Snatcher (Single Game Emulated?) on DC

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
DaPoEd
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaPoEd »

I've uploaded an Image of my FMXDC CD.. in iso format

The version of snatcher is in Japanese.. I will look into the English version.
I'm not much of DC coder/developer, but my expertise is on MSX itself foremost. so I will take a look at the translated MSX Snatcher images to see what changed according to the orginal onces..

Do take a look at SD-Snatcher.. This is one of my all time favourites.. Same story but than in a more RPG fashion..

Sorry for the very very very very Late reply

The File:

http://nocons.dotcomgoed.nl/Naruto/FMSXDC.zip
hypershadowsam
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by hypershadowsam »

BUMP!!!!!! Could You Fix your link,DaPoEd?
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

hey......COOL!!!!! I always thought direct ports made more sense than emulators.
I'd love to play snatcher, but I have to finish playing shining force cd first. Maybe I should buy one of those segacd ram carts......naaaahhh.

good luck guys, if any of you come to my work I'll hook you up with some burgers!

peace,

Kingbuzzo.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

kingbuzzo wrote:hey......COOL!!!!! I always thought direct ports made more sense than emulators.
I'd love to play snatcher, but I have to finish playing shining force cd first. Maybe I should buy one of those segacd ram carts......naaaahhh.
I thankfully already have a SegaCD RAM cart. They rock. Anyway, emus make sense if you're trying to bring most/all the games of a system to the Dreamcast. Also, you kind of need an emulator if the game source isn't available. Porting without source would be agonizing to say the least, essentially impossible. So really, emulators make a whole lot of sense.
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

aaahh......I think what we need to do is assemble an underground militant force to obtain all needed source codes. My name will be Liquid Snake, you can be Otacon!

HA!!!

Kingbuzzo.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

My codename is The Mysterious Spank, thank you very much. Plus I don't think they'd give out source even over their dead bodies.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

oh well, I have snatcher already. Anyone ever play it with the lethal enforcer gun?
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

No, but I have one. So I guess I could?
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
tryp
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Snatcher Sega CD

Post by tryp »

OK. I have an AMD-K62 350 MHz, and I have, at one time, had an emulator that would run Sega CD games at full speed. (I tested both of the Lunar games, Spider-Man, Dracula, and Snatcher.) So, theoretically, shouldn't it be fairly easy to do on the dreamcast? I'm no programmer, my knowledge ends after BASIC, and a little VB, but I mean, if it can be run at full speed on a machine that slow, than surely the DC should be able to handle it with no problems whatsoever, right? I think it was AGES I was using, although I'm not positive, I think there were three working Sega CD emulators out at the time I had this.. I need to redownload this again so I can check it out. I would just play it on my Sega CD, but somehow it burned out, so I'm down to the Genesis/32X. But yeah. I happened to run across this topic, and figured I'd let you guys know about that much anyway. Oh, and as far as DreamMSX, I'm having trouble burning it too. I burned it with Nero 6, using selfbootrck.exe to make the Nero TAO image, which worked fine for me with Mamed, DreamSNES, NesterDC, and DreamSMS, (although nester and sms don't want to save, for some reason, every time it fails, and i even deleted everything on my memory card just to see if it needed all that space. still no luck.) but yeah. as far as DreamMSX, what it does, it goes past the dreamcast screen, you see the Sega logo, and then it reboots itself, and it keeps doing this in an endless cycle till I turn off the DC or open the CD door :\
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

The thing is it ain't going to happen due to the dreamcast's ram is rather limited. I mean we don't even have a full speed (legal) genesis emu yet so what makes you think that the sega cd could be emulated on the DC?
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

SchmuckofNI wrote:The thing is it ain't going to happen due to the dreamcast's ram is rather limited. I mean we don't even have a full speed (legal) genesis emu yet so what makes you think that the sega cd could be emulated on the DC?
We don't have a full-speed illegal one either to be technical. ;)
No signature.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Not to mention two vital things:
1) It has little to do with the amount of RAM DC has. 16MB is plenty for Sega CD emulation. The problem is that for decent speed emulation you'd need a faster CPU (see 2).
2) A 350Mhz K6-2 has more integer performance than the DC, I'm afraid. It would get its butt whooped really hard on floating point, but that doesn't help us much with emulating the Sega CD.

Finally, whenever you find yourself writing a sentence that includes something like "I'm not a programmer but", you might want to check around first.
Gillian Seed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Gillian Seed »

Blast it, I can't seem to find my files for the MSX Snather English version that was released on the web a while back. Dapoed, if I e-mailed them to you, could you put an image together?
typoEDR
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by typoEDR »

Gillian Seed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Gillian Seed »

Thanks man. Now for everyone to just put the pieces together and HOPEFULLY we can make front page on the site. ;)
Gillian Seed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Gillian Seed »

DaPoEd? You still alive man?
Gillian Seed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Gillian Seed »

no response from DaPoEd yet... :(
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Gillian Seed wrote:no response from DaPoEd yet... :(
I don't think he's a frequent visitor here. His last post on these forums was 6 or 7 months ago.
Gillian Seed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Gillian Seed »

blast it all
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

The MSX Snatcher version was made in 1988(like the pc88 version).
In the MSX side, its a full 3 FDD game PLUS an EXTRA floppy just to save the game data. i dont know if the dreamcast vmu can store a 720kb disk image...

Also, the MSX Dreamcast emulators are all incomplete. but the last one has MSX screen mode 1,2,3,4,5 emulated, but SNATCHER requires the SCREEN mode 7(512 x 424(interlaced) - 512 x 212192(no interlace). the emulator tries to adapt the resolution to the same of screen 5 and its no good. also this makes A LOT of games to crash(all the ELF -fdd direct memory & video acess- etc etc etc).

My opinion is to just corretc the video emulation of MSX2 and the memory acess to the disk interface cartridge and the game will be fully playable. the yamaha 2413(the MSX FM-PAC) emulation is THE best i ever seen(the pc emulatiors could not beat it) and could be used in master system/sega mark 3 emulation(they are the same). The new CZ80 could be used in the MSX emulation to gain speed(most msx games suffers from huge slowdowns because of incorrect video emulation).

If you have some more questions about the msx, i could anwser it to you.
bye.
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
GRADIUS TRIBUTE for Dreamcast!