Gameboy Micro

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
lynx44
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lynx44 »

What the? If you're talking about the GBC, bear in mind that it was released something like 8 years after the Gameboy, and a long time after Gameboy sales had died down.
Not just the GBC. First they made GB's with colored cases, although not a revision still a gimmick to sell more. VERY shortly after they released the GB pocket, and then came the GBC. Shortly after that came the GBA, then the SP, now the GBA micro.
And I'm sure you're wrong. Why would anyone object to Sony doing another PS2 redesign? It's not like it'd be incompatible with the previous designs, or with previous hardware.
I totally agree, nobody SHOULD complain about something like that, but I know that they would. You really think that if Sony were to put out another version of the PS2 that people wouldn't come on this forum and talk about how greedy Sony is for doing it yet again, shortly after they already redesigned the console? There's no way I can really prove it, unless they actually do it, but read any thread that says "Sony" in it, and its fairly obvious that many people are extremely biased against the company and take any chance they can to claim that everything they create is made to rip people off.

-Matt
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

What's the argument here? That Nintendo is making too many different versions of things? So what. It's not like the nextgen Gameboy is being put off because of this. It's another option. I like to have options, and just because there are more options doesn't mean you have to get each one. If you don't like it, ignore it.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Nintnedo has had a new portable every year since gba's launch. That's the problem. What will parents think when they see it? Down goes opinion..
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

What will parents think when they see it? Down goes opinion..
Maybe, thank god I won't be forced to buy the latest one for games

Parents love Nintendo. Because Kids love Nintendo and Nintendo's consoles are cheap
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

EvilN wrote:Nintnedo has had a new portable every year since gba's launch. That's the problem. What will parents think when they see it? Down goes opinion..
no, your wrong

GBA, 2001
GBA SP, 2003
DS, 2004 (05 here in europe)
GBA M, anounced 2005, launched presumably 2005, maybe 06

so 2002 saw no new ninty portable, and 04 didnt here in europe, and the DS really doesnt fit into the GBA line, this new GBAM proves this even further

personally i wasnt all that happy with the SP since i didnt own the latest and greatest anymore, but i decided not to get it, and i dont really care anymore, i dont feel like nintendo ripped me off with the gba, and i wont go all balistic over the micro, if it comes in cheap enough ill get it, if not then i wont worry one bit
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Freeze, you forgot gameboy player.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

If your going to be that picky:
Nintnedo has had a new portable every year
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

If this little thing actually has a decent (read: transflective) screen rather than the reflective frontlit garbage that Nintendo insist on using I might have to get one.
Last edited by sixteen-bit on Thu May 19, 2005 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

BlackAura wrote:
I never heard people complaining about the SP
Yep. A lot.
It's true, I complained about it. Although I thought backlighting was nice, I hated the design, since I have big hands. So you know what I did? I took the money that could have been used to buy one and just left it in my wallet. I didn't buy it! OMG, that showed them!

Seriously, there's no sense in complaining about the Micro. Unlike the first two versions of GBA, this one is marketed differently. People that love their SP are not going to buy this. This is marketed for people that want something small that can fit in there pocket and is easy to carry around. This, IMO, is marketed more for cell phone gamers. It's a nice idea, really, but Nintendo better make it reasonably price, or else it may not catch on.
Ominous 0nionfrog
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ominous 0nionfrog »

It does look very sexy... I wouldnt really want one due to the small screen, but maybe that'll change when i see one in person... and try playing on one...
I hope it coming out will reduce the gba sp price... Id love to pick up an sp for like $50...(or less)
jaredfogle wrote: Every time you jack off, you kill thousands of "people."
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

EvilN wrote:Freeze, you forgot gameboy player.
as matt stated, gb player isnt portable

and personally i dont have any problem with the idea behind a GB player, it caters to people who like to play GB games at home, but like the comfort of a full blown TV and controller combo

the new incarnations of the GBA were just different forms of portable hardware, i think the GB player can really add something to the mix, especially at its decidedly lower price point compared to the GBA, the SP and most likely the micro

and if you also include the NES styled gba in the line-up, then why pass on the special zelda and mario editions? of the pokemon specials (at least three of them im sure), the special pink girly GBA SP? the limited ed platinum GBA? and the countless other versions those japs got?

and while we are talking, aquatic PS2, platinum PS2, yellow, pink, blue, white, and just about every other color (japan at the least), the crystal xbox, the green see through xbox, the limited edition halo xbox? the jap cubes like the mario themed one, the special edition gundam themed cube? sega's sports DC, the hello kitty DC, and probably a lot more

sorry, but claiming the nes GBA was aimed at people who already own one and bash nintendo for it is really weak, considering just about every single console in the last 10 years has had a special edition with only a different color scheme

also, any gamer with an SP who got the nes one either has to much cash, or needs to be institutionalized
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

I'm getting one. I never bought an sp, and my black GBA is just getting scratched to hell. So this is the perfect opportunity for a new purchase.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

It looks like it's gonna freaking break if I try to play it... :lol:
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

navi wrote:It looks like it's gonna freaking break if I try to play it... :lol:
Really? That thing looks pretty solid to me.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I wouldn't mind one if my SP ever getted fuxz0rz. It'd definately be better for college, as something to do between classes. Hm.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

pixel wrote:I wouldn't mind one if my SP ever getted fuxz0rz. It'd definately be better for college, as something to do between classes. Hm.
or in class.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

mattthemodder wrote:If your going to be that picky:
Nintnedo has had a new portable every year
He hasn't answered yet :lol:
Its GameBoy Micro, not PSP Micro
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

melancholy wrote:
Really? That thing looks pretty solid to me.
Guess I'm rough on my systems. That and the fact that things that are tightly packed seems to have a lot of pressure built up. but meh...
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

BlackAura wrote:
Yet I know if Sony were to do something like this (say, make another version of the PS2) the majority of these same people would criticise it and talk about how greedy and evil Sony is.
Actually, no.

Have you ever heard anyone complain about the PSTwo? I haven't. Anywhere. Nor did I hear anyone complain about the PSOne. However, when the SP was announced, loads of people were complaining about it. Why? It's absolutely no bloody different.

When the PSTwo was released, I did see a few comments to the effect that it wasn't very well done, and has some serious problems (like overheating, shoddy manufacturing quality, and so on). Understandably so - it wasn't very well done. Certainly not as well done as the PSOne was. But nobody complained about the idea.

But every single time Nintendo comes out with a revision of some of their hardware, loads of people (most of whom do not own any Nintendo hardware anyway) come out of the woodwork and start whining and moaning about it.

wow well i guess the backlight, rechargable battery, compact flip design just came from nowhere....
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Im not gonna read these last 3 pages, but the SP had to be made because portablemonopoly (triton labs) was making way too much money on the afterburner. Nintendo saw that people would sacrifice battery life for a lighted system so they needed to come out with the SP. The redisign was there to get people with a afterburner mod to buy another product, and it took care of the peeps that just wanted a backlight. If the SP wasnt redisigned most people with an afterburner would not have bought another GBA.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head