What has Bush done that is good?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by weeperofsouls »

its just a doublestandard. ironic especially since nukes have only really been used on a large scale by the US in ww2.
ragnarok2040
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by ragnarok2040 »

I thought those were proven to be weapons from the first Iraqi war. AFAIK, they haven't found anything recently developed in Iraq.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Roofus wrote:
hearld500 wrote:-Supported the morals of this country.
Christian morals != "the morals of this country." Indeed, only 56% of the country is Protestant (the sect the generic term "Christian" is most often applied to.) 56% is the majority, but 44% is an awfully big minority to simply ignore.
hearld500 wrote:-Removed a murderous dictator the is known to have WMD
Saddam was indeed a murderous dictator, but it has pretty well been proven that he didn't have the weapons. Do you just mae up your mind about what you think the world is/should be and simply ignore everything that contradicts it? I mean, even Fox news admitted there were no WMDs.
hearld500 wrote:-Boosted the economy to better then it ever was when clinton was in office
There's the statement that makes me think my above conjecture is true. Here's some graphs (because I like graphs.)

Dow Jones data 1990-99

Dow Jones data 2000-present

GDP growth by quarter, 1997-present

P.S. The highest points ('97 Q4 and '99 Q4), Clinton was in. :wink:
Where did you come up with the 56% Christian?

Yes, he did have WMD, you've said it yourself. We sold them to him.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

ragnarok2040 wrote:I thought those were proven to be weapons from the first Iraqi war. AFAIK, they haven't found anything recently developed in Iraq.
Yes, they weren't developed by Saddam (we believe), but they were still supposed to be destroyed after 91, and he still claimed he didn't have them.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

74% of the country, according to your statistics, are Christian - not 84%. And not all Christians are against abortion or equal rights for gays.
There are sects of Christianity here that aren't Catholic or Protestant. I would say between 80 and 85% is fairly accurate of people that describe themselves as Christian, but many of those Christians also believe in things like reincarnation...
Plus, you guys have that bit in your constitution to do with seperation of church and state, so the religious beliefs of the majority are completely irrelevant when it comes to lawmaking - or at least, that's the way it's supposed to work.
I guess it is open for debate, but I don't think the 1st amendment is very clear on how and why they should make laws. What exactly did they mean by establishment, I guess is the question. The Federalist papers are supposed to be more clear, but they're not actually the law and I haven't read them.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Lartrak wrote:I guess it is open for debate, but I don't think the 1st amendment is very clear on how and why they should make laws. What exactly did they mean by establishment, I guess is the question. The Federalist papers are supposed to be more clear, but they're not actually the law and I haven't read them.
I have read them and they are pretty clear:
The Federalist #69 wrote: The [President] has no particle of spiritual jurisdiction; the [King] is the supreme head and governor of the national church! What answer shall we give to those who would persuade us that things so unlike resemble each other? The same that ought to be given to those who tell us that a government, the whole power of which would be in the hands of the elective and periodical servants of the people, is an aristocracy, a monarchy, and a despotism.
The Federalist #10 wrote:The diversity in the faculties of men, from which the rights of property originate, is not less an insuperable obstacle to a uniformity of interests. The protection of these faculties is the first object of government. From the protection of different and unequal faculties of acquiring property, the possession of different degrees and kinds of property immediately results; and from the influence of these on the sentiments and views of the respective proprietors, ensues a division of the society into different interests and parties. The latent causes of faction are thus sown in the nature of man; and we see them everywhere brought into different degrees of activity, according to the different circumstances of civil society. A zeal for different opinions concerning religion, concerning government, and many other points, as well of speculation as of practice; an attachment to different leaders ambitiously contending for pre-eminence and power; or to persons of other descriptions whose fortunes have been interesting to the human passions, have, in turn, divided mankind into parties, inflamed them with mutual animosity, and rendered them much more disposed to vex and oppress each other than to co-operate for their common good.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

doesn't the us governement have a list of WMDs it sold to iraq, then at least you'll know what you're looking for.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Lartrak wrote:
74% of the country, according to your statistics, are Christian - not 84%. And not all Christians are against abortion or equal rights for gays.
There are sects of Christianity here that aren't Catholic or Protestant. I would say between 80 and 85% is fairly accurate of people that describe themselves as Christian, but many of those Christians also believe in things like reincarnation...
actually if you are christian you are either Catholic or Protestant. Protestant is a generic term used to describe all other denominations that aren't Catholic.(mormans, babtists, methodists, lutherans, etc)

and az_bont 56% protestant plus 28% catholic equals 84%. i even checked myself with my ti-83 just to make sure. do your math again.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

1LINUXuser wrote:and az_bont 56% protestant plus 28% catholic equals 84%. i even checked myself with my ti-83 just to make sure. do your math again.
:oops:
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

1LINUXuser wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
actually if you are christian you are either Catholic or Protestant. Protestant is a generic term used to describe all other denominations that aren't Catholic.(mormans, babtists, methodists, lutherans, etc)

and az_bont 56% protestant plus 28% catholic equals 84%. i even checked myself with my ti-83 just to make sure. do your math again.
"# A member of a Western Christian church whose faith and practice are founded on the principles of the Reformation, especially in the acceptance of the Bible as the sole source of revelation, in justification by faith alone, and in the universal priesthood of all the believers.
# A member of a Western Christian church adhering to the theologies of Luther, Calvin, or Zwingli.
# One of the German princes and cities that supported the doctrines of Luther and protested against the decision of the second Diet of Speyer (1529) to enforce the Edict of Worms (1521) and deny toleration to Lutherans."

Mormons don't fit into that. There are a few other weird Christian denominations that don't either.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

souLLy wrote:doesn't the us governement have a list of WMDs it sold to iraq, then at least you'll know what you're looking for.
Of corse. It also knows what the U.N. destroyed, as well as what is unaccounted for. Many other countries know this as well.