Resident Evil DamNation minor Spoilers

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Resident Evil DamNation minor Spoilers

Post by cube_b3 »

I watched it.

It started off way better than Degeneration. I was hooked for 40 mins.

The first half hour had the classic Piano Resident Evil style music in the background, the story was laid out to be exceptionally deep this time involving Russian Federation and bla bla, a very messy movie. Didn't really understand much. The ending fight sequences were also pretty stupid with an endless supply of lickers, I mean seriously if Buddy had that many Lickers why was he using them so sparsely. It looked like the were respawning... stupid.

On to the characters

Leon's voice acting was alright, he looked like Leon as well. You can't really tell the actors have been changed. Although out of curiosity I played the Resident Evil 4 (graphics hold up really well) trailer and noticed a slight difference in the voice, can't say it is better or worse but I just like to read that the same voices are involved. Unfortunately Capcom doesn't go for Union actors or something which is why they keep changing them. Damnation avoided the one liners of Resident Evil 4 showing a more believable Leon, this time the one liners are back with a vengeance. I mean they are to many any the one with the injured soldier grabbing his leg, made him come off as really apathetic (which he was through out the movie), I guess dealing with apocalyptic situations at regular intervals can do that.

Ada suffered quite a bit in this movie - her new actress isn't bad, but the character model looks different and has significantly de-aged. She always looked older than Leon. This time she looks pretty young which was weird. Things are made worse by the absence of Sally Cahill as she has a unique voice, and she is missed.

New Characters - JD was fun and the fact that he was anti piracy was a nice touch :P. Then we have old lady president suddenly transforming into Kung-Fu Panda was funny, not only did she kick Ada's Ass, she kicked Leon's as well. Lastly Buddy didn't really work that well.

I played the originally trilogy when I was significantly below 18, I found them very deep. I was haunted for days when a minor character called Ben was killed by a BOW in Resident Evil 2. I found the first 2 games very deep, the third one was stupid (but the movie Resident Evil: Apocalypse showed how such an ending could be possible and Umbrella would continue doing their thing). Anyway Code Veronica was great as well.

4 looked great, play well but the plot was beyond stupid. Maybe I just grow up?

But I just can't get immersed into this franchise anymore. I see through all the flaws in the script and always makes me yell at the screen.
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Resident Evil DamNation minor Spoilers

Post by Klonoa »

I saw this a month ago?

It was an okay movie I don't think you can take the plot in RE seriously I really liked that Tyrant-like monster fight at the end. Ada vs President fight was unbelievable and Matrixy but it was entertaining I don't think I yawned once, this would be cool if there was a whole season of this.