Ship Palmacosta

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ship Palmacosta

Post by Didi »

Contagem regressiva para o Ship entrar no ar.
Quem fala português vai curtir muito essa parceria dos clãs: eXtreme BRasil (XBR) & Nossa-Língua
Passatempo favorito: Jogar os diversos PSOs
Whithil XBR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Whithil XBR »

Acredito que o legits eventualmente se juntará também
com isso teremos uma quantidade recordista de membros online nos dias de mais atividade, com certeza
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

Tomara que eles se juntem também!
Alguém se prontificou a ser GM além de nós dois?
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Whithil XBR wrote:Acredito que o legits eventualmente se juntará também
com isso teremos uma quantidade recordista de membros online nos dias de mais atividade, com certeza
não tenha duvidas os jogadores do legits participarão sim xD ao menos eu tenho certeza que entrarei com frequencia ( sabado e domingo Retuns )

Note:I thought it was not allowed to speak in other languages ​​here in the forum but I'm glad I was wrong :wink:
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

legit nyck wrote:Note:I thought it was not allowed to speak in other languages ​​here in the forum but I'm glad I was wrong :wink:
There's no rule that specifically says that. That said, it is a bit easier for most people around here if you speak English. :wink:
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

BlueCrab wrote:
legit nyck wrote:Note:I thought it was not allowed to speak in other languages ​​here in the forum but I'm glad I was wrong :wink:
There's no rule that specifically says that. That said, it is a bit easier for most people around here if you speak English. :wink:
Hey Blue sorry i have to do that but you know me I am the father of curiosity hehehehe some progress on the ship palmacosta :lol:
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

legit nyck wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:
Hey Blue sorry i have to do that but you know me I am the father of curiosity hehehehe some progress on the ship palmacosta :lol:
almost we opened on Friday, but there is still some problems to solve
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

We're already online, but these functions are not yet enabled as we are still configuring the sylverant sofware
-Quest
-Lobby Info
Whithil XBR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Whithil XBR »

And finally, after some work configuring the ship (and a lot of help from bluecrab with my dumb mistakes in the configuration), The Palmacosta ship is finally linked and running :grin:

Although we are still configuring the Quests, Server-side drops and Lobby Info files, but I believe it will be done before this weekend.

The ship is originally intended to gather all the players from portuguese-speaking PSO communinites (Currently: XBR, Legits and Nossa-Língua) in one single place. And just like Dreamcast-Talk and PSOPalace did, we wanted to join Sylverant to keep the few V1,V2,GC and PC (maybe BB someday) players together instead of spreading in small ships and servers.

But the ship is not limited to Portuguese speakers, everyone is welcome to play with us, and we would like to contribute to other communities and the Sylverant development aswell. (just keep in mind that most users in the ship will not speak english well and some of them will remain speaking only portuguese, but if they will understand all the WORD SELECT sentences if are using psov2-PT/BR translation pack made by Kireek and me).

Once again, Thank you, Bluecrab and Ives for the info, support, and that Nossa-Linguiça Joke (I'm still laughing at that one XD). I see you guys in PSO :wink:
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

because this ship as down all day`s Whithil ?
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

legit nyck wrote:because this ship as down all day`s Whithil ?
was a problem that one of the GMs closed the window and did not know how to open, we are waiting Whithil appear and give us help
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Didi wrote:
was a problem that one of the GMs closed the window and did not know how to open, we are waiting Whithil appear and give us help
GM`s....aaaa man....the price to pay for putting inexperienced people to move where you can't move unfortunately true :roll:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Didi wrote:
In theory, it should be as easy as opening up Cygwin and running "/usr/local/bin/ship_server" in it. In theory. :wink:

Note, I don't use or support Cygwin, so that may not be all you need to do...
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

BlueCrab wrote:
Didi wrote:
In theory, it should be as easy as opening up Cygwin and running "/usr/local/bin/ship_server" in it. In theory. :wink:

Note, I don't use or support Cygwin, so that may not be all you need to do...
I found the file, but had a command, but the same Gms that got shut out, thank you!
Yoshi
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by Yoshi »

Como o Didi e gm eu pensei que ele sabia iniciar o servidor, eu tive que reiniciar o vps pra testar um negócio. Mas consegui achar o comando de iniciar o ship.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I guess nobody has noticed yet, but Palmacosta is numbered incorrectly. It should be 03:Palmacosta. :P
"Fear the HUnewearl."
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Aleron Ives wrote:I guess nobody has noticed yet, but Palmacosta is numbered incorrectly. It should be 03:Palmacosta. :P
Technically, no it shouldn't be. :wink:

Code: Select all

MariaDB [pso]> SELECT idx, ship_number, main_menu, memo FROM ship_data ORDER BY idx;
+-----+-------------+-----------+------------+
| idx | ship_number | main_menu | memo       |
|   3 |           0 |         1 | Iselia     |
|   6 |           3 |         1 | Izoold     |
|   7 |           1 |         1 | Vega       |
|   8 |           2 |         1 | Altimira   |
|   9 |           4 |         1 | Palmacosta |
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)
Technically, Vega should be 02 and Altimira 03, based solely upon the order in which ships were added to the database. For anyone interested, Izoold is the name for what used to be Palmacosta (which indeed was 03:Palmacosta, as the output above shows if you put its old name back in).
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

It would make more sense for the ships to be numbered in the order they appear to the players, though, as I may not be the last person to wonder why ship 03 is missing. What happened to idx 4 and 5 (and 0 - 2, for that matter)? :o
"Fear the HUnewearl."
BeBeZiNhA
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by BeBeZiNhA »

Aleron Ives wrote:It would make more sense for the ships to be numbered in the order they appear to the players, though, as I may not be the last person to wonder why ship 03 is missing. What happened to idx 4 and 5 (and 0 - 2, for that matter)? :o
because there is no ship 03 :lol:
ship offline ... ... .... again :P
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Aleron Ives wrote:It would make more sense for the ships to be numbered in the order they appear to the players, though, as I may not be the last person to wonder why ship 03 is missing. What happened to idx 4 and 5 (and 0 - 2, for that matter)? :o
Well, I'm sure you remember my old "proxy ship" (what used to be called Izoold). That was old idx 2. Also, the original first ship was running on my machine at home, so that's where idx 1 disappeared to (MySQL/MariaDB start indices at 1, so there was no 0). I'm sure that 4 and 5 are test ships that have since disappeared from my recollection.

As for why they're numbered manually in the database, well that's in case one goes down at some point for a while. When that happens, you might end up renumbering every other ship, which would cause confusion in and of itself. Thus, the ships are numbered manually in the database when they're added.