THE MORROWIND THREAD

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sixteen-bit »

Level 15 - 20? wow, my char is only level 6 and I was playing that game on and off for a few months. Haven't gotten back into it yet, mainly because I don't know where my dad put his GeForce card :o
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I'm loving it from lv10+ to be honest. I stopped playing it for like 2 months, PSO on Gamecube kinda took over, lol.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Narcissus wrote:
I was a thief... acrobatics help you jump high, and long, which means you can travel way faster because you move faster when you jump, and jump on top of buildings and stuff from ground level (which definitely helps when you have a town full of guards chasing you ;-)).

Wow, Thats awesome. Never knew you could get to jumping that high.

By the way guys, here some advice:

In Balmora, In the Guard Tower right near/behind Cauis Casades house, There's a 17000g sword on top of a closet with a guard right next to it -- Grab that sucker and run your ass out of town. Go up into the mountains, Hide everything you own, Go back to town, Confront a guard, Instead of paying the gold (Which you probably cant, its 17k bounty) go to jail, when you get out, come back to the mountain and you have that BADASS sword. It's awesome... (It casts a spell when stricken that takes 30 dmg off your target... for 30 seconds)

16bit wrote:Level 15 - 20? wow, my char is only level 6 and I was playing that game on and off for a few months. Haven't gotten back into it yet, mainly because I don't know where my dad put his GeForce card
Deeper into his post he actually said his Khajiit was level 60; that = amazing.

Speaking of needing to high level to be hooked... Dude Im level Four and i am ADDICTED. I played for 7 hours straight last night. =X
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Only thing bad is if you got a 17k bounty and go to jail for it don't you end up loseing massive amounts of skills points. I know I let them put me in jail for a 2k bounty and I lost 10 skill points. Needless to say I loaded a game.

I did find a trick you can do though. Walk into a business that has 2 floors. Steal something worthless like a 1 gold bottle. Run upstairs and wait for the person to get to the door, then exit. Walk up to a guard and turn yourself in. IT should be a 1 or 2 gold fee, just pay it. Then go back in the downstairs door and you should have about 10 seconds to loot some stuff before the merchant gets back down there. You have to be quick though. Also make sure you don't still have stolen goods on you, cause the guard will take them too. This probably wouldn't work well with the 17000 sword cause when the guards touch you it automatically brings up that pay gold, jail, resist screen.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

In Balmora, In the Guard Tower right near/behind Cauis Casades house, There's a 17000g sword on top of a closet with a guard right next to it -- Grab that sucker and run your ass out of town. Go up into the mountains, Hide everything you own, Go back to town, Confront a guard, Instead of paying the gold (Which you probably cant, its 17k bounty) go to jail, when you get out, come back to the mountain and you have that BADASS sword. It's awesome... (It casts a spell when stricken that takes 30 dmg off your target... for 30 seconds)
I'll have to try that ;)
btw that movie in your sig made me laugh for ages.

EDIT: Heh, you COULD do your way, or do what I did: Kill that guard (Not easy, heck at lv12 I just beat him, lol), then go outside, speak to a guard, pay him 36 gold, and all the items in that building are yours for the taking :)
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
16bit wrote:Level 15 - 20? wow, my char is only level 6 and I was playing that game on and off for a few months. Haven't gotten back into it yet, mainly because I don't know where my dad put his GeForce card
Deeper into his post he actually said his Khajiit was level 60; that = amazing.

Speaking of needing to high level to be hooked... Dude Im level Four and i am ADDICTED. I played for 7 hours straight last night. =X
Level 60!...
Well, I can't find that bloody Geforce card so I installed in on the laptop thinking "What the hell, it won't work but I am so bored". It worked! I mean, the awful S3 chipset sucks and all so I only get about 10fps but it actually works! :o
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Veggita2099 wrote:Only thing bad is if you got a 17k bounty and go to jail for it don't you end up loseing massive amounts of skills points. I know I let them put me in jail for a 2k bounty and I lost 10 skill points. Needless to say I loaded a game.

I did find a trick you can do though. Walk into a business that has 2 floors. Steal something worthless like a 1 gold bottle. Run upstairs and wait for the person to get to the door, then exit. Walk up to a guard and turn yourself in. IT should be a 1 or 2 gold fee, just pay it. Then go back in the downstairs door and you should have about 10 seconds to loot some stuff before the merchant gets back down there. You have to be quick though. Also make sure you don't still have stolen goods on you, cause the guard will take them too. This probably wouldn't work well with the 17000 sword cause when the guards touch you it automatically brings up that pay gold, jail, resist screen.
Ah shite, I never knew they took skill points for going to jail. Screw that. I'll just level up, Kill the guard like Gmc said and then take it.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Holy crap, I went to Suran (You can get there easy from the Silt Strider in Balmora) And in the Trader shop, the guy has sitting there a Dreugh Helm and a Dreugh Cuirass (Both have like 56 armor and are worth 3000g) I stole something cheap to get him to attack me, Killed him, Took the loot.

Great find :D
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

You thief! lol

That sword you said about is awesome. I accidently dropped it I think and now I've lost it :? I'm so stupid, lol.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I swear this game has a lot of bugs in it. I was doing that job for red-eye where you get 200 bucks from that women in the nudiy bar. Anyways she wouldn't just hand it over, so I pickpocketed it from her figureing that would be the easiest way. I go back to the warriors guild and sure enough she just told me the quest again, it wouldn't let me just give her the 200 bucks. So I had to restore and just kill the women, which turned out to actually be just as easy.

I stole about 4000 gold worth of stuff from the pawnshop there. I just stole a bottle, ran upstairs and of course he followed me. Exited the shop, payed a guard 1 gold fine and returned the bottle. Then I went in the DOWNSTAIRS door and grabbed a bunch of ebon darts worth 2000 each before he got back downstairs.

Im up to level 5. I found you also level from skilling your minor skills as well. Im starting to work my casting stuff now that I have learned a bit more about the game.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Buggy...the PAL version doesnt seem too bad, I got stuck in a wall once but thats it. Mabye they fixed a lot of the bugs that were apparant in the NTSC version on the PAL version?

Mind you, when the Game of the Year version is out I reckon it wont have as much bugs...
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Yea I all the time am seeing little bugs here and there. I am constantly getting stuck from jumping around for one thing. Also a lot of those quests seem to be bugged. One time somebody was talking to me and they called me Jimbo the %classname.

I found another way to loot good stuff. In the mages guild of Balorana (whatever that city is) go to the mage guild and join. Do the first quest which involves getting mushrooms for ajora. Then after that quest Ajora wants you to put a fake soul gem in geroga's desk. Doing this quest gets her to walk downstairs. On top of her desk is several soul gems, one of which is worth 60,000, a 6,000, and a few others. You have plenty of time to loot them. Problem now is finding a use for them, or a place to sell them. None of the merchants ever have enough money to buy it.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

damn now i really really want this game, it sounds so cool, with the way everyone is talking about it, only problem is none of the shops down where i live have it, so im gonna have to wait till i go to dublin to get it :( .
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Seems like when it got marked down to $20 people made a mad rush to buy it. I got the last copy they had at babbages, and EB was sold out. Babbages had plenty of the PC version, but its $10 more. I kinda wish I had bought the PC version, I have noticed if you get more then 3 things fighting at once it bogs it down big time on Xbox. Also I figure the save and load times would be a lot less on PC. It takes nearly 50 to 60 seconds everytime it loads a savegame, probably takes 30 seconds to save a game.

I was just scared it would screw up on my computer. Seems like 1/2 the games I try to play screw up on it, I didn't want to hassle with trying to get it to work.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Oh I forgot to ask. How do you go about enchanting items, and how do you do alchemy and spell making? I know you can pay those mage's big bucks to do it, but how do you do it yourself? I browsed through the manual and it was rather vague. I know as a redguard my major skills are alchemy and enchanting, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it? I got a bunch of those soul gems, includeing that 60,000 I looted from that mage chick.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

You have to go the the alchemist and buy a bunch of supplies to do it yourself. I've never really messed with it, but I think you have to browse through books and stuff to figure out what to mix together, then you have to wander around gathering stuff. Too complicated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I figured enchanting out. I made a hammer that summons ancestrial ghost for 16 seconds hehe. Tried to make a iron sword that would heal for 25 pts per hit, but it won't work that way.

Only reasons I really want to know how to do those two things is to help level me.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

My charcters like lv17/18 now, maxed out Strength and Long blade mastery, and almost maxed out Axe mastery. I havent done any of the quests for a while though, I just like going about exploring and killing stuff :mrgreen:
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Veggita2099 wrote:I swear this game has a lot of bugs in it. I was doing that job for red-eye where you get 200 bucks from that women in the nudiy bar. Anyways she wouldn't just hand it over, so I pickpocketed it from her figureing that would be the easiest way. I go back to the warriors guild and sure enough she just told me the quest again, it wouldn't let me just give her the 200 bucks. So I had to restore and just kill the women, which turned out to actually be just as easy.

It's not a bug, It's just you are supposed to kill her. (She says when you come back "Oh yes you had to kill her, Sometimes the only way to do it" or something)

But yea the game is buggy.. If you ever get curious and try to go back to the beginning of the game in Seyda Neen and jump over that rope and onto that dock you arrived on; Dont. You get stuck. I had to revert back to last save, Losing like an hour's play.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Veggita2099 wrote: One time somebody was talking to me and they called me Jimbo the %classname.
That isnt a bug either, lol. Sometimes people will call you either by your Race, Name, Or class... Geez. :roll:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:I found another way to loot good stuff. In the mages guild of Balorana (whatever that city is) go to the mage guild and join. Do the first quest which involves getting mushrooms for ajora. Then after that quest Ajora wants you to put a fake soul gem in geroga's desk. Doing this quest gets her to walk downstairs. On top of her desk is several soul gems, one of which is worth 60,000, a 6,000, and a few others. You have plenty of time to loot them. Problem now is finding a use for them, or a place to sell them. None of the merchants ever have enough money to buy it.
You can sell the lesser ones (Worth like 2000g) to the Enchanters in other Mage Guilds...

PS: How can you play the game for hours and not remember the name of the most visited city :P (Balmora)