E3

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AgentGreen »

Once again I'll probably only get ninty's console this gen. All the games I definitley want to play are Nintendo franchises anyways. The only reason I'd get a PS3 is for the prospect of upcoming Final Fantasy games and maybe GTA games. But seeing as GTA games usually end up getting a PC port, I'm not paying +400 bucks for something I'll only use for a small handful of games. It'd be like getting a 360 just for that awesome upcoming zombie beat-em-up (can't remember the name). The FF Franchise seemed to go downhill, save FF9, since 8 in my opinion anyway.

I'm not going to shout "thievery" over the wireless tilt controllers, but I knew they were going to use the same old controller shape once I heard the boomerang was scrapped.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

god if that wasnt a desperate attempt to one-up nintendo i dont know what is
british sony guy wrote: and it works WITH NO EXTERNAL SENSORS AT ALL
i mean come on WTF

as for the warhawk demo, to me it looked like the guy playing had about 0 controll of where the hell he was aiming at, he was just able to do a few fly-bys without serious aiming or anything....

and 599 for the fill package, LMAO, if rumours are right about MS' price drop to 220 and 300, they will be launching at twice the price as the direct competition, not to mention nintendo with a plausible sub 200 launch price

back to the controller for a minute, the dual shock was reason enough for me not to pick up a ps2 on a whim, and now they have gone with it for the Ps3, even if they launched the machine at 100 bucks i wouldnt buy one for myself
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:
BlackAura wrote:In terms of the number of developers, and types of games being developed, it seems indistinguishable from the Xbox 360.
Unless you are an RPG fan, that is. And in two years, I'll bet the gap between the developed games will be huge in Sony's favor. Of course, in two years the system will be a few hundred dollars cheaper too.
And thats the exact reason I will still end up getting one. There is very little exciting about the PS3 at the moment, and I refuse to pay that much. But further down the line it will be a Japanese RPG haven, and thats exactly what I want.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Not to bash on Sony more, but this whole 'two packages' thing is going to be pretty hard on their sales as well. Unlike Microsoft's packages, most people will opt for the cheaper one this time around. And you know that, similar to Microsoft, Sony is going to have the majority of their systems on the shelves be the 'premium' one. So basically, I'm willing to guess that most retailers will only stock the package that most people are not going to want. Sony should have just kept the 20 gig hard drive (why would you need a 60 gig anyway?) and all the little extras and just marketed one package at $500.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

w00t, nintendo conference should start any minute now!
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Ugh... could that be any nerdier? Conducting with the wiimote...
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

ASCIIN wrote:lol its common knowledge that the ps2 had the best library of game between the 3 dont be such a fanboy :roll:

from what i heard they actually started to make a profit on ps2 sales last year
lol that's right no one is allowed a different opinion :roll:
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

crappy gamespot obviously underestimated the viewing audience, i got about 5 minutes of stream and now its pretty much unwatcheable, audio works, but the image is 1 frame every 5 secs
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Ugh i had a good stream and hit enter by mistake. Now im in the same boat, drfreeze.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

ASCIIN wrote:
lol its common knowledge that the ps2 had the best library of game between the 3 dont be such a fanboy :roll:

<sarcasm>Yes because I don't have a huge pile of ps2 games on my floor along with my Gamecube games....</sarcasm>

Sure there are some good games for the ps2, just like any other console, but just walk into Gamestop and look around and you'll see so much utter crap sitting on the shelves for $10.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Damnit... frickin 2 versions of Zelda-- I preordered the GC one about a year ago, and now I want the Wii version... blahhh... i hope they'll let me switch -_-
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

YOSHI'S ISLAND 2!!!!!!!

Another great year to own a DS!
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Dude, that contest winner was soooo unexcited. That contest had to have been rigged. He acted as if he knew exactly what to do.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

The release of the PlayStation 3 will be an opportunity to test the popular theory that Japanese gamers shunned the original Xbox because of it's size...
isd_glory from Slashdot wrote:Another "feature" not mentioned is that is is apparently larger and heavier than the old Xbox.

PS3 from the press release:
Approximately 325mm (W) x 98mm (H) x 274mm (D)
Approximately 5 kg

The original Xbox
Dimensions: 320 ? 100 ? 260 milimeters (12.5 ? 4 ? 10.5 in)
Weight: 3.86 kilograms (8.5 lb)
Also, see below:

Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

And it's over. As I predicted, there wasn't really anything too spectacular shown. I missed the whole Zelda thing, though. I finally got a feed about the time they started talking about the DS.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Humpin' Hasney wrote:
melancholy wrote:YOSHI'S ISLAND 2!!!!!!!

Another great year to own a DS!
ISLAND?!?!? I thought that said touch and Go!
Nope, Island. Now you understand my excitement.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Yeah, there was some good stuff on show, but nothing amazingly amazing. The amazing thing about Wii though is all going to be in the game playing, movies aren't going to distinguish the differences.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

butters wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:
lol its common knowledge that the ps2 had the best library of game between the 3 dont be such a fanboy :roll:

<sarcasm>Yes because I don't have a huge pile of ps2 games on my floor along with my Gamecube games....</sarcasm>

Sure there are some good games for the ps2, just like any other console, but just walk into Gamestop and look around and you'll see so much utter crap sitting on the shelves for $10.
yeah most are gamecube games :roll:
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

ASCIIN wrote:
butters wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:

Wrong.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Cyphix wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:
butters wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:

Wrong.
Seriously. Walk the racks and you will see endless ps2 games from 1.99-9.99. Try that on the gamecube rack and you might get some multi platform sports titles, but otherwise, not really.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head