DC Generator

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

*blink blink* the red thing was a typo, and I took the IP.bin from Gen+.

I am not sure if it was scrambled, let me get the URL of the one I DLed from the site.

http://aleron.dl.sourceforge.net/source ... -0.34b.zip

I am not sure if it is scrambled or not. Now after this I have to retry NesterDC to see where I messed up the gun suport.....silly girlfriend wanting to shoot at things.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

http://www.dcemulation.org/dcemu-dcgenerator.htm this page has an unscrambled bin. So you know what you're working with. It also has selfboot nero and discjuggler images, but your roms will have to go on another disc.

http://consolevision.com/dreamcast/emus/genesis/ this page has a newer version of DCGenerator. I'm fairly certain that the files from consolevision are all scrambled, but I've been known to be wrong on occasion. There is also a .sbi version of the emulator there. It requires Selfboot Inducerwhich is the all-around pretty easy way to get all your emus on one disc.

And, which version of Nester DC are you using? For lightgun support, you need NesterDC7.1+b from http://www.dcemulation.org/dcemu-nesterdc.htm
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Yeah, use the version from consolevision. It is much more stable. The bin is scrambled so it shouldn't be to hard to get to boot.

I have yet to update sourceforge - I forgot all about it actually. :oops:

I'll do that today.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

The IP.BIN from Gen+ is just a standard IP.BIN, pointing to 1ST_READ.BIN, so it shouldn't be the problem.
Chr$
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Hear Hear

Post by Chr$ »

As a lurker here for a while, and a user of mame since early 1997, all I gotta say is BRAVO to the efforts of the coders for taking the time to do these wonderful things.

I stumbled onto an early mame release when I was bored at work and looking for some atari vcs ports. Whoa was I shocked at what I found.

It bugs the hell out of me to read about how the coders get crap from the warez kiddies about this emu sucks, etc. I learned 6502 and 8085a assembly, fortran 77 and a bit of C all after I taught myself BASIC in the 70's and you guys have to realize that staring at the screen for hours on end trying to make something work has rewards, but the whiners can detract from that and I dont blame Atani and some of you others from hanging it up. some of these folks don't deserve the fruits of your labor. Me, Well I work on Hardware instead now.

My stepson had this usless little dreamcast that he didn't want any more and has zilch for trade value at the game store, and I said Hmmm. . . wonder what's out there. Again, like 6 years ago when I found Mame, I now have colemDC and DCStella working within little time and only a couple of 10 cent coasters in the trash. My wife is happy that I can replace skads of hardware, wire, and cartridges with a few CD's and the DC. It sure beats playing atari vcs stuff on the PC. Hell, even the Dpad on the DC controller does a good job to stand in for the crappy colecovision controllers. I still can't play Donkey Kong worth a crap. It's like 1982 all over again.

Thank you Coders. Your work is truely appreciated.

-Chr$ (67)

For you warez kiddies, If you can't figure out my siggy, look in an ASCII book sometime.
-=DC_Zach=-
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by -=DC_Zach=- »

ACKBEL? acknowledge-bell.

........ACKBEL? acknowledge-bell.

i must be stupid. i'm thinking along the lines of a man named bell, but i still can't figure it out.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I think it goes "ding".

No, actually it's "C", isn't it?
Chr$
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Chr$ »

BlackAura, You're right. sorry no prize though! :?

CD Zach, Ding was actually Ctrl-G. At least on an APPLE ][.

I should quit as I have Dated my self quite blatently now. . . :wink:

-Chr$ (67) (or Chris C as what it was meant to mean.)
-Chr$
Atari 2600 heavy sixer, 400, 7800, DC, C64.