THE MORROWIND THREAD

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Mugworm_Griblick
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mugworm_Griblick »

I have to kill this rat for this lady, but the rat keeps killing me. :x

?@ Cheatah? whats the thing called that you plug things into, the power socket?

<Dilbert> Cheatah
<Dilbert> have you heard the jokes they dont tell fags?
?@ Cheatah? no
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Mugworm_Griblick wrote:I have to kill this rat for this lady, but the rat keeps killing me. :x
Go buy some good armor and weapons/spells, depending on your class. Then go to some of those blades trainers that Casius Casaides (sp?) tells you about and increase your skills some, then rats are nothing.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

butters wrote:
Mugworm_Griblick wrote:I have to kill this rat for this lady, but the rat keeps killing me. :x
Go buy some good armor and weapons/spells, depending on your class. Then go to some of those blades trainers that Casius Casaides (sp?) tells you about and increase your skills some, then rats are nothing.

Dil will undoubtedly have to start a new game.. Considering he never even bothered noticing what class/skills he was choosing when he started :P
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Veggita2099 wrote:Ok I like the leveling system cause Jeeba told me it was good.

Good boy.
Brak
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Brak »

I had this game for awhile now for xbox and it was all about the thieves for me..... It was the best game ever, I traveled the land stealing EVERYTHING, it was great! That is, until the day it all went to hell. I was workin for the thieves guild to earn more money and I had gotten to the quest where I had to go to the magic guild while it was empty and steal this dagger. I got the idea of raiding everything else in the guild and selling it first, then getting the dagger..... when I was done I traveled back to the guild dude I had accidentaly sold the dagger somewhere. But, unfortunitally I had been all over to sell all the other stuff, so that was a grade A way to totaly screw up my game. With such a big, unrestricting world I couldn't remember where I sold it! So the moral is..... DON'T GET GREEDY. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY..... :cry: DON'T BE STUPID!! :cry:
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

personally, i love the x-box version, and the fact that it is so open ended or dosnt really have a strong storyline (if any noticable storyline at all) dosnt bother me whatsoever. I mean come on, the simple pleasures of the game will pull you in, like mudering every single member of the Balmora council in cold blood just for kicks :mrgreen:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Im stuck. I joined the warriors guild and have been doing work for that fire eye in borran (don't remember the names exactly, sorry). Anyways Im at the point now where I have to go to southwall, which is the theives guild, and get a code book. So I go over to South Wall and talk to the person who has the book. That person won't give it to me and tells me I have to decide who I am loyal to the theives or the fighters. I made the mistake of joining the theives guild earlier in the game, but I never did any missions for them. So I go back to the warrior chick that gave me the quest and she just says the exact same thing which is for me to get the book. I scrolled down to that persons name who I have to get the item from and the warrior chick told me to get the codebook and she would take responsibility for it. So I go back to the theives guild and talked to everyone in there and I just couldn't get the book.

So my next idea was to get kicked out of the theives guild. So I steal a bottle and run like a madman to the door. I then walk up to a guard pay the 1 gold fine and then go back to the theives guild. They wouldn't attack me, but I was no longer in the guild. So then I talk to that person for the code book, same damn message. I tried to barter with her but the book is not in there. So then I thought about just killing her. As I figured the entire building came to her aid, there is just no possible way I can kill her.

So, what do I do????
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Easy: Bribe her money til that likeness bar gets to at least 90/100 and then talk to her about it, and she'll hand it over. I tried killing her too, but I suffered the same fate as you, lol.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

I killed her then ran for the door. NPCs don't chase you outside buildings :o
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

But if you kill her, you cant join the thiefs guild...which gives you less to do in the game...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

<--- Mage/Fighters Guilds..
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Wow, have you guys read the Bloodmoon expansions info? You can become a warewolf :o

http://pc.ign.com/articles/402/402918p1.html

I cant wait for the GOTY version to be released on Xbox so I can play Bloodmoon ;) Always could play it on PC but I prefer it play on me Xbox on the TV and with 5.1 sound :P
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Gmc wrote:But if you kill her, you cant join the thiefs guild...which gives you less to do in the game...
I am happy that I have enough to do in the game as it is. Mercilessly killing random people then pawning all their posessions never gets boring (in the game and real life, as coasterking would say :wink: )
I'm planning on starting a few new chars next month when I have more free time to play the game from a different perspective anyway.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Hmm so I just need to bribe her huh, don't see how it could hurt. I will give it a try.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Well that didn't work. I got it up to 100/100 with that women and she still said the same thing.

I have noticed this game has a lot of bugs in it. Like one time I asked to be promoted in a guild and it told me I was still %rank lol. I fear I might have messed it up by joining the theives guild first.

Buy hey I managed to find a peice of armor worth 8000 gold on my way back to that starting town. I went into that tomb and found it in lord soandso's urn.

Any other idea's on what to do about that quest though? Even if I was higher level I don't see how I could kill that women, and even if I did it would be a major faction hit.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/morrowind_a.txt wrote: Note: If you belong to both the Thieves Guild and the Fighters Guild at the
same time when you attempt this mission, Sottilde will not give you the book
at all. In this case you must taunt her until she attacks you, then kill her
and take the book. When you do this you will be booted from the Thieves
Guild. To rejoin the Thieves Guild you must pay 1000 gold.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Wow.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

IF you taunt her does the others NOT come to her aid then?
MDPBlackout
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by MDPBlackout »

I just bought this game used for $12 It didn't come with a manual. I emailed bethesda software and they said a replacement manual was $10 Does anyone know where I can download a manual?
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

MDPBlackout wrote:I just bought this game used for $12 It didn't come with a manual. I emailed bethesda software and they said a replacement manual was $10 Does anyone know where I can download a manual?
Check out http://gamefaqs.com