SVCD/ VCD on DC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ZacMc »

Is it really hard to write that sort of thing?
Give it a try and find out ;)
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Touche.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

BaldMonk wrote:There is no real point in downloading it as unless you don't mind badly synced audio its not worth a burn, but it is an outstanding showcase of what Bero is capable of. Amazing Video quality, fantastic sound quality, its just about 10-15 seconds out of sync, but other than that..... simply amazing... I'm so excited at the idea of having a decent VCD player for the DC... pity Bero lost his source :( Maybe one day he'll start from scratch eh? *hint hint* lol
Firsty, Bero...Sounds brilliant im about to burn and see how it is. A great addition to the DC's HB scene. And people say this scene is dying...

To the post above. When I read post's like this I can't help but think you must only be here for free stuff. Personally, I like to d/l HB stuff for the DC, including every version, just to wath t grow. Follow the coders ability and talent etc. It isn't all about downloading something which works perfect, it's about seeing a first release, then watching it become more and mroe efficent until it start's getting noticeably brilliant. No offence meant by this, I just thought id say. Bero puts effort into this and you say 'Not worth a burn'...
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

I wonder if I encode a vcd 15 seconds off from the audio will it play perfect... Hmm not even sure if I can do this..
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Great Job Bero! :D
I hope you find the more recent build later. I still think it'd be worthwhile to do a new one from scratch and know that a LOT of people would appreciate your efforts. Reasons to start a new one from scratch:

1. Coolness factor of being able to play VCD's and SVCD's on Dreamcast for free!
2. Not all DVD players can play VCD's or SVCD's
3. Not all DVD player can play CD-R's therefore making it impossible to play homemade VCD's
4. Dreamcast is more portable than a DVD player and can be taken to friends houses who don't have one

If anyone else wants to add a reason go ahead. :P
Last edited by ShadowofBob on Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m1cr0s0ftd3m0n
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by m1cr0s0ftd3m0n »

i just finished watching Resident Evil (SVCD) on the dreamcast with this. and evrything was fine except for the sound, it would skip a little but the video was fine
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

perry2175 wrote:
BaldMonk wrote:There is no real point in downloading it as unless you don't mind badly synced audio its not worth a burn, but it is an outstanding showcase of what Bero is capable of. Amazing Video quality, fantastic sound quality, its just about 10-15 seconds out of sync, but other than that..... simply amazing... I'm so excited at the idea of having a decent VCD player for the DC... pity Bero lost his source :( Maybe one day he'll start from scratch eh? *hint hint* lol
Firsty, Bero...Sounds brilliant im about to burn and see how it is. A great addition to the DC's HB scene. And people say this scene is dying...

To the post above. When I read post's like this I can't help but think you must only be here for free stuff. Personally, I like to d/l HB stuff for the DC, including every version, just to wath t grow. Follow the coders ability and talent etc. It isn't all about downloading something which works perfect, it's about seeing a first release, then watching it become more and mroe efficent until it start's getting noticeably brilliant. No offence meant by this, I just thought id say. Bero puts effort into this and you say 'Not worth a burn'...
I didn't mean it quite how your sounding it out..... did you read the rest of my post? I think its amazing, but I meant to say, not worth burning if your expecting a perfect VCD player. already its better than the official DCVCD player that I forked out for, and I'd rather use this one than that. Sorry that you took offence, and sorry to Bero if he did also, I meant no kind of offence to him, as he is clearly an amazing individual. I only had one CDR I burnt this on it, and am glad I did :) Once again, great work. Sorry for ANY missunderstanding.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Shame you lost the source, Bero. Otherwise, this could end up as the best VCD player available on the DC.
Roy_Masters
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Roy_Masters »

I have one question the players of mpg, mpeg, and others format can it be together in a cd? and Can I open de case to replace with other cd about videos or other stuff? please if you know something about it...Explain me.....
Thank s for your Time....
Roy_Masters

Solo el Tiempo me Dar? las Respuestas a Todas mis Preguntas
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Roy_Masters wrote:I have one question the players of mpg, mpeg, and others format can it be together in a cd?
Yep
DC_Warrior
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by DC_Warrior »

How do I burn this on a Mac with OS X?

Thanks
Roy_Masters
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Roy_Masters »

How can I do that...And can I run the player and later chance the cd to other with movies? please explain me...I don t speak and understand english well but I must try...
Roy_Masters

Solo el Tiempo me Dar? las Respuestas a Todas mis Preguntas
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

How can I do that...And can I run the player and later chance the cd to other with movies? please explain me...I don t speak and understand english well but I must try...
To use this player:
Burn the .nrg image with Nero, or the .cdi image with DiscJuggler. Put it in your DC and wait for it to load

Now take out that disc and put in a VCD or SVCD and hit the yellow X button. Your movie will play.
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

If your burning the .cdi image make sure your using DiscJuggler 4
NightHammer
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightHammer »

BaldMonk wrote:If your burning the .cdi image make sure your using DiscJuggler 4
Yeah...I noticed nobody bothered to make a TAO image...and CDI2TAO (or atleast the version I have) doesn't like the CDI file...and I, having never found a app. without an ip.bin, have no clue how to selfboot the darn thing....

I'd LOVE to see this thing in action...that is IF I can ever get an image to burn....

Later
NightHammer
All your systems are belong to me
jeffma2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by jeffma2000 »

i download the Selfboot Inducer format
but the file is not .SBI,
it is .BIN file
i descramed it then made an sbi file
it is doesn't work
why?

ZacMc wrote:
can any upload to a mirror site?
http://homebrew.dcemulation.org/dcvcd.htm
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

NightHammer wrote:
BaldMonk wrote:If your burning the .cdi image make sure your using DiscJuggler 4
Yeah...I noticed nobody bothered to make a TAO image...and CDI2TAO (or atleast the version I have) doesn't like the CDI file...and I, having never found a app. without an ip.bin, have no clue how to selfboot the darn thing....

I'd LOVE to see this thing in action...that is IF I can ever get an image to burn....

Later
NightHammer
Try the latest release... just search for cdi2nrg on http://www.google.com and you should find the latest version somewhere.... it can convert all versions of DJ images ;)
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

BaldMonk wrote:
NightHammer wrote:

Later
NightHammer
Try the latest release... just search for cdi2nrg on http://www.google.com and you should find the latest version somewhere.... it can convert all versions of DJ images ;)
Does the latest CDI2Nero convert to TAO aswell ? Cause I think that's why he wanted CDI2TAO.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
NightHammer
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightHammer »

The one I found will do both....now...let's see if it'll do it....

Later!
NightHammer
NightHammer
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightHammer »

YAY! IT WORKED!!! If anyone needs a TAO image, get mine here. Thanks for the suggestion an update....

Now...on to talk about the app. itself.....

I LOVE it.... Seems pretty close to full...except for that big "EVALUATION VERSION" thing accross the top...but that's cool.

I think I speak for the most of us when I say that you would be are hero if you can do this again.

Hope to see more of this!!

Later!
NightHammer