how to erase DREAMCAST's interal flash memory

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
darthvim
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

how to erase DREAMCAST's interal flash memory

Post by darthvim »

i want to erase my DREAMCAST's interal flash memory . (erase my old serial of PSO)
because i want to type in a new serial for phantasy star online.
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

take out the PSU and put it bak in again (btw this should be in the newbie forum) and i guess it dosent work anymore cuz you hacked it right? jeeze, GO AND BUY THE GAME... oh and in my theory its not in the internal memory its saved into your PSO save file, so you'll have to delete that, when i took out my PSU it erased my internal memory tho my code was not forgotten by PSo... so its in your save file anyways, just start a new game and erase the old one...
Oz
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Oz »

or... you could just burn this disk:

http://www.mamak-int.com/chabsign/FlashReset.zip
[ edit: live link - https://dreamcast.wiki/Flash_Memory_Eraser ]

and boot your dc with it.
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD »

I thought you could do it by putting a controller in port B and holding X and B or something as you turned on the system. If that doesn't work just hold a magnet up to it. :lol:
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

Doesn't Sega offer a how to guide on their toll free number? I know they had a filter system and if you pressed ? you can find out how. As I didn't own PSO at the time, I didn't care. It might still be there though.

1800 USA SEGA
Quall
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Quall »

This is how I did it.

1) Unplug all controllers

2)Put a controller into port B, with nothing in the slots(no memcards/rumble packs)

3)Put your Web browser in the dreamcast and power it on.

4)After you get the blue SEGA, hold X+B. It should be during the loading screen. BEFORE the title, where you click to connect.

If you did this right, you should get to the Email setting screen. I Used the first web browser version, never tried any others.