For those interested in the web browser

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.

Are you interested in the web browser?

Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 203
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nakamichi »

I got two new MIDI files for PSD 2.0.Tested and optimized for Microsoft's Roland Soft Synthesizer,not for Yamaha S-YXG.
These may sound much better with XDP.
I can send you the 2 MID files,you just put them on the page,so I can test them with my DC.
Excalibur007
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Excalibur007 »

Hi to all,
I just arrived in Kentucky this evening. I haven't unloaded the moving truck yet. There's going to be a TON of unpacking to do, so it'll still be a couple days before I'm ready to resume work on PSD myself.

Shark, sounds good. I'm sure I'll love it.

Nakamichi, if you still have the info, go ahead and upload them to the site. I'll add them to the page when I get my computer unloaded and set up. If you don't have the info to upload them, I'll give that to you again.

Thanks to all,
-Ex
Tis my sig.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Sorry,but I lost the info :(
PM me and send it again.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

OK,I got access to the FTP and I uploaded some stuff (only 1/3 of what I plan to upload)
Be sure to check it out. There are 2 new MIDI files.Make sure you link them on the PSD page for testing.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

anyone w/ spare dc keyboard for sale,pm me...i would like to buy it.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

hey pi...that dcbg browser you and speud were talking about can be downloaded for free on jeffmas site...and how it came to be descibed as a psd/xdp whatever..is beyond me.its very basic...not even remotely close.ex and others can back that.it was really a test demo for a few things that ended up on ex's xdp..surely not as it has been desribed...later :)
Excalibur007
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Excalibur007 »

Hey!!!!!!
Good to see you Curt! It's been a while.

:D

Yeah, that dcbg browser was an independant work by Curt. Quite a darn good one too. It looks really sweet and has a ton of useful stuff.

And Curt, I'll look around for a KB for ya.

-Ex
Tis my sig.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Curt, I can probably score you a keyboard, I'll go see if I can find one later today. I'm home on two weeks TDY, so my old buddies can probably hook me up with any schwag you need. I also have some hella-bitchin' VMU's, check out http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=55531 for more info.

I may be interested in selling off my Treamcast as well.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

pm me fathead on the keyboard offer,we'll work it out however you want.glad to see ya man. :)
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

pm me fathead on the keyboard offer,we'll work it out however you want.glad to see ya man. :)
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

pm me fathead on the keyboard offer,we'll work it out however you want.glad to see ya man.
My hookup guy is out till Wednesday. With luck I can get the KB for free, should just be the price of shipping.

Good to see you too, bro. Glad to see you decided to carry on the DC browser legacy, I need to check out that last release you did.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

my savior lol..ill pm my addy info,send your address with cost & shipping cost is on its way...
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

hey pi,ive pm'd my personal info for kb,and request for yours,to send the cost..figured i better post here in case this second attempt doesnt work.if it dont,i need another way to reach you..email,etc..
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

just in case you geniuses missed it....page 19 of this thread tells you exactly how to make homebrew apps that need file system usage work from the browsers..like dreamsnes etc...the trade off is that youll need to use a boot disc like utopia and not make your browser self boot.jeffma got dreamsnes working fine with this method in dreampassport 3,and it uses ginsu just like planetweb does.so just make yourself a non self boot browser with all your stuff on it,and use utopia to run everything.

and fyi i missed page 19 as it was a time i wasnt even around during that whole section of posting..hard to believe that was missed like that.especially after all the damned testing we did before and after that paticular post was made..well atleast someone decided to do a re read and find it.i personally dont mind using utopia in order to have everything work from one disc myself...

im gonna start at page 20 and continue proof reading for other things over looked when i return from he hospital in a week or so..was hoping i would be able to today,but dr feelgood has other plans for me in the coming weeks.so see you all then....i hope.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

just in case you geniuses missed it....page 19 of this thread tells you exactly how to make homebrew apps that need file system usage work from the browsers..like dreamsnes etc...the trade off is that youll need to use a boot disc like utopia and not make your browser self boot.jeffma got dreamsnes working fine with this method in dreampassport 3,and it uses ginsu just like planetweb does.so just make yourself a non self boot browser with all your stuff on it,and use utopia to run everything.

and fyi i missed page 19 as it was a time i wasnt even around during that whole section of posting..hard to believe that was missed like that.especially after all the damned testing we did before and after that paticular post was made..well atleast someone decided to do a re read and find it.i personally dont mind using utopia in order to have everything work from one disc myself...

im gonna start at page 20 and continue proof reading for other things over looked when i return from he hospital in a week or so..was hoping i would be able to today,but dr feelgood has other plans for me in the coming weeks.so see you all then....i hope.
Hmm... I wonder how a mod-chip would affect that... *runs off to PM box*
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

hey guys, do you try implement that online msn on the web browser ?
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Excalibur007
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Excalibur007 »

Arqueiro wrote:hey guys, do you try implement that online msn on the web browser ?
Yeah, it's in there. But thanks for the suggestion. :)

-Ex
Tis my sig.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

Excalibur007 wrote:
Arqueiro wrote:hey guys, do you try implement that online msn on the web browser ?
Yeah, it's in there. But thanks for the suggestion. :)

-Ex
that is cool i allready said that, but just ask to know !

thanks
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Excalibur007
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Excalibur007 »

After a lot of work and a motherload of delays, the updated XDP is ready for download.
You can find it at Psilocybin Dreams Home.

It's a 49.9 MB download split into 10 RARs.

Updated from last release:
* Comprehensive Help Manual added.
* Newer PVR set (should be easier to view on a TV).
* New icons (both in the executable and the interface).
* Improved Tools section with fixed and added tools.
* New launch interface (now uses Generator).
* Now able to return to main launch menu from browser.
* Includes Flash internet settings adjuster for 1st ISP.
* Planetweb has new interface.
* VMU saves library from former Dreamserv & more added.
* Default XDP ICON_VMS changed (no more funky flower).
* ISAO account creation guide added.
* New sound player interface using modified winamp skin.
* Many new midis and hundreds of improved/remixed midis.
* Several new Javascript games and improved old ones.
* Many new samples for javascript and browser functions.
* Now FULLY translated (even icons contained in executable).
*** Many more that I can't think of at the moment. ;)

Get it while it's hot! :D

-Ex
Tis my sig.
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

woohoo!!!! i'll download this and burn tomorrow.

thx.
DC FoReVeR.!!!