Are futons(spelling) comfortable to sleep on?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by melancholy »

What the hell is Ikea? :?
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Been thanked: 0

Post by Prophet][ »

melancholy wrote:What the hell is Ikea? :?
"its your swedish piece of crap..", no wait, that was PIkea. (futurama reference)

But it is a swedish furniture company that is all over the world. Its marketed as stuff you build yourself and it is the orginal buy it in the box and assemble at home company. Apparently this is why they can sell it so cheap but the fact its mass produced on a huge scale probably has more to do with it. The Ikea store here is bigger than our airport to give you some idea on its size.

So, yea, its just a worldwide furniture brand that makes stuff for people on a budjet. I like the store though, they have areas like "55m squared house" and accually have a house setup that is that size and has how they would set it up with their furniture.

I would highly recommend if you want good furniture cheap.

http://www.ikea.com/

They also make good swedish meatballs in the cafe in the store.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Prophet][ wrote:So, yea, its just a worldwide furniture brand that makes stuff for people on a budjet. I like the store though, they have areas like "55m squared house" and accually have a house setup that is that size and has how they would set it up with their furniture.

I would highly recommend if you want good furniture cheap.

http://www.ikea.com/
Heh, no wonder I've never heard of it. They only have about a dozen locations in the US, and none of them are even remotely close to where I live.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Prophet][ wrote:
Nick wrote:Go to Ikea. Their shit is cheap, and it's actually really damn comfortable. Some of their pieces may be ugly (some are actually decent looking, though), but they sure as hell do their job pretty well. And, as I said before, you can't beat the price.
Ikea is great for students. Cheap furniture that is high quality and doesn't look out of place in a students room.
Cheap yeah but high quality? meh. It's nothing you can't buy at Target or something of the like. But this way you get some designer logo on it.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

from what I've bought at Ikea, its better than your standard cheap stuff.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

How a good place to buy them thats not so spread thin across the states.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Ikea generally has a lot of the same things that vary in quality... they look nearly identical just made with different materials, and the price will reflect that.

Personally I love the stuff I've gotten there... namely my desk.

I also like some furniture at target... I'm not really picky, as long as the stuff looks nice and holds up.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

There is a VERY big difference in quality between high and low end futons. The one which used to be my sisters and is now my bed and couch in my bedroom is a very nice one... It some something like $200 for the frame and $700 for the mattress, if memory serves. The frame is wood with flat slats rather than bars (I sugest getting a wood frame one like this if you can't afford as high quality of a mattress - the bars can be very uncomfortable on a thin mattress), and the mattress is so good and thick you wouldn't be able to feel bars anyway. It also converts smoothly and fairly easily. I'd say it is as comfortable as most beds I have slept in, and more comfortable than my previous bed. It's also a great couch.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Caboose wrote:All the futons I've slept on before suck. Just a foam pad and you can feel the bars and springs scraping against you and generally just really uncomfrtable. If you got a proper matress for it though then I guess it would be ok.
I know what you mean about the bars if you put a futon mattress in one of the convertible 'couch' thingys. Yet, I think futons are really comfortable on a hardwood floor.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote:I don't know if it's just a local thing, but there is a store called the Futon Factory. It might just be in Indiana, though.
Idk, I've never seen any around. Maybe it's just Northern Indiana.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Depends on the mattress and the futon, also depends on what you like. Personally, I love sleeping on things like futons (dense foams, stacks of pillows, or what have you), but many people prefer normal mattresses.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Re: Are futons(spelling) comfortable to sleep on?

Post by S. Thompson »

Ceeg wrote:I want a couch and a bed, but my rooms only big enough for one of them so i was considering a futon, but i wanna make sure its a good replacement for a mattress.
I had a 99$ wal-mart futon and it sucked.

- Fuzmeister