Is driving hard?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skynet »

16 is the age you can get your learners permit. Having your Ls means you can only drive with a fully licensed driver. And must have big L plates on your front/rear windsheilds (or on the bumpers).

16.5 you can go for your Ps. This basically gives you the ability to drive around (pretty much) unrestricted. The limitations are, however, you can't do more than 100kms/hr, you cannot have any alcohol in your blood stream and again, like on your Ls, must have a big P plate on the front and rear. You have to stay on these for 2 years iirc. I got mine this year and won't be off them till 2006 :? It's not necessary to drive with a fully licensed driver at this stage.

After 2 years of being on Ps you can be a fully licensed driver. I think there were exceptions like you had to be 19 first, that's if you got your Ps at 16.5 or something like that. As I said, I'm on mine for 2 years. Which sucks because I'll be 22 (going on 23) :evil: I'm very lazy :lol:

There's talk of making it harder for young people to get their license (ie. more tests - currently it's 1 for Ls, 1 for Ps). There are too many P plate related accidents on the roads because the hoons driving around in the cars always lose control of them from excessive speed/acting like a twat.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

In the UK, you have to be 16 an a half before you can get your provisional licence.

You gotta be 17 before your allowed behind the wheel though.
Also here you gotta do a theory test before you can take your practical test.

And I prefer to drive manual. I like the feeling of shifting gears, makes you feel more in control of the car. Also in the UK, most of the cars you'll buy are manual, less automatics around here.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

It's also why the F1 cars have moved to the autos.
Theres still some control, they'll get a shift light either up or down and move the paddle. Just no clutch
In the UK, you have to be 16 an a half before you can get your provisional licence.
Fudge! I'm only just about to apply for mine and im 17 in March
ted e bomber
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ted e bomber »

In Pennsylvania you can apply for your learner's permit at the age of 16. After 6 months and 50 hours of driving you can take your driver's test and get a Junior License. After 1 year of the Junior License and taking Drivers Ed and In the car driving you can apply for a Senior Licence or wait until you are 18.

I learned to drive a auto and then I got my VW Beetle running and now I love to drive stick.
"It takes an idiot to cool things, thats why its cool"

"oh no, not again"
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Same thing applies here. When your 16, you can apply for your G1 licence, and after 8 months you get your G2. Then, a year later, you recieve your final G licence. I hated the graduated licence. I wish I got my full licence when I was 16.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Hehe. I laugh at you all. :lol:
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Gmc wrote:In the UK, you have to be 16 an a half before you can get your provisional licence.

You gotta be 17 before your allowed behind the wheel though.
Also here you gotta do a theory test before you can take your practical test.

And I prefer to drive manual. I like the feeling of shifting gears, makes you feel more in control of the car. Also in the UK, most of the cars you'll buy are manual, less automatics around here.
Heh forgot people these days have to take a theory test before they get allowed near the car on a test, ah the good ol days when I passed didnt need that crap. On the subject of quota's the dsa (driving standards agency) denies it
Do examiners have pass/fail quotas?
Examiners do not have a quota for test passes or fails. If you demonstrate the standard required you will pass your test.
But then they would wouldnt they? however when an examiner spends most of the test staring out the window at the pretty clouds & sees a car all the way at the other end of the street (it was a long street) as a danger to a three point turn then that tells a differant story doesnt it
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers