Ubuntu, Gentoo..

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sir Savant »

Butters wrote:I'd spend about 30 minutes at a public library and burn to cdr.
I dont have a cd burner at the library. And they dont have wifi.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

How about going to a nearby college or university and using their library? Or maybe you could go to an internet cafe if you get really desperate.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

DarkSavant0: If you really need a disc, I could probably do it for you for the cost of media + shipping.

I finally got it set up how I want. It took awhile to do it though. I partition'd my HDD, and setup WindowsXP and Ubuntu on it. I haven't really had the chance to test Ubuntu all that much though.

OFFTOPIC: Anyone have a spare PCI ethernet card they're willing to get rid of? I doubt I'll be able to find a USB driver for my SurfBoard modem.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I can just go to a college library and use their computers? Do they have cd burners? Do internet cafe's have cd burners?

Oh, I just figured out how to use my laptop at my school. By changing the proxy on my laptop, and hooking in the cord, WHAMMO! I have internet! Imo do this sometime next week.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Dark Savant0 wrote:I can just go to a college library and use their computers? Do they have cd burners? Do internet cafe's have cd burners?
College libraries usually have publicly available computers and may or may not have burners. Internet cafes will definitely have them because they will keep top of the line computers and charge an arm and a leg to use them.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Oh. Then I will see about a college around here. Maybe they have burners. If not, I will have to add my pc onto their network.