Gameboy Micro

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Number Six »

Here's a close-up:

DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i would be tempted, it would be cool if it has a keychain
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

even if it doesnt come as a keychain, they should have the loopey things on them like whats used for the strap on the ds. just make use of that somehow.

anywho, looks great. love the size.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

i can't fucking wait
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

DrFreeze wrote:yeah, i kind of like to know how long this thing runs on a single charge
10 hours......saw it on CNBC.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

4 GBA Micros + 512 Flash Cart w/ Mario Kart Super Circuit + 4 players link cable = Heaven in the pocket.

PocketNES allows multiplayer with the link cable. Another sweetness. )()(
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Random_Troll wrote:
OldSkoolGamer wrote:It looks cool, but I found one thing odd. One of the main selling points of the GBASP and the DS has been the folding of the unit to protect the screen. I imagine that third party companies will make small clip-on screen protection devices (like they did with the original GBA), but those aren't always convenient. I'll stick with my SP.
Why? The gb to gba screens are indestructable.
I'm pretty sure that IGN stated that there will be additional faceplates for sail. So I'm assuming the plate will come with the built in "lense." So don't worry too much about the screen. On one site I saw a micro with a pink faceplate.

And like someone said b4, when this comes out, the SP will drop in price too. Man, how much does the original GBA go for now? can't be that much.

I want this too. Imagine how funny this would look with an old GB cart in it.

Gameboy Micro + Tetris DX = Heaven in a pocket.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

more proof on faceplates.

ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

this whole idea is pretty lame, wow a SMALLER GBA, how exciting :roll:
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Yes yes face plates are being made I dont care. I've dragged my gba across gravel. Sure its got some scrapes on the screen but it still works fine.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

About the worst my GBA SP has endured is being flung across a room. I have a carry case for it with a strap on it, and the GBA was in it, but it wasn't zipped up. My brother picked it up, swung it around, and out flew the GBA. It made a loud noise when it hit (tiled floor, on top of concrete), and I think it even damaged the tile it fell on, but it didn't take any damage at all. Still works perfectly, and aside from some minor scratches on the top (thanks to being shoved in a backpack with a load of papers, pens, and abrasive materials) it's sustained no damage at all.

I think this might indicate where Nintendo want the GBA to go in the future. They aren't going to be replacing it any time soon, but I don't see any reason for them to stop issuing new versions of it. Current technology allows them to make it smaller, quite possibly better (compare the SP's screen with the original GBA), and it's probably cheaper to manufacture too. If they can translate that into a lower selling price as well, they could be on to something - cheap, long-life, and more portable than any other games system has ever been.

I'm perfectly happy with my SP (although I have occasionally wished it was smaller and lighter), so the main thing that interests me here - Nintendo are not dropping the GBA. Far from it. Even though the DS has been released, here they are, releasing a new model GBA.

To the people complaining about it - why? If you don't have / want a GBA, this means nothing to you, so you can shut up. It doesn't replace the GBA or the SP, there's no reason to rush out any buy a new one (unless you want to, of course). It's simply smaller, and built with better / more modern technology. I don't think I heard anyone complain when Sony released the PSOne or PSTwo, which were shrunken versions of the original systems, nor did I hear anyone complain when Sony said they planned to re-issue the PSP at a later date using more up-to-date manufacturing technology (potentially making it smaller, better, more battery efficient, or whatever). So why complain when Nintendo does the same thing with the GBA?
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Re-releasing hardware once is cool. Re-releasing hardware 6 times is not cool. (gba,sp,movie player,ds,micro, nes sp)
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Sigh...

The DS is not a GBA any more than a GBA is a GB.

The Movie Player is not a GBA.

The NES SP is (shock) a GBA SP, but with a different colour. If you're going to complain about that, why not complain that you can get a red one, a silver one, a black one, a purple one, a blue one, an orange one...

That makes a grand total of 3 GBA revisions - the GBA, the SP, and the Micro. Nobody is forcing you to buy any of them, every single GBA game works on all of them, and just about every single peripheral works on all of them. What's the problem?
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

You forgot gameboy player.

The DS STILL was marketed as *new portable hardware by nintendo*
the classic NES was marketed to people *who already had SPs*

exclusing the nes, that's still 5 gba revisions (ds,gba,gbasp,micro,gameboy player).
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

The DS STILL was marketed as *new portable hardware by nintendo*
And it's still not a GBA. It's a DS. It just happens to be able to play GBA games too, so you could replace a GBA with it without loosing anything. Does that mean that the PS2 is really a PS1, or that the MegaDrive is really a Master System? No.

The DS is Nintendo's higher-end portable. The GBA is now their lower-end one. Their higher-end system just happens to be able to run the same games as the lower-end one. The DS isn't even a replacement for a GBA (note, for example, that some GBA hardware won't work on a GBA, such as link cables), and was never intended to be one.

And yes, I forgot the Gameboy Player, but I wouldn't consider that a GBA any more than I'd consider the Super Gameboy a Gameboy. It's an adaptor for a Gamecube that allows you to play GBA games.
lynx44
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lynx44 »

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I love how a lot of people on this thread are saying "Don't buy it if you don't like it. Nintendo is smart!" Yet I know if Sony were to do something like this (say, make another version of the PS2) the majority of these same people would critisize it and talk about how greedy and evil Sony is.

Again, I like it (and may even buy it when its cheap, since I only have the original GBA), but I am kind of annoyed at Nintendo's business schemes. They honestly are the kings of remarketing the same product over and over again.

-Matt
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Yet I know if Sony were to do something like this (say, make another version of the PS2) the majority of these same people would criticise it and talk about how greedy and evil Sony is.
Actually, no.

Have you ever heard anyone complain about the PSTwo? I haven't. Anywhere. Nor did I hear anyone complain about the PSOne. However, when the SP was announced, loads of people were complaining about it. Why? It's absolutely no bloody different.

When the PSTwo was released, I did see a few comments to the effect that it wasn't very well done, and has some serious problems (like overheating, shoddy manufacturing quality, and so on). Understandably so - it wasn't very well done. Certainly not as well done as the PSOne was. But nobody complained about the idea.

But every single time Nintendo comes out with a revision of some of their hardware, loads of people (most of whom do not own any Nintendo hardware anyway) come out of the woodwork and start whining and moaning about it.
lynx44
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lynx44 »

Yeah, because the PSTwo is one revision. I never heard people complaining about the SP, but even if they did, I'm sure its still a reaction to the fact that Nintendo is known for doing this sort of thing with their GB line. I'm sure that if Sony made 3 revisions of the PS2, people would flame it to hell.

-Matt
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I never heard people complaining about the SP
Yep. A lot.
I'm sure its still a reaction to the fact that Nintendo is known for doing this sort of thing with their GB line.
What the? If you're talking about the GBC, bear in mind that it was released something like 8 years after the Gameboy, and a long time after Gameboy sales had died down.
I'm sure that if Sony made 3 revisions of the PS2, people would flame it to hell.
And I'm sure you're wrong. Why would anyone object to Sony doing another PS2 redesign? It's not like it'd be incompatible with the previous designs, or with previous hardware.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Can you really blame Nintendo? I mean, the GBA has been so popular, making much more money than the GameCube has, so of course they're going to make more of what sells. The portable market has always been their domain. The Micro is going to sell like hotcakes. No doubt about it. I think it's because of the GBA that Nintendo is still able to compete in the home console arena. Without it, they'd be in serious trouble.