Hello, new member, question about connection online

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

cowboyupinblue
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hello, new member, question about connection online

Post by cowboyupinblue »

Hello everybody, new here. I know these topics always come up. I'm trying to figure out the best way for me in my situation to connect online. It's very confusing to figure out because apparently nobody wants to/is allowed to talk about private servers, and also my situation seems to be unique.

I currently have PSO Episode 1&2 Plus for the Gamecube. I have several characters already that I want to take online, saved on my Gamecube memory card. So I am not interested in starting over under any circumstance. Now my question, do I HAVE to buy a Gamecube broadband adapter to play online? Or can I buy a Wii, and go online that way using the Wii's wireless internet connection, by using my gamecube disc and my gamecube memory card?

I would rather buy a Wii than a Gamecube BBA. That is why I am asking. But it's essential that I still be able to use the characters stored on my GC memory card. Thanks for reading (and sorry for making another one of these topics).
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hello, new member, question about connection online

Post by Kayak »

Yes you need a GC BB adapter to play online. You can play online with a wii that has the homebrew channel. It cannot connect regularly. You'll be able to use your current characters either way.
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Hello, new member, question about connection online

Post by BlueCrab »

Using a Wii is definitely the cheaper option to get online. Just make sure you get a Wii that still has Gamecube backwards compatibility (still has Gamecube controller ports).

I'm pretty sure that any Wii can have the homebrew channel installed, which is another prerequisite to getting PSO online with a Wii (since, as the earlier poster said, you can't connect without it and a particular homebrew tool called Devolution).