DC Movie Player released

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Thomas
Thomas
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: nurning bero

Post by Thomas »

skid_row wrote:yes dcmplay is the coolest thing to happen to dreamcast in years. damn i watched matrix reloaded on my dreamcast.. i just watched hulk.. i watched 2 fast 2 furious!!!!!!!!!
Talk like this is what gets topics locked, I suggest you delete that part of your topic. And no one gives a d@mn about your pirated movies please leave that stuff to yourself or you could risk being banned(I think....)!!!!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Chill, he's "teh bannd!!11" now. Oh, and how delightfully so.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
ArmV
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ArmV »

Alexvrb wrote:Chill, he's "teh bannd!!11" now. Oh, and how delightfully so.
another one bites that dust ay.
-Johnick-
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by -Johnick- »

OneThirty8 wrote:DivX 5 Pro is also available free if you don't mind adware. I reccommend it even though the adware gets annoying sometimes.
Actually if you run Adaware 6 it will remove the Spyware but unlike other Spyware proggies Divx 5 pro still works when the Spyware is removed :).

Makes you wonder why they bother to charge people for it :p.
ArmV
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ArmV »

-Johnick- wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:DivX 5 Pro is also available free if you don't mind adware. I reccommend it even though the adware gets annoying sometimes.
Actually if you run Adaware 6 it will remove the Spyware but unlike other Spyware proggies Divx 5 pro still works when the Spyware is removed :).

also you can download the pro version with no adware, you just need to register/puchase a licence or key.
I'll put the kibosh on you!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

-Johnick- wrote:

Not exactly. If you use Adaware to remove the Adware in the free version of Divx 5.0.x Pro, it will continue to decode (play!) divx movies. However, it will no longer encode movies, it'll either fail or crash or something bad. Do what I said and use a firewall with program control to block GAIN, or buy it, or live without the super-nifty Pro features.

Note: If all you use the Divx codec for is playing back or decoding, and not encoding, Divx regular will play back all Divx, even Divx Pro! It cannot encode with the Pro features, but it can certainly decode them! A company has to survive, but at least they do give you 3 options: Regular Divx for simple encoding and playback, Divx Pro with Adware, and Divx Pro for $.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I's not like mega adware anyway. It's only 1 or 2 popups a day max.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Not exactly. If you use Adaware to remove the Adware in the free version of Divx 5.0.x Pro, it will continue to decode (play!) divx movies. However, it will no longer encode movies, it'll either fail or crash or something bad. Do what I said and use a firewall with program control to block GAIN, or buy it, or live without the super-nifty Pro features.
Hmm, I deleted Gain.exe and can still encode with DivX 5.05..
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

ZacMc wrote:
Hmm, I deleted Gain.exe and can still encode with DivX 5.05..
It installs more Adwars than that - if you get rid of all of the adwars, then it will display a message telling you you shouldn't have removed it.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

You can delete almost all the spyware, I would post a link but that would make it almost warez I think so I wont. And if you have a firewall just deny it access and no ads will come from it.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Right, didn't I say that? I must be getting senile.
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
Shapyi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shapyi »

Its really simple to get DivX Pro 5.0.5 to work without spyware. Its pretty easy to do, but I would post how if the mods let me.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

You speak as though all versions of Divx Pro have spyware. Besides, most people don't even need Pro.
Shapyi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shapyi »

Bero? Are you still working on DC Movie Player? It was going so well.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

He is taking a break from DCMP. He was gonna work on porting a few things last I heard.
karsten
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by karsten »

Can someone make me a point of the last developments of this software?
(i.e. speed support, bug etc?)

if you can redirect me to a link it's fine too.

Thanx
I'll create a monument to non-existance! -Kefka, FFVI
http://www.auritech.com
temppimp
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Kick assage

Post by temppimp »

Ok, this program is definitely one of the (if not THE) best apps on the DC. I tried it for the first time today after using that terrible DCdivx beta 4 prog, and am very impressed.

Only thing I have tried so far have been encoded Naruto episodes, using the method of encoding from the Dreamcast Divx guide at the following site:

http://www.patternblue.net/guides/DCdivx/

The movies ended up being 70 to 90 mb in size (from around 160+mb before.) The dang things would barely run in dcdivxb4, I could only see about 10 seconds of video before it would freeze for about 20 seconds, go for 10, freeze for 20, etc...

When I tried DC Movie Player Test 2, I expected about the same thing to happen, but my vids ran smoothly, with no load time. The only problem I am really bothered by is the A/V sync, it was about a second off. I understand this is just the test version, and Bero wasn't even trying to get the A/V to synchronize, so I am VERY impressed! Playing divx movies is about the only thing I've tried with my DC besides playing backups, but now hopefully I can get into emulation, etc...

Anyway, Bero keep up the good work, we are all looking forward to being even more blown away by an official release!

Oh yeah, a couple of n00bish questions before I go...

1) How do you find out information about your movie's resolution, bitrate, and sound? I see everyone posting this info, but I'm not really sure how to determine it.

2) Could you make this post a STICKY? This player is very good, and deserves an official thread.

3) WTF is DreamInducer? I see a sticky thread for it, but there's not really any working links to get the software... Is it a divx player that's as good as DC Movie Player? Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong thread.

Later peepz, time for me to try to encode some Angel eppys... mwa ha ha :twisted:
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Kick assage

Post by az_bont »

temppimp wrote:Ok, this program is definitely one of the (if not THE) best apps on the DC. I tried it for the first time today after using that terrible DCdivx beta 4 prog, and am very impressed.
Try reverting back to the Beta 3 release, which is noticably more stable and more compatible, with better audio syncing than the Movie Player.
temppimp wrote:1) How do you find out information about your movie's resolution, bitrate, and sound? I see everyone posting this info, but I'm not really sure how to determine it.
In Windows XP, right-click the file, go to 'Summary' and 'Advanced'. Or, load up your video in Windows Media Player and chooce 'File -> Properties'. Or, in WinAMP 2.91, double click the file's title as it plays.
temppimp wrote:2) Could you make this post a STICKY? This player is very good, and deserves an official thread.
Well, I wasn't going to bother, as things are looking a bit crowded, but considering the fact that it's gradually slipping off the front page, and that you asked so nicely, I'll do it ;).
temppimp wrote:3) WTF is DreamInducer? I see a sticky thread for it, but there's not really any working links to get the software... Is it a divx player that's as good as DC Movie Player? Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong thread.
DreamInducer is a menu system allowing you to launch different Dreamcast homebrew applications and emulators from a signle disc. It also has customizable menus, and the ability to include DivX intros in these menus. The core is based off of DCDivX Beta 3, and has pretty much the same compatibility as far as I can tell. 138 created a utility, linked to in his sig, that allows you to utilize this customizable system to create a disc full of DivX files but with a more presentable menu, and more importanly, it just looks cooler.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Thanks for the plug, az!

temppimp, if you're looking to use DreamInducer then you should visit http://www.sbiffy.com and get Selfboot Inducer. To access the files there, you will need to register for the Sbiffy! forums.

Then, go check out my site at http://onethirty.8m.com for DivX-4-SBI. The included Readme should get you up and running.

To encode your files to be compatible with DCDivX and DreamInducer, use either the DCDivX4Dummies guide by ZacMC or az_bont's guide.
temppimp
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by temppimp »

Thanks for the info on everything, especially dcdivx beta 3, Gonna go try it tonight.