N.J. Eatery Writes 'Jew Couple' on Check

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mikozero »

Butters wrote:
mikozero wrote:and quite honestly your point makes the US constitution sound like a very weak document if that is truly the case.
The point was if I own a business, and you come in there, and I don't like how you look, I can kick you out and there's nothing you can do about it. If you stay, I call the cops and you get charged with trespassing.

Your rights only extend to public areas. The whole point of freedom of speech is to be able to criticize the government in public without fear of being executed. Weak constitution, pff, we invented the whole idea of a written constitution!
not in this country, firstly my rights (such as they are) can only be added to, none cab be removed due to circumstance,
you (as proprietor) can add to them but you cannot take any away.

you can refuse entry on various grounds as laid down by law but you are not lord of all you survey, neither can you 'kick' someone out without due cause, to do so (involving physical contact) would make you (or the persons acting on your behest) guilty of assault.

you could phone the police if you wanted to but they might not be too happy as there is basically no trespass (as you understand it) under Scots law and you could only have me charged (under the nearest equivalent) if i was doing damage...

no trespass law (as you understand it) exists because all land 'ownership' is derived from the illegal sale (and subsequent re-sale) of land 'held in trust' by the clan chiefs on behalf of the people resident on it. in short all the land belongs to all the people. 'sale' of land here is about the transfer of trust.

don't transpose your own system onto others then poke them for living somewhere else.

you may have the oldest constitution still in use, but it is based on many historical documents which predate it, most of which i know your taught about in school (like Magna Carta, which btw you have a national monument to because of this reason).
the great experiment has only run 200 years, come back after 10,000 and you pfff at me all you wish.
Last edited by mikozero on Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:43 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

mikozero wrote:come back after 10,000 and you pfff at me all you wish.
Seeing as how you don't own land I say he can pff you whenever he want.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

pfff :P
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

Really? Please show us some kind of official statistic from a reliable source.

The Income

The 1990 National Jewish Population Study found that the median (50% are above and 50% are below this point) income of American Jewish families with two children is $75-80,000 a year.
http://judaism.about.com/library/2_amer ... living.htm
In any case, your post is wrong in many spots. We'd have to see how many families in USA earn 120k+ dollars a year, then see what percentage of those families are jewish. Then we should have to do the same thing with catholics, muslims, etc and see which religious group has the biggest percentage of the richest people.
If this shows that what you say is true, it would still have no value. Just focusing on the wealthiest families is completely biased and worthless as a statistic measure of how "wealthy" the jewish community is. Concentrating on the few people that earn hundreds of thousands of dollars a year has never been an accurate way of depicting the purchasing power of a group of people, jewish or not. What you really should be looking for is the average earnings per year of the whole community.
You obviously don't understand how to make a good comparison, if we used percentages of population who accounted for people who made 120k plus a year then that would be more innacurat as Jewish people only account for less than 1% of the population.

The statistic that Jewish people make 120k a year with two kids shows that Jewish people after having settled in have an average income 3x that of the rest of the country. We Jews in the United States are far wealthier than the rest of the population, its a matter of fact.

BTW

I think the most appropiate term when refering to Jewish people might be Jewry, I don't know. However I do not consider Jew, pejorative.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Jewry is a Jewish distric, or Jewish people collectively.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

jew
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Don't jew him!
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

Stop Jewing me.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

IiLuSiv wrote:We Jews in the United States are far wealthier than the rest of the population, its a matter of fact.
Isn't it also fact that a lot of Jews are also in high positions of the society (think of entertainment, science, etc.) ? That'd explain why they are wealthier.

In my point of view it's not that a 'simple' worker shouldn't earn a similar money than people in high positions, but it's just not in question currently.

I had a school project where focus was set on education and I choose 'Jewish life in K?ln (Cologne)'. During my research I learned that in (conservative) Jewish life there's a very high focus set on education. Parents take care of the education at a very early stage of the child's life. I think that's got a lot to do with why Jews are represented in higher positions that much and that'd also explain why their income is above average.
Insane homebrew collector.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Christuserloeser wrote:
IiLuSiv wrote:We Jews in the United States are far wealthier than the rest of the population, its a matter of fact.
Isn't it also fact that a lot of Jews are also in high positions of the society (think of entertainment, science, etc.) ? That'd explain why they are wealthier.

In my point of view it's not that a 'simple' worker shouldn't earn a similar money than people in high positions, but it's just not in question currently.

I had a school project where focus was set on education and I choose 'Jewish life in K?ln (Cologne)'. During my research I learned that in (conservative) Jewish life there's a very high focus set on education. Parents take care of the education at a very early stage of the child's life. I think that's got a lot to do with why Jews are represented in higher positions that much and that'd also explain why their income is above average.
Nice bump
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

It is more a combination of group chesion, wealth and political backing, as asian americans are not nearly as represented in high positions as Jewish americans yet have the same focus on education.

Jews are very political active individuals and very organized, clinging together in their synagogues and group programs. Many rising to positions of wealth from the earlier generations the younger generations have a step into government and many things from their parent's wealth, as you can see in this country, wealth is more imporant than votes honestly.

While it matters for a candidate to win votes, all of our candidates seem to be very wealthy much of time which means they get the media support because the media is ran by wealthy individuals, and many of them are Jewish. Thus Jewish people have a very sharp advantage in the US arena.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Another hypothesis...

---

"I must explain to you something that is firmly established in evolutive psychology and psychanalisys: when a child suffers so early an intense trauma, such as circumcision, this causes very noticeable fixations, which make him predisposed to personality regressions of a very pathological kind. Despite of that, when ego is constitutionally strong, another part reacts against that traumatic situation and manages to reach a compensating, sometimes hypertrophic, developement of other functions, to make up for the damage suffered. It is likely that we jews, with that mechanism, have to develop more widely, and in an early age, our intellectual functions, to adapt and overcome permanent situations of danger, and external and internal persecutions. We had, as children, to dissociate the image of our progenitors in good, protective parents and evil, circumcising, persecuting parents. And we had to do it since the earliest months of our lives. Afterwards, to preserve our internal image of the good, jewish parents, we had to intensify our 'intellectual capacity' to expell the image of the circumcising parents and project it on the external environment, which became anti-semitical. This, even if it forced us to become 'more intelligent' than the christians, by no means made us healthier. On the contrary, it is consensus among psychiatrists and psychanalists that jews are more predisposed to suffer from neuroses than the christians. It is not gratuitous that Freud and most of his early disciples had been jews."

Dr. Mois?s Tractemberg, "The Psychanalisys of Circumcision"
. . whispered
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Stormwatch wrote:Another hypothesis...

---

"I must explain to you something that is firmly established in evolutive psychology and psychanalisys: when a child suffers so early an intense trauma, such as circumcision, this causes very noticeable fixations, which make him predisposed to personality regressions of a very pathological kind. Despite of that, when ego is constitutionally strong, another part reacts against that traumatic situation and manages to reach a compensating, sometimes hypertrophic, developement of other functions, to make up for the damage suffered. It is likely that we jews, with that mechanism, have to develop more widely, and in an early age, our intellectual functions, to adapt and overcome permanent situations of danger, and external and internal persecutions. We had, as children, to dissociate the image of our progenitors in good, protective parents and evil, circumcising, persecuting parents. And we had to do it since the earliest months of our lives. Afterwards, to preserve our internal image of the good, jewish parents, we had to intensify our 'intellectual capacity' to expell the image of the circumcising parents and project it on the external environment, which became anti-semitical. This, even if it forced us to become 'more intelligent' than the christians, by no means made us healthier. On the contrary, it is consensus among psychiatrists and psychanalists that jews are more predisposed to suffer from neuroses than the christians. It is not gratuitous that Freud and most of his early disciples had been jews."

Dr. Mois?s Tractemberg, "The Psychanalisys of Circumcision"
Sounds like horse**** to me.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

I don't buy all this "circumcision makes people insecure" bull. I know a lot of secure circumsized people and a lot of very insecure uncircumsized people. I'm against circumcision but mainly because there's no major medical need for it, not even in most cases of phimosis. But you seriously need to drop this circumcision obsession. I'm sure that a ritual that happened when this guy was very young has nothing to do with them writing "Jew Couple" on the check.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

AgentGreen wrote:I don't buy all this "circumcision makes people insecure" bull. I know a lot of secure circumsized people and a lot of very insecure uncircumsized people. I'm against circumcision but mainly because there's no major medical need for it, not even in most cases of phimosis. But you seriously need to drop this circumcision obsession. I'm sure that a ritual that happened when this guy was very young has nothing to do with them writing "Jew Couple" on the check.
I think he just secretly loves the penis.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Lartrak wrote:Sounds like horse**** to me.
Oh, and
Roofus wrote:Nice bump
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

AgentGreen wrote:I'm sure that a ritual that happened when this guy was very young has nothing to do with them writing "Jew Couple" on the check.
Well, duh. :P The excerpt I've quoted was not related to the main topic, but to the discussion about stereotypes about jews (see previous page).
. . whispered
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Stormwatch wrote:
AgentGreen wrote:I'm sure that a ritual that happened when this guy was very young has nothing to do with them writing "Jew Couple" on the check.
Well, duh. :P The excerpt I've quoted was not related to the main topic, but to the discussion about stereotypes about jews (see previous page).
The quoted theory above reminds me of the theory that Japanese soldiers in WWII commited war crimes because they had lots of repressed anger about the way they were toilet trained.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

That's very silly. However, it makes sense to say that they projected on the foreigners the repressed anger they should have rightfully felt toward the opressive government and culture they were compelled to obey...

And it somehow starts sounding very similar. It is said that jews are rather closed, not mixing with the society around them. The japanese are frequently regarded as a very xenophobic people. Hmm...
. . whispered