*NEW* homebrew game ported TRAILBLAZERDC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
No Name
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by No Name »

Hollywood Hasney wrote:the crybaby just deleted an entire site that wasn't his :roll:
And how was the site not his? I was hosting it for him, and it was definately his.
mmm.... n00b blood
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Hollywood Hasney wrote:Well, some of you see him as a hero... the crybaby just deleted an entire site that wasn't his :roll:
He went and deleted everything on http://dev.dcemulation.org

That includes everyone else's releases and code that were hosted there, not just a little bit of his stuff. Documents, tools, other MAME ports, you name it. It's bad enough that he went nuts because toastman asked him for some source code, but he goes and destroys hundereds of hours of other people's work. I don't care how much he's released, or how offended he may have been - that was totally out of order.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Wasgo wrote:I think you guys missed the point. I don't think the issue was the source, so much as the thread of the nice new game he released was hijacked to complain about gpl violations. He does something nice, and doesn't even get any congrats before this crap starts.
Agreed. In a similar way to what happened to Atani over DCGen; it might be in the letter of the GPL to be able to flame people into giving uo source the second its altered, but its certainly against the spirit. Reaper2k2 could of course have said "will release source later" which would have kept people happy.
And yes, I am talking to you Toastman, not Phantom, here.

Would it have really killed you to let reaper get past a pre-alpha stage of development before hounding for the source? Seriously...
Warmachine wrote: The ?hit you guys were talking about, you gpls and xpl (dont know ?hit about program so tell me if one of them I said isnt real.:)). The things you guys were talking about should have been in the null section because it has nothing to do with DC Emulation & Homebrew Games Forum. So can we get the piece(s) were the subject went out of the topic in the null forum, thats why it is there.
If you don't know what you're talking about, then perhaps you ought to STFU. The use and application of GPL on open source software is *EVERYTHING* to do with DC Emulation and homebrew games because the vast majority of stuff ported to DC is originally released under a GPL licence.

The GPL is good. It helps people learn from others in a practical way, and keeps development alive. If you don't like GPL the simple answer is to write your own stuff from scratch, not use GPLd source in the first place.
Hollywood Hasney wrote:Well, some of you see him as a hero... the crybaby just deleted an entire site that wasn't his :roll:
No excuse.

Deleting your own projects because you don't want anyone else seeing changes you made and dont want to adhere to the (legally binding) GPL: fair enough, it is your work and you are entitled to do what you want with it.

Deleting *OTHER PEOPLES WORK* is simply not acceptable and is the height of selfish immaturity.

Its also cause for a ban.

So even if reaper does cool down and want to be able to post again, he can't as I have now banned his account. If any of you want to bitch about that, you bitch *AT ME* by *PM*. Don't go making new topics about this; it is simply unacceptable to delete an entire directory of an FTP that
a) isn't your FTP to delete
b) isn't your work to delete

Nothing left to say on the subject.....

TOPIC CLOSED