Mario 64 to Come with DS, Free

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by arrowhead »

It is a skin, but it will go nicely with my NES SP. I personally think it looks pretty cool, not crappy, but opinions are like buttholes...we all have them and they all work. :D
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Dr Wily wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:GTA and Madden will save the PSP. Its only a matter of time
Its too niche a market.
And a console who's selling point is a touchpad isn't?
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

The games can appeal to everyone. When my grandmother is playing mario ds minigames, and she's 82, you know something's good.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

IMO, that Wario ware touched game is nothing more than a glorified demo;

Much like with the cube, Nintendo needs the support of more third parties for the ds.....
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

BoneyCork wrote:You dont think coloured plastic looks horribly lame? All plain colours look crap, including silver. I want cool designs and stuff, not 1-tone colour.
Nope, quite the opposite. I love colors on my consoles to make them stand out from others. If they throw in designs, all the better, but I want my consoles to be colored.

Orange_Ribbon wrote:Mel, Silly question. If the color of the system means that much to you, why don't you wait till a color you want comes out. I didn't get an SP till the NES version came out in the US.
Because luckily for me, I've been dying to have a blue DS, and Nintendo was gracious enough for their first DS color to be blue. I have a blue GBA (the glacier one, close enough), a blue GBASP, and now I will soon have a blue DS.

However, if your asking why I got the silver DS instead of waiting for a color, it's because A. I got my system at launch, and B. because I didn't know when, or if, they were ever going to release colored DS versions. Anyway, if the new DS color was some color other than blue or yellow, I wouldn't be rushing to get one.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Its tempting. But the mini GBA still looks cool
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I keep coming so close to getting a portable... but then I just know I would never play it...

*sigh*
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

arrowhead wrote:It is a skin, but it will go nicely with my NES SP. I personally think it looks pretty cool, not crappy, but opinions are like buttholes...we all have them and they all work. :D
I have a friend who has that. It looks cool on his. I briefly debated that (I love the way my NES SP looks), but I ended up deciding against getting it. I did just order a super duper $15 stylus though, from PDA Panache.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Lartrak wrote:
arrowhead wrote:It is a skin, but it will go nicely with my NES SP. I personally think it looks pretty cool, not crappy, but opinions are like buttholes...we all have them and they all work. :D
I have a friend who has that. It looks cool on his. I briefly debated that (I love the way my NES SP looks), but I ended up deciding against getting it. I did just order a super duper $15 stylus though, from PDA Panache.
So it is a well made skin? I mean it doesnt look crappy? I was worried it would look awful in person but I thought for 9 bucks it was worth the chance.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

arrowhead wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
So it is a well made skin? I mean it doesnt look crappy? I was worried it would look awful in person but I thought for 9 bucks it was worth the chance.
I didn't look at it super closely, but I've used his DS and it looked good to me. Not as good as the NES SP, but quite good.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

mattthemodder wrote:Its tempting. But the mini GBA still looks cool
Yeah. I want to get a ds but i wanna be able to play old game boy carts. Also, has nintendo confirmed if the micro will play old GB carts? I would love to play some tetris dx.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

compacho wrote:
mattthemodder wrote:Its tempting. But the mini GBA still looks cool
Yeah. I want to get a ds but i wanna be able to play old game boy carts. Also, has nintendo confirmed if the micro will play old GB carts? I would love to play some tetris dx.
Unfortunately, neither system (the DS nor the GBMicro) can play classic GameBoy carts. Part of how they managed to miniaturize the GBA for the Micro without making it exorbitantly expensive was by removing the legacy GBC circuit.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

melancholy wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:You dont think coloured plastic looks horribly lame? All plain colours look crap, including silver. I want cool designs and stuff, not 1-tone colour.
Nope, quite the opposite. I love colors on my consoles to make them stand out from others. If they throw in designs, all the better, but I want my consoles to be colored.

Orange_Ribbon wrote:Mel, Silly question. If the color of the system means that much to you, why don't you wait till a color you want comes out. I didn't get an SP till the NES version came out in the US.
Because luckily for me, I've been dying to have a blue DS, and Nintendo was gracious enough for their first DS color to be blue. I have a blue GBA (the glacier one, close enough), a blue GBASP, and now I will soon have a blue DS.

However, if your asking why I got the silver DS instead of waiting for a color, it's because A. I got my system at launch, and B. because I didn't know when, or if, they were ever going to release colored DS versions. Anyway, if the new DS color was some color other than blue or yellow, I wouldn't be rushing to get one.
Oh you knew they were. Come on. That is all nintendo does anymore. They release hardware, then they wait and release like 5 or 7 colors.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Oh wait PSP can now run MAME. 10 points to the PSP
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:
melancholy wrote:

Oh you knew they were. Come on. That is all nintendo does anymore. They release hardware, then they wait and release like 5 or 7 colors.
Okay, but the GBA sold with colors right off the bat, as did the GBASP. So when the DS didn't come with colors, and there was no word on colors, I wondered how long it was actually going to take before they released some. Besides, I planned to hold out on getting one until colors came along, but $140 of Blockbuster credit influenced my decision. So, I decided to get the DS, since I was barely paying anything for it anyway (considering most of the the credit came from stuff I had gotten for free), then when a color came along, I'd trade it in.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

mattthemodder wrote:Oh wait PSP can now run MAME. 10 points to the PSP
Only if you have a Japanese PSP.

-5 points
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Random_Troll wrote:
And a console who's selling point is a touchpad isn't?
handhelds are a different market; also the DS doesnt cost more than its console 'equivalent' does.
melancholy wrote:
mattthemodder wrote:Oh wait PSP can now run MAME. 10 points to the PSP
Only if you have a Japanese PSP.

-5 points
And only if you don't play any actual PSP games on it, because the first one you do will update the firmware automatically, and stop you using mame anymore.

-5 more points.
lynx44
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lynx44 »

Umm...no. There is possibly one game out right now, which is only sold in Japan that updates the firmware. Besides, it still asks if you want to update, it doesn't do it automatically.

Oh, and I love how this turned into another PSP vs DS thread rather than actually discussing the topic.

-Matt
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Umm...no. There is possibly one game out right now, which is only sold in Japan that updates the firmware. Besides, it still asks if you want to update, it doesn't do it automatically.
But there are games that refuse to run on the original firmware. So even if you do have firmware that can be used to run MAME or whatever, you won't be able to use that PSP to play newer games.
lynx44
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lynx44 »

Yeah, that's true. If (and I assume they will) all future games require to update the firmware, it's going to be a setback for quite some time. Eventually there will be a work-around for it though.

Although *supposedly* they have found a way to run unsigned code on firmware version 1.5, from ps2nfo.com. I'll believe it when it actually runs on my PSP, but in the mean time, there's been too many faked videos for me to believe it. They are supposedly releasing the source at midnight on the 15th.

-Matt