Who will be getting Guitar Hero 3?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Who will be getting Guitar Hero 3?

Post by RMD »

I havent had a chance to use any version but the 360 but one would assume that the ps2 and ps3 version would use the same controller doggles so that way if you buy the ps2 version and then get a ps3 all you'd need to do is buy an extra controller.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Not necessarily. The previous GH controllers on PS2 have used the standard PS1/PS2 controller port. If this trend continues, wireless or not, it will still use the standard PS2 controller port. The PS3 version uses a USB dongle, they might not be compatible.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

So does anyone know if they will be able to sell the game tomorrow? I know my local Target already has it in the backroom.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

I just bought the game from Gamestop. I just have to go back and pick it up at midnight at their launch party tonight. Rock on.
cak!
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cak! »

im on my way to pick it up right now from best buy..i have to get it there to put it on my best buy card otherwise i would have purchased it last night.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I swung by walmart at about 1 last night after work just to check if they had, and to my surprise they did so I bought the wii version (dont own ps2/360/ps3). I already beat the game on easy today, and I only really enjoyed 8-10 songs the rest being pretty bad.

Id really like to play GH2 on my wii just because the songs are better, and apparently it is in devolopment for the wii. Strange.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

mrandyk wrote:I swung by walmart at about 1 last night after work just to check if they had, and to my surprise they did so I bought the wii version (dont own ps2/360/ps3). I already beat the game on easy today, and I only really enjoyed 8-10 songs the rest being pretty bad.

Id really like to play GH2 on my wii just because the songs are better, and apparently it is in devolopment for the wii. Strange.
I take it you're not into newer music? I think the GH3 lineup is fantastic, way better than GH2. GH2 had the right artists, just the wrong songs (and having a few more original bands rather than cover artists wouldn't have hurt, some of the covers are REALLY bad).
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Picked it up today for the Wii, plays awesome, love the new guitar. So far only a few songs are fun to play. I have yet to beat it, but so far only about 10-12 have entertained me. The songs they picked just aren't very good songs, in my opinion of course.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

DuffMan wrote:The songs they picked just aren't very good songs, in my opinion of course.
Just out of curiosity, can you mention which songs you thought were good and/or which you thought would be good but were disappointing?

Also, have they mentioned plans for downloadable song packs?
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I would also like to know this ^^

360 definitely has downloadable packs as there's a downloadable song section and bonus song section in the demo, so I assume the full version too. Who knows about the PS3 version and not sure on Wii, although it would be doubtful due to lack of appropriate space really.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I played a demo for Rock Band at Best Buy and three hours of GH3.

I want more Rock Band.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Here are some of my gripes with GH3. Wii version.

Some of the beginning songs of the game are quite easy, even on expert you can breeze through them with 5 stars no problem if you were good at the first couple of Guitar Hero's. There are some, not a lot, of Punk songs, which are not very fun to play, the simplistic scale and power chord progression associated with Punk music makes it the worst genre to have in Guitar Hero. The Sex Pistols, the Dead Kennedy's and Weezer are a few punk bands that are in GH3. Though the Weezer song isn't that bad, its still quite simple and was happy the pass through it right away. The other two are very lame, all they pretty much are is fast power chords and some short fast solos. Also, there seem to be a few slower songs. Not slow songs per se, but songs that just don't move along a fun rate of speed.

Some bands in the game I have never even heard of, like Mountain. WTF? Which I didn't enjoy.

I have not beaten the game yet, but now that I'm am further along, the music is getting more fun and difficult to play. I no longer get 5 stars or complete the song on my first try. Plus the music is more of what I think Guitar Hero should be, more technical Metal guitar, with some killer solos.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

pixel wrote:I played a demo for Rock Band at Best Buy and three hours of GH3.

I want more Rock Band.
The Rock Band demo is just sitting in our warehouse waiting to be opened, but we are technically not suppose to display it yet. It's depresses me every time I see it sitting on the shelf.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I dont own any previous Guitar Hero games, and whenever I played any of them I could not do anything above easy. I did Slow Ride on medium easily first try, then did it on hard without much problems, then I got 90% on expert all on first tries. That is how easy the begining songs are. I never even completed a medium song on any guitar hero game before this, let alone a hard and almost expert.

Wow I thought I wanted Rock Band until I saw the price of $169. I would like to play it, but if it involves taking out a loan to buy the game then I will forget it.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

DuffMan wrote:Some bands in the game I have never even heard of, like Mountain. WTF?
Mountain is not extremely well-known, but the song was a hit and still gets fairly regular play on "classic rock" stations. I'm not sure it's fair to call them a one-hit wonder, because I don't know how popular their stuff was at the time, but that's the one that still gets played. Lots of bands/songs are in a similar situation, and you probably won't have heard of the band/artist unless you pay attention and/or look stuff up afterward, even if you know the song. Sometimes it's simply that the band's name isn't really memorable.

Other examples from the top of my head (US perspective here FWIW) include:

Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe
Golden Earring - Radar Love; Twilight Zone
Focus - Hocus Pocus (I'd love to see this in a music game :lol:)
Ram Jam - Black Betty
J. Geils Band - Centerfold
Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein

There must be dozens of others that fit the description.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

DuffMan wrote: Some bands in the game I have never even heard of, like Mountain. WTF? Which I didn't enjoy.
I recognized them. Not one of my favorite songs, but I've heard the songs many times over the years.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

DuffMan wrote: Some bands in the game I have never even heard of, like Mountain. WTF? Which I didn't enjoy.
Quiet you. Mississippi Queen is a kickass song. Although, I have the understanding the rest of the Mountain discography kind of blows.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote:
pixel wrote:I played a demo for Rock Band at Best Buy and three hours of GH3.

I want more Rock Band.
The Rock Band demo is just sitting in our warehouse waiting to be opened, but we are technically not suppose to display it yet. It's depresses me every time I see it sitting on the shelf.
You'll find out how awesome it is. All the songs they picked are actually "rock" songs with an intro chorus and solo. David Bowie - Suffragette City and RHCP - Dani California come to mind. I wanted to play all the songs, but my bitch friends wanted to leave.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

DuffMan wrote:Some bands in the game I have never even heard of, like Mountain. WTF? Which I didn't enjoy.
You've seriously never heard of Mountain? Wow....that's your own problem then.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Luriden wrote:
DuffMan wrote:Some bands in the game I have never even heard of, like Mountain. WTF? Which I didn't enjoy.
You've seriously never heard of Mountain? Wow....that's your own problem then.
Nope, I have never heard of them.