The Ascension Of Vigil

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tyne »

New version soon! I still have to A) Recode lightning spell B) Add air block C) Reanimate Vigil's blocking frames D) Tweak some spells to be blockable .. then it's ready for release. It features new music by Bl1tz for the castle, Vigil is able to backflip out of his Diving Swallow (Wall Jumpkick), and his kick move has been completely overhauled and looks pretty cool. Also there aren't any bugs, shadows tilt to the grounds geometry, and many more tweaks.

Hopefully Bl1tz will also have his Dungeon map finished then! Oh right, a new monster also.

"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

New version!

Features
----------

- I haven't been able to find one bug as of yet ..
- Castle has completely new music, once again by Bl1tz
- Vigil's old lame looking kick has been replaced by a jumping round house kick animation and additional physics; looks a lot better
- Vigil is now able to block in mid air
- New frames of animation have been added to Vigil
- Fireball spell and the Hell Knight's lightning spell is now blockable
- Lightning Storm has been completely recoded, and now it uses sprites
- 2 New monsters! Wraiths and Arch Ghouls
- Vigil's block frames have been revamped
- Vigil is now able to backflip out of a Diving Swallow (Walljump kick) attack
- Many TAoV "engine" tweaks, I've bug fixed a lot of small glitches; for example, such as monsters hitting each other with spells
- Changed the flags color and symbol
- Updated castle.bsp again with the new Wraith enemy, Arch Ghoul is finished but it is currently unused
- Tweaked Vigil's Slice Special so that it's easier to use and has a lower recovery time
- Monsters floating in air syndrome has been eliminated, this showed itself mostly when you broke the barrels that Knights were standing on top of in the castle map
- Vigil's running attack and Uppercut Slice are now able to climb up stairs
- Tweaked a lot of graphical effects
- Gaunt's now explode into a puddle of guts when they hit the floor after death

etc...

Please give input back on the updates! I also accept suggestions and critisism; they help me out by making a better game.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

ok i remember how i mentioned how the main characters walking, standing animation kinda looked stiff, well to see how much better it could look you can look at the enemy knights animation, the knights head and body moves life like as he moves around and his head moves according to his motion. just an observation...another thing is with the 3 animations to the sword combo swing, the last swing i think it look stoo weak, it doesn't look like he is point power into his swing, the way he stabs his sword it seems the sword is nothing but a knife imo. It looks good but i think it whould look better if the animations seemed more like he was swinging a powerful sword.
M@jk
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Been thanked: 0

Post by M@jk »

Can anyone tell me how to run this game on DC? where i can find a somekind tutorial?
Actually: Outrun2 (XBOX)
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

law56ker wrote:ok i remember how i mentioned how the main characters walking, standing animation kinda looked stiff, well to see how much better it could look you can look at the enemy knights animation, the knights head and body moves life like as he moves around and his head moves according to his motion. just an observation...another thing is with the 3 animations to the sword combo swing, the last swing i think it look stoo weak, it doesn't look like he is point power into his swing, the way he stabs his sword it seems the sword is nothing but a knife imo. It looks good but i think it whould look better if the animations seemed more like he was swinging a powerful sword.
Hmm, I personally like his stand animation - it's smooth and flows nicely, I don't see why he should move his head.. I'll try to improve it more though. I've gone over several of Vigil's animations and improved his movement if you noticed it (mostly his kick, made his head move with the running animation). The last sword swing is my favorite, spinning a huge sword in his hand at high speed complete with the whipping sound to go with it.

I'll basically try and do whatever to make Vigil more fluid and life like, this'll help me out creating better animations also; this version is vastly improved over the last one though. ;)
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

this game is awesome! keep up the good work
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

M@jk wrote:Can anyone tell me how to run this game on DC? where i can find a somekind tutorial?
Well, Tyne's TAoV.rar has a \ID1 folder in it. Just replace quake's id1\PAK0.PAK by the one from TAoV and delete id1\PAK1.PAK. Use also TAoV's progs.dat and controls.cfg
It is stand alone now and should work fine with no ID's original files.
If you still don't know how to burn RADquake Finito, please read some pages ago, i remember i've posted the disc structure for it.
Enjoy. TAoV is a masterpiece from Tyne ;)
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I've discovered a few weird bugs that I've fixed, I'll release a progs.dat patch soon..

A) Sometimes Vigil's grab will cause enemies to fall out of the level, fixed; it sucks when you grab an eneny and it falls out of the level and you're not able to continue on.

B) Blocking during backflipping is no longer allowed, it just looked bad.

C) Wall Grab tweak, Vigil will continue to hang in the air a few seconds even though his sword isn't in the wall anymore, fixed.

D) Monsters weren't jumping as much and they were sliding a bit, fixed.

E) Fixed score keeping, it was slightly broken; also the larger combos you do the bigger your final score is!

More testing continues ...
M@jk
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by M@jk »

DCmad wrote:
M@jk wrote:Can anyone tell me how to run this game on DC? where i can find a somekind tutorial?
Well, Tyne's TAoV.rar has a \ID1 folder in it. Just replace quake's id1\PAK0.PAK by the one from TAoV and delete id1\PAK1.PAK. Use also TAoV's progs.dat and controls.cfg
It is stand alone now and should work fine with no ID's original files.
If you still don't know how to burn RADquake Finito, please read some pages ago, i remember i've posted the disc structure for it.
Enjoy. TAoV is a masterpiece from Tyne ;)
Thx for help, this mod is GREAT. I love scrolling beatem up`s, but these release is fantastic!!!
great job Tyne!

Also one more question: will this mod run on Quake DC by Titanium Studios? i try to run, but it freezes on loading screen :/ (NO CONFIG FILE FOUND, strange because i add the config.cfg file to any directory )
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

i found a bug its in the first level where there is a rock wall on his left side and hes standing on a flat rock if you walk all the way back to the rock wall and walk left u can float
M@jk
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by M@jk »

ok i did it TAoV runs on Quake DC by titanium studios!!! but its buggy ;/ main character has a buggy or missing texture. also after beating first boss game cannot load next level. All you have to do is to add the cfg files to PAK file (by pak explorer)
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

nevets934 wrote:i found a bug its in the first level where there is a rock wall on his left side and hes standing on a flat rock if you walk all the way back to the rock wall and walk left u can float
Itsn't a mod related bug, it's quake engine physics.
M@jk wrote:ok i did it TAoV runs on Quake DC by titanium studios!!! but its buggy ;/ main character has a buggy or missing texture. also after beating first boss game cannot load next level. All you have to do is to add the cfg files to PAK file (by pak explorer)
It freezes trying to go to next level at map01.bsp cause the portal has a trigger_changelevel with a next map name of map02. And there's no map called map02.bsp as of yet.
You can rename castle.bsp to map02.bsp inside pak0.pak\maps and it will work fine. That's the two most advanced maps untill now (Wilderness by RPG and The Castle by me+Tyne), i think the next will be The Dungeon by Bl1tz, a great map, you won't be disapointed.
Infact, castle.bsp will be map06.bsp when TAoV get a final release.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Actually RPG messed up and called it map01_a for the trigger_changelevel ... I wish he'd just make it map02 like I requested about 6 times. Anyways I found another bug:

After dying, wraiths shouldn't remove the player as their enemy - if a wraith is outside the level and Vigil dies then they will not see him anymore due to geometry blocking their vision and the level cannot be completed. Fixed!
M@jk
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by M@jk »

Its me again :)
Just make a sbi pack of TAoV release.

you can grab the file here: http://dcfans.iserv.pl/sbi/taov_01-11-2005.sbi

EDIT: IF SOMEONE GET THE FILE YESTERDAY (14.01) PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PACK AGIAN TODAY (THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH CATALOG).

This pack is full, it contains Rad Quake Finito, PAK file of mod (with renamed castle map, and config files added) Theres nothing more to do, beside burning on Dream Inducer :>
enjoy.

File not tested, if anyone test it plese give sign.
Last edited by M@jk on Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Will test tonight.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Here's a remixed version of the Castle music:

http://circa1984.com/renegade/eddie_orch_rap.mp3

And.. here's the latest PROGS.DAT update, yes... this is a patch!
It fixes all bugs listed above, now it's really bugless.

http://circa1984.com/renegade/renonly/progs.dat
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

Not sure if this is a big issue, but in the first level, around the boss, I keep falling through the floor if I walk up towards the cliff wall ^_^

/problem can easily be fixed. "Just dont walk into the cliff wall!"
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Odd, seems RPG's map has a few of those problems ... Gonna release another progs.dat soon, I forgot to change back some debugging stuff before I uploaded that one :P Example, castle.bsp's door will lower instead of raising up!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

New version (PAK0.Pak updated, Progs.dat updated)
---

- Fixed Vigil's grab, enemies no longer fall through the floor causing the level to become unbeatable
- Vigil's head smash now ignites into flames, deals more damage, and looks cool as hell! .. this only happens when an air uppercut is used before it, otherwise the regular head smash is used (it also encourages air comboing)
- Wraith's are fixed, they wouldn't come back and fight you if they flew out of the level and Vigil died since they could no longer see him as level geometry was blocking their vision (d'oh)
- Improved a few animations on Vigil
- Various tweaks/changes/additions to minor things .. these tweaks are allowing the mod to be more flexible, easier to work with, and overall more powerful
- Camera zooming tweaked to the users framerate

Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

D'oh, forgot to include the new model. I'll reupload a fixed .rar when I get home today! You can still play the mod but in DP only, playing it in the software rendering engine won't load.

Update: Fixed! :)