Finally... Under Defeat!!!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Juan »

Yeah, some of the best graphics I've ever seen in a shooter. And it's really fun to play.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cid Highwind »

YES, it finally arrived :D

The poster is cool, the sticker is nice and the soundtrack rocks. The game is a blast to play, it is all I have wished for. The graphics are just like I expected from seeing the videos, they are really impressive, I haven't seen these kind explosions and smoke effects on DC before.

I really like the 'blow up everything to survive' attitude of this game. Sometimes I felt like I was missing out on a lot of good stuff with Ikaruga simply because you had to switch from colour every time to get good scores, this game doesn't require it. Other things I liked a lot are the unlockables, the score tables (because they have seperate ones for each difficulty level), the time played counter, and the option to choose between the Arcade music and the Arranged music. It's a very complete port, the only thing missing is the option to use the analog stick to control your helicopter.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Bertrude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bertrude »

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. :cry:

Is anyone still waiting too.
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Got it in today as well. A-W-E-S-O-M-E :drooly:
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Played it well over 5 hours today, finished the game on easy, the final boss is one pain in the rear untill you know what to do. Almost finished the game on hard in one go, is there a difference between easy and hard?

To be honest I expected the game to be longer, but I'm no die hard shooter fan so I don't know what the average length of such a game should be. I'm really glad a 2 players mode has been included to extend the game's life a bit :)

Any advice on people who are going to play this game: Make good use of your bombs, DO NOT save them for later, use them when in a nasty situation because if you die, you will start with 3 new ones anyway. And personally I like the reverse controle mode a bit better because it alles you to dodge to the right while shooting to the left without the need to quickly tap right for aiming, it makes it easier to dodge and hit the enemy at the same time, go ahead and try both modes and see what you think is best :)

My blog
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Does anyone have any idea what the Rank Offset setting does in the Practice menu?

You can adjust it from -10 to +10 but I couldn't notice a difference between the two extremes.

My blog
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

Cid Highwind wrote:Does anyone have any idea what the Rank Offset setting does in the Practice menu?

You can adjust it from -10 to +10 but I couldn't notice a difference between the two extremes.
Did you check the scores or the ranking afterwards?

I have the game but don't play it much,... too hard,... I just got it to show I love SEGA,...
Sora Aoi, DoB : Nov. 11/83
Three #s : B35 [F Cup]-W23-H33
Ht : 5"1', Wt : She Ain't Telling
Eyes : Brwn, Hair : Brwn
Natural Bust : Disputed, Blood Type : B
Sexual Orientation : Heterosexual, Stage Names : Sola Aoi
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I checked the scores, and to my surprise they were exactly the same. Don't ask me how I pulled that one off :P

The game isn't that very hard once you get to understand the patterns and know what powerups to use. 1-1 and 1-2 are considered training levels by now, if I die in 1-1 I'll start all over again. Just make good use of the bombs to protect yourself and you will make progress. It had me swearing for the first 2 hours as well :P

My blog
kellog7
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by kellog7 »

Anyone know what the "Control Rotation" option in the menu does? I've set it to on and off but can't see any difference
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I think it has something to do when you switch the viewing modes. When setting your viewing mode to 'fullscreen' meaning you go from left to right while Control Rotation is on will affect how your Dpad works. Try it and you'll see.

My blog