DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DanteJay's Dreamcast Emulator for Sega Dreamcast V2.0

Post by DanteJay »

So as the title would imply, I am currently working on a Dreamcast emulator for the Sega Dreamcast. In my current release, all games in the Dreamcast library are reported to be working 100%. However, there are a few titles that currently lack internal VGA support.

Version 2.0 Change-log

Code: Select all

Removed support for CD-Rom media (including CD-R and CD-RW). Now only GD-Rom and GD-R media are supported.
[/size]

Edit: Version 3.0 coming soon!! (Stay tuned for pics.)
Last edited by DanteJay on Sat May 21, 2011 11:53 am, edited 15 times in total.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: DanteJay's Dreamcast Emulator for Sega Dreamcast V1.0

Post by pixel »

Hey there DanteJay? YYYDDSCXfffffff You're Dreamcast emulator for the Sega Dreamcast Dreamcast emulator is of the lowly quality! Viaagra and ciacalis is super cheap like stuff. $$234 You are should be ashame of of bad posts made by u yourself`

Post automatically generated by pixel's Anti-DanteJay Troll Script
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

HI GUYS FIRST THANKS FOR GREAT EMULATOR, CAME TO THIS WEBSITE JUST FOR THIS LOL

ANYWAY WILL THIS WORK ON SONY PLAYSTATION 2, BECAUSE I USED TO HAVE A DREAMCAST BUT I SOLD IT TO GET PLAYSTATION 2 WHEN GAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY (BEST GAME EVER LOL) CAME OUT BUT I STILL HAVE SOME OLD GAMES LIKE SONIC'S ADVENTURE 1 & 2, POWERSTONE, CRAZY TAXI FOR DREAMCAST THAT I WANT TO PLAY.

I TRIED BURN TO CD-R LIKE IT SAYS BUT I GOT AN ERROR.

PLZ HELP ME AND MY BORTHER REALLY WANT TO PLAY SOME POWERSTONE LOL THANKS
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Yo dawg, I heard you like Dreamcast, so I put a Dreamcast in your Dreamcast so you can Dreamcast while you Dreamcast.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

BoneyCork wrote:I STILL HAVE SOME OLD GAMES LIKE SONIC'S ADVENTURE 1 & 2, POWERSTONE, CRAZY TAXI FOR DREAMCAST THAT I WANT TO PLAY.

No discussion about piracy here! It's against the rules!

TOPIC LOCKED
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Can it play DreamSNES?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

DanteJay wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I STILL HAVE SOME OLD GAMES LIKE SONIC'S ADVENTURE 1 & 2, POWERSTONE, CRAZY TAXI FOR DREAMCAST THAT I WANT TO PLAY.

TOPIC LOCKED
LOL NOT WAREZ, MY DAD KNOWS SOMEONE AT WORK WHOSE COUSIN USED TO WORK FOR SEGA SO COULD GET DIGITAL EDITIONS FOR HALF PRICE SO ALL LEGIT LOL. NICE TRY THO.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Luriden wrote:Can it play DreamSNES?
Only the editions where the girl on the main menu has two left hands.

BoneyCork wrote:LOL NOT WAREZ, MY DAD KNOWS SOMEONE AT WORK WHOSE COUSIN USED TO WORK FOR SEGA SO COULD GET DIGITAL EDITIONS FOR HALF PRICE SO ALL LEGIT LOL. NICE TRY THO.
In that case... You're doing it all wrong. Stop using the disk-juggler. It creates too many bubbles in the dye. What you need is a 120% bottle of Alcohol (so buy two). Once your disk is written using your cd-burner (must be a cd-burner, no hybrid drives), you then need to prep the disk for being read in the Dreamcast. Start by soaking an abrasive sponge (sos pad will do) in the 120% alcohol, and scrub the surface until there is no more reflection. Then insert it into your Dreamcast and cover your ears. For the next 10 seconds the Dreamcast cd-drive lens will let out a shriek so loud, not even an xbox 360 could top. Once your brother's ears cease to bleed, the game will load in all it's 128-bit glory.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

BoneyCork wrote:I TRIED BURN TO CD-R LIKE IT SAYS BUT I GOT AN ERROR.
You need to do the reverse burn mod.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

BoneyCork wrote:
DanteJay wrote:

TOPIC LOCKED
LOL NOT WAREZ, MY DAD KNOWS SOMEONE AT WORK WHOSE COUSIN USED TO WORK FOR SEGA SO COULD GET DIGITAL EDITIONS FOR HALF PRICE SO ALL LEGIT LOL. NICE TRY THO.
You should get the cousin's contact info! Maybe he can help get some new games out for Dreamcast. There was this one guy a while back who was investing a lot of money in getting top-name titles like GTA3 and Mortal Kombat ported to the Dreamcast, but I don't think he's done yet. I know they'll come out eventually because I donated a bunch of money to help him do it, but I'm beginning to wonder if his release schedule was maybe a bit ambitious. I'd love to play Fallout: New Vegas, but I'm waiting for the DC version this guy is porting. Starting to get a bit impatient, though. If you can get the cousin's contact info, maybe they can work together to get more great titles done faster. We all know the Dreamcast has a ton of untapped potential, and in the right person's hands can actually be more powerful than the PS3 in certain ways.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
DanteJay wrote:

TOPIC LOCKED
You should get the cousin's contact info! Maybe he can help get some new games out for Dreamcast. There was this one guy a while back who was investing a lot of money in getting top-name titles like GTA3 and Mortal Kombat ported to the Dreamcast, but I don't think he's done yet. I know they'll come out eventually because I donated a bunch of money to help him do it, but I'm beginning to wonder if his release schedule was maybe a bit ambitious. I'd love to play Fallout: New Vegas, but I'm waiting for the DC version this guy is porting. Starting to get a bit impatient, though. If you can get the cousin's contact info, maybe they can work together to get more great titles done faster. We all know the Dreamcast has a ton of untapped potential, and in the right person's hands can actually be more powerful than the PS3 in certain ways.
In the right developers hands, the fucking atari jaguar couldhave pwned all consoles that followed; including the wii and ps3 combined.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

The Jaguar couldn't pwn the Virtual Boy.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

[UPDATE]

I have just released DanteJay's Dreamcast Emulator for Sega Dreamcast V2.0. Everything is the same as V1.0, except I have removed CD/CD-R support. This was due to the fact that too many DCEmu users were pirating my glorious emulator. So now this will only run on GD-Rs. While removing this feature will make getting this emulator to run on the Dreamcast really difficult, I am satisfied with the results. Please contact Panasonic or Matsushita to order your licensed GD-R writer.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

THATS FUCKING BULLSHIT. IM QUITTING THE SCENE FOREVER LATER AFTER I POST THIS ON MY BLOG.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

I thought you was leaving the scene... Huh. I guess that was until you started your next little project, D-C-R-T-Sssss. This was to be expected from you, I know you wouldn't make good on your word. Man... One second you be coming up in here, tryin' to tell me that my emulator ain't nothing... Man, yo game ain't nothin. And then you turn around and start your new little project, hoping the boss will forgive you. Man, playa, you don't play my game! Forget that man... Yo game will be supported in V3.0. So don't you be coming up in here and talkin smack bout my emulation skillz, Boney-to-the-"C". Cuz I'm sick of you peeps trynna tear me down to build yo selves up. No more man... This is MY HOUSE!
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Fuck off. Your emulator is so gay, it won't even run games unless it's jammed in my anus. I'd make an emulator better than yours - it's just so far below my ability level that I just can't bring myself to trade in my dignity just for the sake of showing the world that you're a failure.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: DanteJay's Dreamcast Emulator for Sega Dreamcast V2.0

Post by DanteJay »

swapnil147 wrote:Firstly i would like to thank you....
I have received the reverse burn mod successfully.
But there is an error as before.....
Sometimes there's an error with a combination of a particular controller with a VMU inserted into the controller plugged into slot one. Try switching controllers, or slots. Also, if you have a Chao living in your VMU, you should change his name to Rorre. That's doesn't really solve anything, except now you can kick him around the Chao room in Sonic Adventure to vent your frustration on him for your VMU issues, and he'll never die.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

[Update]

Added support for DCRTS in the soon to be released V3.0
It is anticipated that this game will run with many glitches. These are errors due to shoddy programming on the part of the game's developers, and are in no way linked to the shoddy programming of the S-DC V3.0 emulator.
Last edited by DanteJay on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

[Update 2]

Version 3.0 has been canceled. The next release will be version 3.0.1
Thank you for your understanding, and lack of support.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Unfortunately for you Sega digitally watermarked all it's Dreamcast libraries with images of Sonic hentai. How disappointed I was to find the exact same images on certain files in the latest distro of your emulator - right down to the pubic hair on Amy Rose's snatch. WAREZ IS NOT TOLERATED ON THESE FORUMS.