'Radquake Final' and mods...

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Quzar »

You still just don't get it.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tyne »

I get what you're saying, nobody has responsibilty for this or that and we should all get along peacefully and everyone should just put on a happy face and continue being productive. Hate to break it to you, but the real world doesn't work that way. Oh and I was never being mean to Ian Micheal or speud before this at all; I was giving them suggestions to help make RADQuake even better and continue to be the best Dreamcast Quake engine.

I understand the situation and everything about it more then you do, and if you still continue to think that "I don't get it" so be it you can PM me telling me why I don't get it because I'm locking this thread due to how off-topic it's become.

[edit] Unlocked by request of Fragger and figuring that this is a good conversation anyways [/edit]
Last edited by Tyne on Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Been thanked: 0

Post by mankrip »

The situation is the following:

- I posted at IMR forums explaining that the wrong stepsize was not my fault and that this change was present since the version 4.2, with the name of Ian Micheal, in a file that I never touched. It was not about me, and it was not about him. It was a technical explanation about a technical problem in the RADQuake engine.

- He said that the files I got from his site are "fakes", and I asked how he ended up using "fake" files to build the new releases, including RADQuake final.

- He did not give an answer, and among other bad attitudes, he deleted my posts from his forum, changed my status to "last warning", and edited the last post in the topic to add the phrase "some people are just testing my patience".

- So, since he decided to treat a technical issue as a personal problem, I had no option but to post my technical explanation somewhere else where it belongs. So here we have this "RADQuake Final and mods" topic, and since the technical problem I explained about is something that affects the behaviour of the game and does affect modified games too, it belongs here.

quzar: What you are saying is mostly correct, but this is not what Tyne is complaining about. Ian Micheal always used to say that he was developing RADQuake for modders to use, but now he changed his word and is saying "I made it for normal Quake only" countless times, and he insists that RADQuake Final is a reliable port of WinQuake, which is not true. Ian Micheal is telling many lies about the whole project, and in an attempt to support his lies he blames other developers for the problems in his port.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Fragger wrote:quzar: What you are saying is mostly correct, but this is not what Tyne is complaining about. Ian Micheal always used to say that he was developing RADQuake for modders to use, but now he changed his word and is saying "I made it for normal Quake only" countless times, and he insists that RADQuake Final is a reliable port of WinQuake, which is not true. Ian Micheal is telling many lies about the whole project, and in an attempt to support his lies he blames other developers for the problems in his port.
Although its an old addage and rather generic, it always seems to be true... two wrongs don't make a right.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Nevermind. I don't want to get involved in this.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I would reccomend that you split this conversation and take the flames/arguements/off topic conversation, and send it to the depths of Null.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Sure, when I return from work today I'll do that since I have to leave in 5 minutes =p
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

hey, hey, hey ! what's happening here ?

lets forget who is the fault and talking about a new and better version for mods !

this is the cool :rumpshaker:
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

lets forget who is the fault and talking about a new and better version for mods !
Agreed. If anyone wants to talk about RADQuake then just open a new topic, this one will be closed now.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube