NDC7.1+

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Darkfalz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Darkfalz »

Finally a use for my lightguns other than the very few DC titles which support it!

Could someone list all the Zapper games? So I know what ROMs to get.

It's a real shame SMEG was discontinued, I really dreamed that some day I'd get to play all those cool SMS Light Phaser games with it.

You can't have everything I guess *sniff*
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

Hmmmm... SMEG heh?

Did the source ever get released for SMEG? I can have a go at adding lightgun support to that to :D

Any info on SMS lightgun games?

-W-
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

http://cgfm2.emuviews.com/old2002.htm search this page for lightgun..this guy is doing some intresting programming stuff with it.

Not sure if these are all correct.

Some games using lightgun are SMS "Gangster Town and SMS "Rescue Mission
Safari Hunt or Shooting Gallery, Missle defense 3d, Operation Wolf, Robocop 3, Wanted, Laser Ghost

Here's some other intesting stuff

A handful of 7800 games require a lightgun that is kind of hard to find. Reliable sources also tell me it's kind of crummyThe Sega Master System had a comfortable Pad and a lightgun, both of which are readily available.
Both the Sega Pad and lightgun are easily adapted to the 7800.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Great release. Thanks Warmtoe :D
BigJohn8411
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by BigJohn8411 »

my pelican light gun doesn't work :(

if you could please fix it warmtoe, i would be very appreciative....

it doesn't detect it when nesterdc starts up....it only detects my dc controller.... :(

please fix!
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

Warmtoe wrote:Hmmmm... SMEG heh?

Did the source ever get released for SMEG? I can have a go at adding lightgun support to that to :D

Any info on SMS lightgun games?

-W-
Gangster Town on SMS kicks ass. Great release on light gun support Warmtoe
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Warmtoe send Heliophobe a PM (he reads the forum quite regularly) about seeing if he would be interested in having you add the ability to use a lightgun with Smeg (He's a very decent guy and the answer would probably be a positive one ;))
BigJohn8411
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by BigJohn8411 »

not to sound like a moderator, or a pest or to be rude or anything but could we please get back on topic? this is about nes, not sms.....

Warmtoe, I really love the fact that you have made duck hunt playable again! Although I have not seen it or played it with my own eyes, I still believe that it is awesome! I thank you for all your hard work so far, but I'm afraid my lightgun doesn't work with NesterDC (it doesn't detect it, i turn on the dc with the lightgun in port A, and it only detects my controller in port B when it gets to the controller screen)

i have a pelican lightgun, and im positively sure i burned everything correctly......

please fix this so i can relive the good old days of shooting ducks on tv!

i would really appreciate it!
Klops_13
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Klops_13 »

bless warmtoe :mrgreen:
Darkfalz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Darkfalz »

Just a quick question, can I run this entirely via coders cable? I mean including uploading a ROM. I don't want to waste a blank until it's somewhat final.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

I don't want to waste a blank until it's somewhat final.
If you don't want to use a blank CD just boot it with Demo Menu of DC Hakker.
G.o.P.
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

help with burning?

Post by G.o.P. »

Ok... so, I'm pretty slow... I tried to burn it and it doesnt work buit I probably did it wrong. So I have my nesterdc.bin (/w light gun thanx warmtoe :D ) and I have all my light gun roms, but now what. I renambed the file to 1st_read.bin and burned it like a normal nester. But alas she didnt work. Any help is much appreciated.
Kilokahn
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Kilokahn »

Nothing seems to be working for me on Nester with my gun but it plays normal DC shooting games pretty well.

I have an Interact Starfire Lightblaster. What happens is when I start a game, it auto goes into the game and I am not even getting noticed that I am firing at all. The normal DC games notice I'm firing just fine and aim really well.

If you want to beta test with my gun type, that's kewl. It is a pretty standard gun and in a few days I should have my Broadband Adapter too... I'm glad because it took me 4 CD's to get this to load properly.

Later Days,

Chris
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

BigJohn8411 wrote:could we please get back on topic? this is about nes, not sms.....
A lot of topics in the DC emu boards go off topic, deal with it. Since the idea of making SMEG lightgun supported was brought up in this topic, they'll continue to talk about it in this topic because they don't feel like making a new topic talking about it.
Ash213
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Some feedback

Post by Ash213 »

Just had to make a name here so I could leave a little feedback for ya.
First off, let me say that I think it is great that you added this feature.
However, I can't use my gun with it. It doesn't pick up on it, only on the DC Controlls I have, not the gun.
I am using a Dragoncast CyberMetal gun... So add that to the list of none workin guns.
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

OK - Let's try and sort out the failing lightguns.... Anybody run Lightgun.elf from
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/warmtoe ... -7.1pb.zip - if so
send me the output - you need a coders cable (or something that can output to the console).

It beats me why all these guns fail to be recognised as guns, I have 3 and they all work (hmmmm... possibly because I got to test with them all!!!)

I'm keen to get as many guns working as possible because bloop! needs them (unless it's running in 'typing of...' mode :) )

-W-
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Warmtoe - If you convert the lightgun.elf program to print the info you want to the screen, you'd be able to get everybody who has a lightgun to run it, not just those few with a lightgun and coders cable or BBA.

Maybe the guns are giving a strange response to the device id query.
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

BlackAura wrote:Warmtoe - If you convert the lightgun.elf program to print the info you want to the screen, you'd be able to get everybody who has a lightgun to run it, not just those few with a lightgun and coders cable or BBA.

Maybe the guns are giving a strange response to the device id query.
D'OH. OK - I'll look at it.

-W-
Zapp Brannigan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Hi folks,
Just wanna point out that on a real NES, the Zapper is supposed to be plugged into controller port 2...
Kilokahn
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Kilokahn »

Good point. Can the zapper be for Port 2?

Chris