current worldwide console sales

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mrandyk »

zero wrote:imo i like the PSP better then the DS i mean come on, some point an click type games or god of war??.
yea youd have to be drunk to make a statement like that. summarizing the entire ds library as some point and click games.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

)()( Zero amuses me.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

The more I play commercial games on PSP, the more I find myself agreeing with what Mel said in an earlier thread. While the graphics are really impressive, having such high quality 3D squished down onto a screen of that size is just really...not nice. I can't explain what the problem is because I can see everything fine, but I just don't like it as much. Like there's just too much going on in such a small area. I dunno, I'm just rambling now I guess. :dontknow:
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

BoneyCork wrote:The more I play commercial games on PSP, the more I find myself agreeing with what Mel said in an earlier thread. While the graphics are really impressive, having such high quality 3D squished down onto a screen of that size is just really...not nice. I can't explain what the problem is because I can see everything fine, but I just don't like it as much. Like there's just too much going on in such a small area. I dunno, I'm just rambling now I guess. :dontknow:
Exactly. Every awesome 3D game I've played on the PSP finds me saying to myself, "Man this game is good, but I'd rather play it on my TV." Ports are the worst for the PSP because there is nothing about the portable aspect that makes the game more enjoyable than just playing it on your couch in front of a big screen.

2D games for the PSP, however, are great. It's just a shame there are so few of them.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

The PSPs great.
I don't have any problems playing games on it and wishing thy were on a bigger screen, the only real things wrong with it is the shitty analogue nub and the crap battery life.

Plus you can play Sid Meiers Pirates on it.

I do have way more / better games on my DS however.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Nyarlathotep wrote:The PSPs great.
I don't have any problems playing games on it and wishing thy were on a bigger screen, the only real things wrong with it is the shitty analogue nub and the crap battery life.

Plus you can play Sid Meiers Pirates on it.

I do have way more / better games on my DS however.
How I read that:
Nyar (translated) wrote:The PSP is a great handheld! Its only problems are a crappy controller, a crappy battery, and the fact that my other system has better games.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

No, the D Pads fine. If I had any games that required analogue controls (I dont) then it would be more of an issue.

Battery life is bad, but... yeah. You can buy third party batteries that are better, but the UMD drive itself is a design flaw. Use a custom firmware and rip your games to boot off memory card improves things a lot though.

And something else on the market being better doesn't stop something being good.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

zero wrote:imo i like the PSP better then the DS i mean come on, some point an click type games or god of war??.

When im not so drunk tomorrow ill give a better reason why i like my psp better then DS, but for now i cant.
The only reason you say that is because you can pirate PSP games easily. The DS's library does not consist of "some point and click type games" anymore than a PC's library consists of point and click games, and any given standard console consists of button-mashers (spiderman 3, I'm looking at you. Wait, you actually *like* that game!).

Crash Bandicoot 1-3 and spyro 1-3 on the PSP rocks, though. Then again, that's something the PSP isn't supposed to do.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:The only reason you say that is because you can pirate PSP games easily.
I would argue that DS games are about as easy, if not easier. Whilst it does require the use of special hardware, the price of this has dropped quite a lot since they switched to slot one solutions (R4/M3 Simply/etc), and this is offset by the lower cost of the handheld to begin with, plus the fact that most games occupy a substantially smaller amount of space on the flash memory, allowing you to purchase a much cheaper one. There is also no need to worry about firmware upgrades, either.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

the ds has to be easier to pirate, $50 is all you need to pirate it for the rest of its lifetime without worry. Also the ds has such small files someone on dial up could easily pirate games wheras im sure psp games are a lot larger and take longer to get.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

az_bont wrote:
I would argue that DS games are about as easy, if not easier. Whilst it does require the use of special hardware, the price of this has dropped quite a lot since they switched to slot one solutions (R4/M3 Simply/etc), and this is offset by the lower cost of the handheld to begin with, plus the fact that most games occupy a substantially smaller amount of space on the flash memory, allowing you to purchase a much cheaper one. There is also no need to worry about firmware upgrades, either.
Yes, but zero doesn't have a DS or a flash card. He has a modded PSP.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Egotistical EvilN wrote: The only reason you say that is because you can pirate PSP games easily.
The same could be said for you with your DS and Flash cart that you have..
Egotistical EvilN wrote: The DS's library does not consist of "some point and click type games" anymore than a PC's library consists of point and click games,
I was being sarcastic, it's a good thing most other people here seen that -_- .
Egotistical EvilN wrote: and any given standard console consists of button-mashers (spiderman 3, I'm looking at you. Wait, you actually *like* that game!).
This coming from the guy who wanted to upgrade his PC for that game :roll:
Crash Bandicoot 1-3 and spyro 1-3 on the PSP rocks, though. Then again, that's something the PSP isn't supposed to do.
How is it something the PSP is not meant to do?, sony are the ones who build the PSX emu themselfs, so PSX emulation "Is" something the PSP is meant to do..
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

APE wrote:Who else would want a bus driving simulator?
Everybody! http://www.busdrivergame.com/
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

i know i do