[GC] Altimira

Discuss various gameplay related topics (rare hunts, time-attack records, etc) here. Anything PSO-related goes here, even if it isn't directly related to Sylverant.

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: [GC] Altimira

Post by Aleron Ives »

Since I recently adjusted the selling system in Garon's Shop on V2, this seemed like a reasonable time to update GC, as well. You can now sell 9, 10, 11, and 12 star rares for 1, 3, 5, and 10 Photon Crystals, respectively.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I've added another small feature to Garon's Shop. You can now combine 3 Monogrinders into 1 Trigrinder or 3 Digrinders into 2 Trigrinders to save bank space. Each combination costs either 500 Meseta or 2 Garon points.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Phantasmal World #3 has a new feature: you can activate the Barrier Field with a voice command. The Quest Board lets you select between Standby/Palette/Speech modes, where Standby is "off" and Palette is the old system of pressing X to activate the Barrier Field. In Speech mode, you can say "barrier on" to activate the barrier whenever you want, without losing access to your X button.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I am pleased to announce a significant "new" feature: I have restored the ability to convert monster parts into weapons in Today's Rate. Although the original Dreamcast version of the quest had this feature, Sega removed it in GameCube, thus giving people no reason to ever play this quest. As in the Dreamcast version, your goal is to locate the microchip on Ragol and give it to Dr. Montague in exchange for a weapon conversion, but unlike in offline mode, weapons converted online will have percentages. The specifics for the GC version of Today's Rate are as follows:
  • The team creator must have completed Doc's Secret Plan, or Dr. Montague won't help you.
  • After you acquire the microchip, you must complete the quest in order to perform a monster part conversion.
  • The location of the red and green players' microchips have been reversed, so that player 1 and player 2 will have their microchips in the same area on both DC and GC.
  • Each player in the team can convert one monster part per run of the quest.
  • Weapons converted in Normal and Hard will have one attribute up to 30%.
  • Weapons converted in Very Hard will have two attributes up to 30% each.
  • Weapons converted in Ultimate will have two attributes up to 60% each, as well as a small chance to have Hit up to 30%.
  • On average, weapons converted in Normal, Hard, and Very Hard will have 5-10%, and weapons converted in Ultimate will have 15-30% per area.
I've made some other tweaks to the quest, as well:
  • Super Hard is available.
  • The translation of Dr. Montague's dialogue has been improved to make slightly more sense.
  • If you complete the quest alone, the type of material you get is more strongly influenced by the difficulty. Only desirable material types are awarded in Very Hard and Ultimate.
  • If all four players collect the microchip, the lab worker will reward you with a material based on the current difficulty. (Of course, you would only give her the microchip if you don't have any monster parts to convert.)
  • If less than four players collect the microchip, the odds of which type of grinder the lab worker will give you have been adjusted. :P
Hopefully Today's Rate will be less lonely on GC now that people might actually want to play it. ;)

Happy 20th Anniversary, PSO!
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: [GC] Frantic Fauna

Post by Aleron Ives »

Avert a crisis
around the
Central Dome!

Client: Horace, scientist
Quest:
A probe leaking radiation
near the Central Dome is
affecting Ragol's native
wildlife. Deactivate the
probe before the damage
becomes irreversible!
Reward: ??? Meseta

At long last, the first entry in my "frantic" trio of quests is available on GC, thanks to BlueCrab adding the feature I needed in order to bring it over. Do you have what it takes to stop a radiation spike that's driving Ragol's native creatures nuts?

The quest is largely the same as on DC, but since the ES weapon side quest doesn't work on GC, I've made changes to that aspect of it. Due to the nature of the quest, Hildeblues and Hildetorrs will not drop items. If you've never played it on V2 before, it won't take you long to understand why. ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I've updated the Mop-up Operation quests to give more time, and the amount of time scales with the number of players in the team. You also get invincibility frames when playing in Ultimate, so weaker classes have a better chance of not dying horribly. Hopefully more people can enjoy these quests now that they're more approachable.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I've made some more tweaks to Garon's Shop.

The first is that Paganini no longer takes all of your Photon Drops when you buy items from him. As with the weapon-based features, he now shows you a list of item tiers and their prices, and he only takes however many Photon Drops are required to buy a particular item. This means you can no longer overpay when you buy items, and you can also buy multiple items in one trip, without having to exit and pick up more Photon Drops after each transaction.

The second is that Lucky Coins are now stored on the server, instead of on your character. In order to approximate the functionality of the old system, Lucky Coins are stored on a per-class basis, meaning if you only have one character of each class, Lucky Coins are still character specific. If you have more than one character of each class, those characters will share the same pool of Lucky Coins. As with most other server-side quest data, Lucky Coins are tied to your Guild Card number. The new system also means:
  • The limit of 100 Lucky Coins has been removed. You can now stockpile as many Lucky Coins as you want.
  • You no longer have to worry about keeping track of which characters have Lucky Coins to spend. Simply talk to Garon, and he will tell you how many Lucky Coins you have saved for each character class.
  • You will be able to buy Lucky Coins directly from the prize command menus after future server events, rather than exclusively through the token redemption quest.
Prospective Horizons and the Phantasmal World quests will now award the new Lucky Coins on Altimira. If you have any unspent Lucky Coins from the old system on any of your characters, you can still spend them on Iselia, which uses the vanilla shop quest.

Finally (and most importantly?!), I've increased the Meseta and Garon point payouts on the slot machine. :P
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I've made a few updates to coincide with the release of the Shattered Reality quest series. Now that you can get Lucky Coins in the VR areas, I've increased the Lucky Coin payout in the other quests to compensate. Phantasmal World #1 and Phantasmal World #2 give one extra Lucky Coin, and Phantasmal World #3, Phantasmal World #4, and Prospective Horizons give two extra Lucky Coins. This should help to keep these quests competitive with the VR quests when it comes to earning Lucky Coins.

In addition, I've made some updates to Garon's Shop. I've streamlined Garon's buying menu to make it easier to select whether you want to shop with Meseta or Garon points, and upon buying anything, you'll return to the buying menu, rather than the main menu. I've also added a quantity selector for music discs to make it faster to stock up on tunes. Finally (and most excitingly?!), I've reduced the price of the jukebox. :)
These users thanked the author Aleron Ives for the post:
GyroVorbis
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

In another minor update, I've altered the slots and roulette to take advantage of the game's underutilised wrapping mechanic. When you win a weapon, it will come as a present using a random wrapping paper, including the next one you need to unlock. You then have the option of taking the present to Zidd to unlock that wrapping paper before you open it, assuming it's the wrapping paper he wants.

I've also adjusted the weapon pool in the slots: both the slots and roulette now have nine weapons that are not available in the other game. Finally, I've improved the slots and roulette RNG slightly.
"Fear the HUnewearl."