Now I remember why I got a GameCube at launch...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Specially Cork »

I loved my N64. It lacked any decent RPG or normal racing games, but Nintendo and Rare both made that console worth it for me. Everything else on top of that was just a bonus.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
Has thanked: 0

Post by MetaFox »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Dreamcast4life wrote:You have to admit it was a hell of a lot better then 64
The Nintendo 64 was the greatest console ever created. So, no, I won't admit to that at all.
I wouldn't say the greatest console, but maybe the greatest Nintendo console. I loved the platforming fad that went on with that system. It's a shame that there's no more good platforming games without guns and grenades (except for maybe Psychonauts, I haven't played that yet but I hear it's good).
You must play it! Psychonauts is awesome!
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Luriden »

something dumb for awhile wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Dreamcast4life wrote:You have to admit it was a hell of a lot better then 64
The Nintendo 64 was the greatest console ever created. So, no, I won't admit to that at all.
I wouldn't say the greatest console, but maybe the greatest Nintendo console. I loved the platforming fad that went on with that system. It's a shame that there's no more good platforming games without guns and grenades (except for maybe Psychonauts, I haven't played that yet but I hear it's good).
You must play it! Psychonauts is awesome!
I almost bought it a week ago for $15 at Toys R Us for Xbox. I took it to the register and thought "wait.....what am I doing? My Xbox is modded, I'll just warez it!". I got home, decided I would warez it, and thought "nah.....I don't have many Xbox games, and it looks like a game I'd really enjoy, I'll buy it.". It's an endless circle. I'll probably buy it for PS2 so I can resist the temptations to download it.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

how can you love 64 since it was more kid oriented then the cube is!!!!! also it had cart medium for less storage and a analog that likes to get loose. Like I said I love the n64 but I also like the cube. People bitch because the 64 had cart medium.blurry textures and other crap. Now nintendo remedies the problem with Cd Medium,Great GFX and basically fixed all the problems that the 64 had, but people still bitched. You know its not nintendo thats the problem but the consumers. The cube has more of everything that the 64 DIDN'T have like RPGs and Adventures titles, not to mention some retro collections.

Now see the PS2 got more retro collection but this is a company that hates 2d games and gets more content then the cube. I really think that people just find ways to hate nintendo. However, nintendo must be doing something right, they been around since 1889. the cube was great, regardless of what others think of it. I am sure the wii will rock too. Consumers just love sony, so they want nintendo to fail ASAP. Don't get pissed because This is how it seems to be, correct me if I am wrong.
Have you played dreamcast today?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'd much rather sit down with an N64, Mario 64, Zelda: OOT, Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye than a Gamecube with Mario Sunshine, Zelda: WW, Mario Kart DD and Timesplitters.

Obviously that just a quick example, but I'd say N64 had far more AAA titles than Gamecube did, and that is all it comes down to for me.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

BoneyCork wrote:I'd much rather sit down with an N64, Mario 64, Zelda: OOT, Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye than a Gamecube with Mario Sunshine, Zelda: WW, Mario Kart DD and Timesplitters.

Obviously that just a quick example, but I'd say N64 had far more AAA titles than Gamecube did, and that is all it comes down to for me.
ok, so zelda,mario kart and FPSes were great on the 64, I am for that. Considering that though, Cube has a lot more better games then the 64. you don't see a great games like Tales of symphonia or Super smash bro melee on N64, sure you have Super smash bros but with only a small amount of characters the replay value was maybe a year or so, I still play melee but I play well over more titles on my cube.
Have you played dreamcast today?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Dreamcast4life wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I'd much rather sit down with an N64, Mario 64, Zelda: OOT, Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye than a Gamecube with Mario Sunshine, Zelda: WW, Mario Kart DD and Timesplitters.

ok, so zelda,mario kart and FPSes were great on the 64, I am for that. Considering that though, Cube has a lot more better games then the 64. you don't see a great games like Tales of symphonia or Super smash bro melee on N64, sure you have Super smash bros but with only a small amount of characters the replay value was maybe a year or so, I still play melee but I play well over more titles on my cube.
Yes, there are a few excellent games on cube. But I completely disagree that there are more than there are on N64. Guess its just down to gaming taste.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I haven't played most of the "great" gamecube games, so right now I still believe that the N64 had more AAA titles -- but I've played nearly every N64 game out there. Once I get through some of these that opinion may change =)
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I loved the N64. Hell i still even play it more than my GC. I feel like i wasted my money on a GC, but oh well. Maybe the new Zelda will change my mind. Kirby Air ride is fun in multiplayer. Zelda was too easy. I did enjoy 4 swords.

But nothing can replace all the games rare put out on the 64 along with supersmash bros, mario 64, mario kart 64, Kirby, blast corps, pilotwings, starfox,

I know loosing rare hurt nintendo with the cube, but there was just nothing i cared for.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Mmmm Blast Corps.

Nico -- there is a new Pilotwings in the works :-D

Also can you play 4 swords with controllers only or do you have to have a GBA linked up?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Nico0020 wrote:I know loosing rare hurt nintendo with the cube, but there was just nothing i cared for.
Really? The only games Rare have released for a non-handheld since Microsoft bought them are:

Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero

You're honestly saying Gamecube missing out on that crappy lot hurt it? :o
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

In all fairness Conker: Live & Reloaded was an awesome update.... except they shouldn't have delayed it 20 times for the multiplayer in it -- that was worthless.

The other Rare games sucked dicks though. Also what are they working on now?
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I bought a used cube in 2003, mostly because it was only $50 and at the time, I wanted to play Metroid Prime.

I bought an n64 back in the day, but only for goldeneye and about a handful others. Nothing else on the console appealed to me that much. And, I still consider the n64 the console that Ninty's problems began. It was with the n64 that they began loosing third party support, and began loosening their dominance on the console market. Of course, Sony and their psx helped as well.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I still stand by my statement that the Nintendo 64 was the greatest console ever created.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

Juan wrote:
melancholy wrote:The Dreamcast was the greatest 64 bit console ever created.
fixed
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

ASCIIN wrote:
Juan wrote:
fixed

I don't know, man. That Jaguar surely was amazing.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i actually think the gamecube would have faired better with those Rare titles. I enjoyed all 4 of those rare games. i do agree though the conker mutliplayer blew. it was just too confusing i think by the time you could understand what was going on a stealth guy would slice your head off. As far as grabbed by ghoulies is concerned i had no problem with it.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

PDZ could've been could had the following happened:
Nintendo didn't lose rare.
As such, Free Radical team never left and stayed with rare.
Rare then produced all time splitters games, along with PDZ.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Skynet wrote:PDZ could've been could had the following happened:
Nintendo didn't lose rare.
As such, Free Radical team never left and stayed with rare.
Rare then produced all time splitters games, along with PDZ.
Not really. Considering the people left Rare to setup Free Radical in 1999 and Microsoft didnt aquire the company until 2002. So whatever theory youre working on is completely wrong.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

Mr. Jeeba wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:
Juan wrote:
fixed

I don't know, man. That Jaguar surely was amazing.
the jaguar was 32 bit
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.