New DC Accessories! (well, not quite yet, but possibly soon)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Goshikyu
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Goshikyu »

sweeet
I would definetely buy some wireless controllers and a BBA.
me?
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by me? »

if they made bba's i'd buy 2. 1 for a spare. Wireless controllers for DC would own!
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

there already is wireless dc controlers... they just r very hard 2 find
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

nevets934 wrote:there already is wireless dc controlers... they just r very hard 2 find
Worst logic EVER.

Poor, starving African children don't need food. There's food, it's just very had to find.
Midgey34
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Midgey34 »

nevets934 wrote: if they made bba's i would buy one
nevets934 wrote: there already is wireless dc controlers... they just r very hard 2 find
They already are BBAs, they're just hard to find, so aren't you contradicting yourself here? :wink:

Seriously though, BBAs would be frickening awesome. I could definately go for some controller converters as well. Wireless controllers I might hold off on because they are more likely than not be quite expensive and I'm really fine with my wired DC controllers. Now a six-button controller...MvC2 heaven!
Remember, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

there are six button controllers if you look hard enough, although the quality is not the best on some of them.
Midgey34
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Midgey34 »

Yah doesn't Treamcast have a set? If the quality isn't very good, I'd rather spend some extra money and get an arcade stick.
Remember, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Midgey34 wrote:Yah doesn't Treamcast have a set? If the quality isn't very good, I'd rather spend some extra money and get an arcade stick.
some games are hard to play on an arcade stick and it doesnt have a D-pad(or depending on the stick doesnt have an analog stick)
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

the only thing they can make is wireless controllers according to my knowledge do you think they could bring treamcast to America ?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

BILAL_XIA wrote:the only thing they can make is wireless controllers according to my knowledge do you think they could bring treamcast to America ?
Treamcast isn't legal. It takes actual SEGA-manufactured hardware (they actually took old DC's), puts it in a new case with a few extra things wired on, and--without any kind of permission from SEGA, markets it as their own product. This is why LikSang doesn't carry the Treamcast; they even contacted SEGA to see if they wouldn't mind allowing the proliferation of the product, and SEGA said no, because the thing had been manufactured illegally and without permission, using their parts.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
BILAL_XIA wrote:the only thing they can make is wireless controllers according to my knowledge do you think they could bring treamcast to America ?
Treamcast isn't legal. It takes actual SEGA-manufactured hardware (they actually took old DC's), puts it in a new case with a few extra things wired on, and--without any kind of permission from SEGA, markets it as their own product. This is why LikSang doesn't carry the Treamcast; they even contacted SEGA to see if they wouldn't mind allowing the proliferation of the product, and SEGA said no, because the thing had been manufactured illegally and without permission, using their parts.
If you bought a bunch of DCs, modded them and sold them would it be illegal? Same with them.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I think it has more to do with marketing it as a commercial product, and not giving credit or acknowledgement to (or seeking permission from) the actual manufacturer, than it does the fact that they modded it.

For example, if nVidia bought a stockpile of ATI Radeon 9800s, relabeled them and sold them as the nVidia GeForce 10k, there'd be a problem.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

A problem YES Illegal don't think so once I have something in my possesion I can do anything I want with it unless there's a law that I can't Resell this product in any form... is there a law like this one..
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

I wouldn?t put much hope on them we may get one of those weird looking pads and thats it but I doubt it maybe in a year or two if they start to profit from those wireless pads theres a possibility.
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

BILAL_XIA wrote:A problem YES Illegal don't think so once I have something in my possesion I can do anything I want with it unless there's a law that I can't Resell this product in any form... is there a law like this one..
I guessing as a one off private sale you might be ok (theres been a few modded DC's on Ebay), But Comercialy NO WAY, That's prolly why Treamcast or whoever they are cant be contacted.

If you took a load of DC's and Modded them and passed em off as your own product as what Treamcast have kinda done, and if Sega were complete bastards (eg. Sony) they could throw the book at you i think.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

i remebr seeing dual analog stick dc controler at funcoland or somethign like that pretty cool.They also had those the z+c buttons or x one of those,but probaly sega entended one of those games that requires a special copntroler to use those buttons mabye?
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

I sent them a message suggesting dc accessories. I have them a good idea of the amount of people willing to buy the products and gave them links to here and dreamcast-scene.

if you guys and keep sending then we'd have a better chance.

thanks,

Kingbuzzo.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

DCS has already sent them an email and we've even gotten our reply and we are currently running serve's for them

P.S they will not be making broad band adapters Comming soon are the sega genesis wireless controllers and depending on the profit they make and the masses of dreamcast who would like to buy wireless controllers can expect them in a minimum of 3 months which is a very early date so don't get hopes to high yet...
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

I sent a message, dunno if it'll make a difference but any hope of a wireless DC controller or 3rd party broadband adapter is nice to see
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

good