Planetweb Browser v. 3.0 for free

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Negora
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Planetweb Browser v. 3.0 for free

Post by Negora »

?Hi there!:

?Planetweb Browser v. 3.0 was released time ago, and some people have told me that this has been on the Internet to be downloaded for months. I would like to know if you can tell me any website or FTP server where I can download it, since Dreamcast Emulation hasn't included this in any section. Can anyone help me, please?

?Thank you very much. See you.
Negora
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Negora »

?Hi again!:

?If you've one, I would like to buy you a disc. Please, put a price and contact me if you're interested, since I can't get one from the United States, since I live in Europe.

?See you.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Re: Planetweb Browser v. 3.0 for free

Post by someoneElse »

Negora wrote:?Hi there!:

?Planetweb Browser v. 3.0 was released time ago, and some people have told me that this has been on the Internet to be downloaded for months. I would like to know if you can tell me any website or FTP server where I can download it, since Dreamcast Emulation hasn't included this in any section. Can anyone help me, please?

?Thank you very much. See you.
DCEmulation does not host the Planetweb 3.0 Browser because unlike the 2.0 and 2.6, version 3.0 is NOT free, and is considered warez to distribute it.

Planetweb still sell it for $25 USD +shipping, but it is buggy and you would consider yourself lucky if you even recieved your disk. Planetweb's store has a VERY high number of complaints against them.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
Negora
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Negora »

?Hi!:

?Thank you. Do you think that someone could get one and send me after paying this? I know that this isn't a perfect browser, but I'm interested in getting one. I would like to use it and know how this works.

?See you.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

It's basicly the 2.6 browser..</br>
</br>
only there is AIM support, enhanced java, and dreamcall is disabled..

I'd rather have dreamkey.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

EvilN wrote:It's basicly the 2.6 browser..</br>
</br>
You forgot that it has Flash 4, which would make it actually be able to play most flash animations on the web, and that it has support for java applets(not just javascript like the others), and most importantly supports the Broadband adapter....

By the way, you can use AIM in any of the Planetweb browsers through the IRC client...

...and shouldn't this have been moved to Dreamcast Discussion or General help by now?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

If you live in Europe have you tried DreamKey 3.0? It's still being distributed freely at the Sega site:

http://www.sega-europe.com
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Negora
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Negora »

?Hi!:

?Thank you for your answers. I already have Dreamkey v. 3.0, but this isn't better tha Planetweb Browser v. 3.0, since it hasn't Java, IRC... This is very similar to Dreamkey v. 1.0, but has a few differences.
?Anyway, if you know someone who is interested in selling one, I'd like to know.

?Thank you again. See you :) .
AnimeUSA
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by AnimeUSA »

[quote="EvilN"]It's basicly the 2.6 browser..</br>
</br>

I'd rather have dreamkey.[/quote]

I have 3.0 and it is the most buggiest browser of them all. And it does NOT have AIM support. =( And the Planet Web messenger is a total joke. Looks like a java powered message board to me. =P
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

AnimeUSA wrote:I have 3.0 and it is the most buggiest browser of them all. And it does NOT have AIM support. =( And the Planet Web messenger is a total joke. Looks like a java powered message board to me. =P
Any browser with an IRC client has AIM support.

Go here in your IRC-compatible DC web browser. (it's just there so you can make a bookmark of the web page before it forwards you, and not have to type everything down every time).

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/mexre/dcaim.html

Now when you are logged into the server type the following:
/msg aimserv signon screenname password
Of course screenname being your screenname and password being your password. Now once you are logged on you need to join the room aimirc-screenname, to do this type the following:
/join #aimirc-screenname
Of course screenname again being your screenname. AimServ should enter the room if not just type:
/msg aimserv ?
To talk to someone not on your Buddy List type:
add screenname
This time screenname means the screenname of the person your trying to contact. To talk to these people click on the whisper option on the sidebar to the left of the screen, or type /msg TheirScreenName message
For additional help type:
help
If aimserv is not in the room you must type:
/msg aimserv (Then the command) i.e.:
/msg aimserv add screename
Then AimServ should return to the room.
If you want to use your buddy list type:
/msg aimserv help buddies

I don't know if Planetweb 3.0 works with the java-based AIM
Express:

http://www.aim.com/get_aim/express/aim_expr.adp

Bah, if only homebrew browsers were possible at this time... Then a Trillian port would be all too likely...
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish
God Of All Things Sporkish

Post by EvilSporkMan »

IE6 doesn't have an IRC client, does it? I'm just curious, PLEASE don't recommend a separate client.
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.