Megaman Bor Complete Beta

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DcSteve »

just download and burn!

P.s- Note to everyone- I repeat again- you must beat the game and unlock "play as zero" , the reason is that zero has his own stage to beat to finish the game.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

Thankx for responding to my questions steve. the game is really good im like addicted to it now. sorry if my opinions seemed a little harsh. hope you didnt take'em that way. this is the first BOR mod ive played and i must say i really enjoyed it. the mod has actually inspired me to try partaking in this fun and a make a mod of my own. :twisted:
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

lol. sounds easy, it takes lots of practice and ripping to get used to, and then u need to understand offsets, ive spent over 30 hour learning before i made this mod.
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

HOW COLD YOU CREATE A GAME SO HARD?!? lmao. well, no one in my family likes beat-em-up games so i can't really get help from them, lol. This game is amazing! I just tried it and it took me 4 times to get to Bass and I still lost miserably! Is Bass the last boss? Also, how come Protoman seems to be the most stable character? This is some FUN $hit that you created, but now Megaman is kind of a wimp!

IMO, Roll is the easiest to use because even though she's so weak, she can easily get metalls and move with less effort. Protoman is the next easiest because of his combination of speed and power, but tends to have a harder time hitting some enemies. Duo is extremely easy to use, but with no jump attack it can get VERY tough sometimes. Megaman is the worst because he's the glitchiest and can easily get hurt. He's also not too strong and it's sad how the star can be the least used character, lol. I know that MANY of you won't agree with me, but hey, it's just what "I" think. Please tell me how YOU feel.

The game OVERALL is a HUGE improvement because the last version I tried was the FIRST release! The enemies can get really monotonous sometimes, but hey, WE'RE not making it, our beloved friend DCSteve is! This is so great to play, but enemies with names like titty, penis, and bigballs SLIGHTLY brings down my love for the game.

As far as mods go, I give this one an 8.5 out of ten. I'd give it a ten, but........hello! It's not even finished yet! And poor Ian! No offense, but he's seemed to have been forgotten in this overhaul of mods! I'm still wishing the very best for him because he both released the FIRST B.O.R. mod, and has been a GREAT friend who has always been there to help me.

And now, I close this utterly useless post by saying

"Rock on, Ian! Rock on DCSteve! May all the modders have fun and continue to give us the best! It's these things that keep the Dreamcast alive today! I thank you from the bottom of my Sega/Nintendo heart!"

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
CrazyCoder
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by CrazyCoder »

I beat the game with Duo just to see what Zero was like. My god DC have you actually beaten the bonus level? I mean its next to impossible. For God's sake man have a heart.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

the ONLY way to beat "play as zero"mode is 2 play as zero- but you didnt actually beat the game until u beat zero mode as like i said previous times, it has its own levels. Also, dr. light can give u some help.
vegetable
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by vegetable »

Wow, steve you know how to make a good mod! I can't wait to see the finished version!
haha
m1cr0s0ftd3m0n
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by m1cr0s0ftd3m0n »

hmm when i first fought stoneman after i killed him, he wouldnt die. he just kept flashing and continued to attack like normal but he couldnt hit me, but i could sometimes grab him. the level did quit after i alt+tabed out of the game for a little bit and then went back in.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

heh heh heh! I finally beat Zero mode! I had to try SEVERAL times, but now that I know the secrets..................heh heh heh. It was an AWSOME battle, but Bass was TOO easy. HE needs to be a little harder, but it's GREAT nontheless dude. keep it up.

EDIT: lmao! Sorry DCSteve! I know. I didn't mean to blow it. Don't worry! Only like two people max saw what I wrote. I didn't mean to give up anything. Well, anyways, it's still a hard battle. Again, I'm very sorry, lol. :oops:
Last edited by jessman on Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

<^_^>
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

lol, alt tabbed- well works perfect on the dc

Jess edit that post, i dont want that revealed yet please.... yea it is fun, but thats why this is a beta
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Hey DCSteve, why don't you try making a boss battle in an elevator shaft? That would be sweet! Also, I noticed that when you fight Stoneman the screen never stops scrolling when you move! It's fun running away from them and attacking from behind because I felt like I was trying to escape him, lol. Anyways, has anyone tried this game with two players? I'd like to know how it is. Sigh, I just wish that someone would implement 4-player support. Oh well, thanks again Steve and I'm sorry for talking so much. :P

<^_^>
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

Jess- please edit the post about your finding in zero mode...

has anyone found the secret option yet? After u beat story mode- there is a secret option hidden under zero mode- find it.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

GRRRR! :evil: Darnit DCSteve! Because there's no save feature I gotta beat it again! WAH!!! :cry: lol. Well, before you unlock the zero mode you can see that there's two features to unlock, but I saw the text disappear later and thought it was just a glitch! DANG! Now I gotta do that FIERCE bout with Megaman again! Oh well, I need to brush up my skills. Thanks again for such a great mod!

P.S. Why is Duo shorter than Megaman in this game? Duo is about twice as tall as Megaman in MM8. This is just plain creepy that you mixed MVSC with MMPB, lol.

<^_^>
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

because there is no newer or bigger version sprites of duo i can use, i think he still looks just fine. Also, u dont need to play zero mode to play secret mode.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

beta cd cover...

Post by law56ker »

This is just a beta cd cover. Not made in the cover yet. I found a couple images and put them together and added some effects. Tell me what you guys think. Whee can I get megman font for adobe photoshop.

DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

nice, now all it needs is the dc templates
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

muwhahahahaaha

F8
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by F8 »

Yo, DcSteve...Is there any chance you could just host those multi-rar files as one big cdi file (inside a rar or zip)? It'd be easier to download in one chunk. In fact, I haven't tried your mod yet. Is it in cdi format when you unzip it or do we have to mess around with some other files?
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

its in cdi format.
use winrar to extract

i couldnt host it as one big zip or rar, because dcemu only allows 5 megs at a time. If someone can give perminant and stable hosting, then i would host 1 file for all future releases, and even make this release one file..
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

replaced level 2 ground texture thanx to law56ker-
and megaman can hit and grab anyone now, and his stander shots are 3x more powerful.