Dreamcast games that ended up on PS2/GC/Xbox

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast games that ended up on PS2/GC/Xbox

Post by Christuserloeser »

...you know, like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Toejam & Earl, Shinobi, etc.

Would be interested in getting a list together of any title we missed due to the DC's cancellation, but especially Sega games.
Insane homebrew collector.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: Dreamcast games that ended up on PS2/GC/Xbox

Post by cube_b3 »

They were covered extensively back in the day... Dreamcast History had a list of games that were cancelled all together.

The most notable one for me was Virtua Fighter 4 and then maybe to a lesser extent SoulCalibur 2 though that probably got cancelled very early in development.

It is sad that none of the Dreamcast games except Panzer Dragoon or VF4 got the respect on other platforms. If Gun Valkyrie or Shinobi came out on Dreamcast they would've been held in the same high regard as Rez, Head Hunter and Shenmue 2.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

The ones listed of course and off the top of my head I remember

Jet Set Radio Future
Soul Reaver 2
Half Life
Max Payne.

There were probably more that I can't think of currently. I remember first seeing / trying Gun Valkyre with my best friend in high school and thinking "god this feels like a dreamcast game," then seeing it was made by Sega.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 »

a lot of Sega Saturn games ended up on Xbox live (maybe Psn). I bought Nights into Dreams and I swear even after the patch to fix controls I still can't play it. I think it might just be wireless controllers in general don't always work well with older games? I can barely complete a stage on the Xbox 360 version as were I can actually get an A on the Sega Saturn version.

I have the same problem with emulator games on the Ouya. Its like there is a delay in the controls that is just enough to throw you off. I can go through Quickmans stage with NP on my NES but I can't beat it to save my live on the Ouya.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665