2nd Annual Dream On Contest (Results Are In)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by SiZiOUS »

Congrats to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
Has thanked: 0

Post by MetaFox »

The special prize results are now in as well. JMD couldn't decide whether to give the signed Maqiupai prize to ron or quzar, so he's decided to increase the prize to two signed Maqiupai games and give them to both coders.

He stated that he's given them to these coders due to their large contributions of ports submitted to the contest, and to ron in particular for the good he's done for the Dreamcast scene and how well he represents the Spanish Dreamcast scene.

I didn't say it before as I made the first post quickly before I went to bed, so I'll say it now - congratulations to all of the winners, and to all of the entrants in general. All of the entries were top-notch, and it was extremely hard to judge this year.

And thanks to wraggster, ETR, and JMD for donating prizes to the contest.

Thanks to all for making the second annual Dream On contest a success.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Been thanked: 0

Post by TyBO »

Big congrats to everyone who won! :D

I have a question though:

How can GPF's DOSBox port win the emulator tier if the emu hasn't even been released yet? For all we know, it could have a terrible framerate and poor compatiblity. MSXCast could very well blow DOSBoxDC out of the water.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

TyBO wrote:How can GPF's DOSBox port win the emulator tier if the emu hasn't even been released yet? For all we know, it could have a terrible framerate and poor compatiblity. MSXCast could very well blow DOSBoxDC out of the water.
Because I played it personally.

There were several programs that were submitted that haven't been released yet.

There was no requirement to release the program publically in the rules of the contest.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

MetaFox wrote:
TyBO wrote:How can GPF's DOSBox port win the emulator tier if the emu hasn't even been released yet? For all we know, it could have a terrible framerate and poor compatiblity. MSXCast could very well blow DOSBoxDC out of the water.
Because I played it personally.

There were several programs that were submitted that haven't been released yet.

There was no requirement to release the program publically in the rules of the contest.
Ah... thanks for clearing that up MetaFox. I'm glad everyone had a fair chance. :wink:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Did you decide to change it so that only non ports were to be in tier 2 or was that just coincidence?

But, awsome! congrats to GPF, LTK, JMD, and Bucanero.

and thanks to JMD for the Maqiupai copy =)
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Quzar wrote:Did you decide to change it so that only non ports were to be in tier 2 or was that just coincidence?
It was coincidence. It's neat that it worked out that way though. 8-)
rondc
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by rondc »

Thanks for calling me JMD. I'm really happy, and thx a lot for the gift.
As you know, these days i'm having a lot of troubles with my ISP, and still having problems with web access, so DCiberia will be soon up and running.

Thanks a lot JMD and Congrats to all.
Dreamcast Core Warrior
http://www.dciberia.net