NeoGeo DC/CD SDL V8.1 update with fixes importain

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Batmantis
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Batmantis »

Are there some instructions out there on how to use this? Namely being are you supposed to run the disc and then swap for the Neo disc.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

It acts as a boot disk you burn the emulator self boot. When it boots up it will tell you to inset the cd. Open the lid put your neogeo cd game in close the lid. It auto load the game says game now loading thats it.

Acts like bleemcast does.
Dreamcast forever!!!
racketboy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by racketboy »

can't wait to try this puppy out again -- thanks Ian!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

haljordan wrote:What about raster effects? People seems to be having problems in Super Sidekicks 2/3 . If I remember, this was the problem in early neorage but it was solved later on and it might have the correct code on MAME.

Confirmed yes that these games have problems i dont think raster effects are fully emulated that could be the problem. I dont have the games to test it on the pc version ether. Bit stuck on fixing the error on that.

for now speed is 95% to 100% and i never thought it get this good it's 4 times faster then version v6.0 it had frameskip 4 and lots of underclocking to get any were near this version.

Zero frameskip and pvr dma rending speed cant get much better. Like i have said only metal slug 1 and 2 are the slowest games fullspeed in parts now.

off to bed for today enjoy good night.
Dreamcast forever!!!
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

nasty one, Ian got fixed the bugs i related in real bout special, the speed is perfect in this game too.
i have now kof95 and it's also wonderful, maybe 98% the only gfx glitch i've found is in yori's stage, there's a transparence efect bug in the ground, nothing wich diminishes enjoyment.
i'm very very impressed with this, Ian got the best emu i ever seen on dc.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah i dont have any of those games ether. Pretty close to being the best i use now. Speed is very good now Giving it more speed would start to over speed most games.

Bugs in some games your talking about i dont have to test it's a same but some how im going to ether have to buy them which i dont have the money for right now or people send them to me. And ive had many offers of this but i dont want to cost people money so i decline most times.

Im in australia.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I have a NesterDC 6.0 CD that I've played recently, seemed to have a frameskip of 1 and not 4 but had slowdown in CastleVania III (with the scrolling background on one of the stages) but I don't blame underclocking for that, I just blame slow emulation speed because it didn't emulate at fullspeed at the time for any game.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Pc version suffers slow down on a 1gig cpu. Emulation should be fullspeed on that. Metal slug games really need more thent eh 12.5mhz the neogeo cd machine had.

We have fullspeed on many games. Nes has slow down on a lot of games some shooters completely stop in points.

Emulation speed is not slow at this point i cant list a lot of games running at full frame rate now.

Slow down is due to the game asking for more then the main cpu of the machine can cope with also not optmizing the code of the game not the machine or emulator the game it's self to using under the peak limt the machine can cope with. This is common the c64, had it ,nes has it the ,dreamcast has it the ,saturn has it every machine has it arcade machine have it etc etc. Ever machine there is a game that has slow down on it.

With emulation you can fix this by over clocking it but then you get speedups. So it's a hard problem to fix.

Test the pc emulator you will see slowdown on it as well.
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Chud420
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Chud420 »

Hi, Great port Ian. Here's a bug I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned yet. Flicker effects are not working. For instance the lifebars in Samurai Showdown 4 do not display correctly, they should be constantly flickering, but 1p side stays solid and 2p side doesnt even show up. Also when you respawn in Aero Fighters 2 you should flicker, but sometimes you are solid and sometimes you are invisible. Yea but its looking good so far, can't wait for 1.0. :)
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

that is from the emulator not being exactly 100% speed. sometimes in games it may be slightly higher and sometimes slightly lower, but there is no proper timing mechanism in it yet, so sometimes frames are missed or displayed at a speed that makes them not seem to flicker the same way they should in the real thing.

you may however be using an old version because i thought most of the actual flickering bugs (there were bugs where there would be no flickering at all) were fixed.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah ive noticed this seems to be if i remove one of the compiler settings then that work but it does make 2% 3% speed so im puting up with it. I could fix it but it would drop speed quiet a bit 3% slower feels a lot. I seem to get magic builds and slower builds every time i compile it i get some thing not the same v8.0 for example aerofighters 3 works for the first time it does not work in v8.1. For example the flicker works for me in windjammers. Rangard flicker works to.

Aero fighters 2 still rocks to play finshed it a few times now. Also i noticed after the pvr rending the big bombs dont allways show the effects.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Chud420
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Chud420 »

I don't know, I just checked Windjammers in v8.1 and there is no flicker, shadows are either solid or invisible, also when you pick your dude the 1p select icon doesn't flicker, it just kinda blinks if I can even see it. I dont have Ragnagard, so I can't check that one. Also in Windjammers you can't see the menus, or the how to play screen text but that bug is also present in the pc version.

Aero Fighters 2 is great. Its seems to have a lot in common with psikyo shooters. Same guys? It would be nice to see all the effects though.

Other games I own are Samurai Showdown 2 and KOF 94. They both work great but both still a little slow. Someone said KOF 94 was full speed? I think not, more like 85-95% right now. Trust me
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

I tell you wants nice to be able to use a 24 bit system on the dreamcast at fullspeed on most games i dont claim every game is. but no game is to slow to play at all. i dont have the game. I have varying reports on it. Some people claim blue in the face your wrong and have the real machine set up side by side and claim it's the same speed right now or 5% slower on kof games. Kof newer games are faster.

Games i own are fullspeed no SFX so it's not real fullspeed yet any way. But really enjoyable to most of us.
Dreamcast forever!!!
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

i'm feeling boring to only report a few games, but my real bout special is freezing in game, no serious scratchs in disc, i checked it in v8.0 and no freeze. i think it's a side effect of the sfx in the code. i don't know.
top hunter plays fine, metal slug plays fine, i still don't played kof95 much to see anything so bad.
BTW, i'm using nero scandisc tools to see if my disc is so damaged, no serious scratchs on the surface. and it plays fine in v8.0.
don't complaining anything, just would like somebody with this game report any bugs like this.
i play rbs too mutch :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

You know that could be the sfx code is being started but disabled. Z80 is being started. Might have to totaly disable it again.
Dreamcast forever!!!
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

sorry for it Ian. i'm no coder, brelly a webdesigner in training. so i only think it's the sfx code as it's the main diff betwen 8.0 and 8.1
by the way, i realized tests on my disc with nero's tools and no damage in the disc. and i don't hope you fix that in the next release as you don't have this game. the purpose of my post is only to report what happens and ask for anybody else with this game to inform if this occurs too. i think i saw someone said was test real bout special too.
thanks for the great emu and all the suport
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

pulstar actually seems slower than metal slug now, i can tell because the music tracks runs out on pulstar in a normal run through a level w/o dying whereas this doesn't happen on metal slug anymore.
Albatross
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Albatross »

Has anybody tried any Fatal Fury games ?

I`ve tried Fatal Fury 3,Fatal Fury Special & RealBout Fatal Fury & all 3 games fail to load.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

real bout fatal fury special loads for me, the other ones don't work as of yet.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

i play rbs a lot here, try it on neocd/sdl on pc to see if isn't the disc...