New DC Accessories! (well, not quite yet, but possibly soon)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fatheadpi »

They should steal the DOC's idea, but make the controllers not suck. Basically, you have a reciever box that includes a vmu hookup for port A1, andthe controllers feature built in rumble. RF would be nice, but I'd be happy with a decent response time.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

dcs is back on forward the message to them...
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Umm, actually, there are pretty good 6 button controllers. I have one that looks almost exactly like the original dc control, except for the feel. It even still has the two triggers on top if you would like to use them. The only thing is the buttons are labeled x and c. Does this mean that it is some type of prototype? It has no label and I dont have a camera. But is has two grips on the side. it is very nice to hold.

Rf means what? Is that some wireless transmission mode or something?

Autofire, wireless, 6 button, analog and directional pad controllers. That would be cool. And some light gun that isn't crap. I like to be able to play House of the Dead without a controller but with a GOOD gun. And the official japanese one wont work. Curses.

A BBA would be nice if that DCRPG became an actual game online. We would buy the game and the bba, and have tourneys and stuff.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I rather like the MadCatz controllers, except that the D-Pad is far too loose. However, if you'll refer back to the original thread topic, there is a company that might be willing to do this. Perhaps the Goat Store would be interested in becoming a reseller for these products? ;)
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I have that one too. I melted some pieces of plastic onto the sides of the d-pad slot so that it wouldn't move as much. But it sure was easy considering I used a solder gun :)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Dark Savant0 wrote:Rf means what? Is that some wireless transmission mode or something?
RF means Radio Frequency, IIRC, and yes it is a type of wireless transmission.
Dark Savant0 wrote:A BBA would be nice if that DCRPG became an actual game online. We would buy the game and the bba, and have tourneys and stuff.
Its always good to see interest in DCRPG. Online play will come, hopefully sooner than later. Give us time :)
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

We should try to write a letter asking for a broadband adapter!
--==--
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Whats IIRC?

Lets make a petition!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

1. "If I Recall Correctly"

2. No point--I already talked to them about making DC accessories, and they said "yes, so long as they can stay in business long enough to do so." (See the first post in this thread). Writing in to them to show their interest might not be a bad idea, but there's no point petitioning if they're already interested. The main factor is whether or not their initial product line sells well enough to give them the financial resources.

3. As for a BBA, that might be a bit complicated and not very cost-effective. Start with controllers and move from there :-P
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

I think the only way for them to succeed is to make dc controllers. Who the hell would want a wireless nes and snes controller? I sure don't know anyone. but then again I'm the only hardcore dc gamer in my city....sigh

I highly doubt that they'll make bba's, and if they do then they should sell them on ebay cause they'll make a killing.

that's what I think anyway,

Kingbuzzo.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

DC has gotta be the way forward, People are crying out for a decent Six button controller, And if they can produce a nice pad, Peeps will buy it. Then after that who Knows?