Porting MMF games to Dreamcast (Mainly Sonic Unity)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Porting MMF games to Dreamcast (Mainly Sonic Unity)

Post by clessoulis »

Umm yeah I dont know about all if Aytac and Hoohaz would have the know how to port SU to dreamcast. This would be a worthly release that would help fuel the release of more fan games for dreamcast and computer alone.

Question #1: Would the source code be needed for both MMF the program and SonicUnity the .cca file?

Question #2: Would this be a free loader, as in it would load all mmf games?

Question #3: Is anyone interested in making this?

I just wanna see what everyone opions are on this.

Please let me know if you can possably see this being made. I'm a gofer i'll find any information that you need.

I just need a little help thx.
alien8
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by alien8 »

For those not-in-the-know, like myself, what exactly is MMF?
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

MMF =

Post by clessoulis »

MultiMediaFusion. Its a very easy game maker and btw I think I've firgured out how it works. Are any of you programs so I can ask if my theory would work?
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Multimedia Fusion

Post by NeonGenesis »

Wow, this is a nice idea, and I would like to see it, as I have been using MMF and its predecessors for a number of years. However, would it work? I may be wrong, but aren't the MMF .cca files designed for use in a Win 3.x/9x environment? Or could one build a custom MMF compiler to compile the .ccas for DC use instead of into standard Win9x EXE's?