Ideas for Scherzo's NesterDC SE.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by abydos1000 »

crt023 wrote:I'll vote for a ban.
Hats off to you cagmere :rumpshaker:
Not sure how well that works. They are so starving for attention that they will just come back under another nickname and email address.

Wonder what happens to someone if everyone completely ignores he/she exists. Let's not let this person bother us anyway because he/she is a figment of our imagination (population of the universe is zero).
links1981
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by links1981 »

I Can not WAIT for the "SE" to come out!

Any New info? > At All?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

nomis wrote:Kid dracula(there is about 2-3 version of that game patched and unpatched but none work)
As I've said 2 or 3 times in other threads, the only version of this game that works is Akumajou Special - Boku Dracula Kun (J). I've finished it in NesterDC, and it works perfectly.

There's probably a header error in the other dumps/patched versions of this game. Maybe scherzo can fix them.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

Seriously, how long does it really take to update an emulator that was nearly perfect to begin with? Wasn't this supposed to be released by Christmas '04?
um.. i dont think this is any way to address someone who is working on an emu for FREE and sharing it with all of us for FREE.

these kinds of things makes someone not want to work on an emu.

anyways.. keep up the good work :)

so that clipping is in real nes games? thats odd.. i guess when your a kid you dont notice those sort of things but then become a perfectionist and notice them to a point where they bug you so much you have to turn off the game.. o well..

i was thinking, theres an option to move the screen.. but that just leaves a horrible black bar on the left side of the screen.. would it be possible to have an option to move and STRETCH THE SCREEN???

anyways.. this emu is really exciting.. i wanted to ask about a few games that i could not get to work properlly... here goes..

battletoads-screen has numbers and letters in them.. its hard to explain
NARC - doesnt get past the first screen
paperboy -doesnt get past the first screen

one more question...

is theres gonna be support for the VS NES games? you know those arcade NES games.. i tried them on the nesterdc7.1 but they dont seem to start up.

anyways.. i cant wait for the emu.. its really exciting.. and dont listen to jerks like the one i quoted.. itll be done when its done.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Hey, just had a few questions. Sorry, but it's really frustrating. Wrestlemania Challenge (Not to be confused with Wrestlemania or Wrestlemania Steel Cage challange) doesn't work properly on any emulator I've tried. Maybe it's the way that the game's mapped? I'd play it on the real NES, but it's so hard to get it to work, and I currently don't have any free plugs in ANY of my outlets. Wrestlemaia doesn't work to well either, as the charracters become invisible on NesterDC. I'm not gonna whine too much, but I wanted to know if maybe you could test these games on SE to see if they work better. Thanks man. Sorry for complaining.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Humpin' Hasney wrote:Yeah, it does work. the trouble is there are 5 versions of the ROM and only one works!
Thanks! Would you happen to know which version I should use? I love this game. It's kinda like Double Dragon meets wrestling. Not in terms of gameplay, but the graphics/music and the "YOU" characters for player one and two look like Billy and Jimmy. Is that their names? Who cares. Just please, help me out, lol. I'm low on cds.

(EDIT: Heh. I don't know about NesterDC, but the japanese version of the game runs in nnnesterje023. Does this mean it'll run on the DC? Hopefully. Well, Wrestlemania {Without Challenge} runs on the pc emu, but the characters turn invisible on the Dreamcast. Can this be fixed? Thanks)

<^_^>
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

jessman wrote:
Humpin' Hasney wrote:Yeah, it does work. the trouble is there are 5 versions of the ROM and only one works!
Thanks! Would you happen to know which version I should use? I love this game. It's kinda like Double Dragon meets wrestling. Not in terms of gameplay, but the graphics/music and the "YOU" characters for player one and two look like Billy and Jimmy. Is that their names? Who cares. Just please, help me out, lol. I'm low on cds.

(EDIT: Heh. I don't know about NesterDC, but the japanese version of the game runs in nnnesterje023. Does this mean it'll run on the DC? Hopefully. Well, Wrestlemania {Without Challenge} runs on the pc emu, but the characters turn invisible on the Dreamcast. Can this be fixed? Thanks)
i think he said that wrestle mania challenge works in se, i asked about that game months ago :)
drybed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by drybed »

Man just try every version of the game and it'll work
links1981
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by links1981 »

Just Bumpin this tread to see how things are going in the "SE" World?
(Any updates/INFO ?)
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

links1981 wrote:Just Bumpin this tread to see how things are going in the "SE" World?
(Any updates/INFO ?)
be patient !
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
links1981
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by links1981 »

Ill try but.........

That Damn Video is killin me! ]
ghostparty
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by ghostparty »

OK, this really isn't an idea for Schzero but I was wondering if the source code will be released with this SE release?
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

ghostparty wrote:OK, this really isn't an idea for Schzero but I was wondering if the source code will be released with this SE release?
Yes, it will.
obelisk
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by obelisk »

Ummm.... here's one.

i thought of this running on Black and white gameboy games, but maybe this could be done for your NesterDCSE, scherzo. If you had a black and white mode, and or pallette/ color changer thing like so if you wanted to make a game look like it's playing on an old mono PC or apple 2 would be White = Black and Black = green.
Or White = Black and Black = Amber. If you wanted a Virtual Boy Appearence it would be White = Black and Black = Red.
Downloadable and Uploadable Palletes would be nifty too, that way we couold have all kinds of fun stuff. Possible BlackLight, DayGlo, and like really Cool color modes could be achived, like customized.

was that too far out?
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I look forward to this emulator. The features sound like the best emulator for nintendo-fanatics! NSF support, most broken games are now fixed? that is going to be cool, I was kinda mad about nester 7.1 on how some games didn't work. This emulator will be a real treat when this is finished. I can finally play wrestlemania challenge again, good times. :-} good work scherzo, keep it up.
Have you played dreamcast today?
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Actually, reading Obelisk's post I thought Palette support (.pal) would be very nice. Maybe for a later version of NesterSE ?
Insane homebrew collector.
obelisk
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by obelisk »

bump and thanks. anyone else think it would be cool?
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

I agree it would be neat, but c'mon! Stop asking him to add new things or we'll never get this, rofl :lol:

<^_^>
tray262
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by tray262 »

Glad to hear things are moving on.
ghostparty
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by ghostparty »

how many releases do you think will come after SE?