PSOne Gaming

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: PSOne Gaming

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I loved that generation.
N64 had its smaller library of great 1st party games.
PS1 had a lot of great games (I do agree the graphics might be outdated, but it really doesn't seem to bother me).
Saturn was a 2D powerhouse. I'd actually pick one up just for the arcade ports from Capcom and SNK, no lie.

In my opinion, that gen was better than this one. This one has too many minwii-games and non-stop first person shooters, but of course, each gen has games that most certainly stand out.
Wagh
Wagh
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wagh »

Luriden wrote: Twisted Metal 2

That's all you need.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I'm with Quzar. I remember seeing the PSX games and thinking, "WTF? Why do SNES and Genesis games look better? This is crap!". It took me ages to get a PSX. Well, not ages.. 2 or 3 years, I guess. The thing that convinced me was Twisted Metal 2, which I still think is the most fun game in the entire series (I like Black, but not as much). One of the few games on the system I can still pick up and play whenever I feel like smashing junk around.

They didn't just not age, I thought they were always bad. But, there are games on the PSX I quite enjoy. Metal Gear Solid is quite playable (Twin Snakes I think made it too easy, though it's more polished in some ways. I also think most aspects of the original voice work is better, especially Greyfox).

RPGs are an easy answer, but I don't like a lot of JRPGs. I did play through Star Ocean 2 for the first time a couple years back, and quite enjoyed it. It's combo 2D/3D, but the big thing that sells it is its entertaining combat.

I also still like the original Resident Evil.

But yeah, on the whole I pretty rarely go back and play my PSX. On the other hand, I still buy SNES/NES/Genesis titles (and I'm probably going to buy Pier Solar when that gets released in a few months) and play them.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:i still think the Playstation has the best roster of RPGs yet.
Sure, it had the most RPGs. But it did not have the best RPG. :P

Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered