gamecube controller question

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by emptythought »

milfzor wrote:controllers are much like USB ports, that's the best way to look at it..as long as the device fits physically (which it should) then it will work....
To a degree. The PAL Dreamcast lightguns will not play in some NTSC DC games becuase the games have them locked out by region. But doing that to a controller would be selfish.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

All I know is that I've been able to get both snes and saturn japanese controllers to work on ntsc consoles...

with the wavebirds: I recently had to replace the batteries for one that I got from ebay, but that was mostly because I would sometimes leave it on for extended hours/days. :oops:

so, I now use rechargable....wheee :wink: :) :D
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Only thing I'd wonder about is that North American controllers might use a different frequency than European ones.

Aside from the legality, the controller might interfere with something and/or not work because something else is interfering with it.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Nick wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Vlame wrote:
melancholy wrote:Dude, if the Logitech Wireless PS2 controllers can pull off 30 hours with rumble, the Wavebird should easily be able to as well.
Official > * All other brands
GC feel and shape > MicroGC (Madcatz)
Have you ever used a Logitech wireless controller? The Xbox one is infinitely better than the official controller. And the PS2 one is the greatest controller ever created.
If it wasn't for the fact that the Logitech Wireless Xbox controller requires you to push incredibly hard on the buttons -- making it hard as hell to acclimate to for say, Halo 2 -- I'd agree with you. In essence, the Xbox 360 Wireless Pad is almost identical in form to the Logitech pad for the original Xbox, except you don't have to drill on the buttons.
Oh, yeah, the 360 controller is great, but you can't use it on a normal Xbox. As for the Logitech controller, I know what your saying, but I always found the original Xbox controller to have stiff buttons as well.
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

Roofus wrote:Only thing I'd wonder about is that North American controllers might use a different frequency than European ones.

Aside from the legality, the controller might interfere with something and/or not work because something else is interfering with it.
It shouldnt matter. The sensor picks up the signals, not the cube itself so you should have no problem whatsoever.

As for the battery issue, I got a 3rd party rechargeable battery pack for $4.99 canadian about 2 years ago, and I've charged it twice.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

It shouldnt matter. The sensor picks up the signals, not the cube itself so you should have no problem whatsoever.
I was talking about other RF stuff. Europe and North America use different frequencies for different things.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

Roofus wrote:
I was talking about other RF stuff. Europe and North America use different frequencies for different things.
most reviews i read were talking about the 900 mhz band, the only thing i can think of in the household that uses 900 mhz would be cell phones, and im not even sure about that (dont know if we here use the 900 mhz band)
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007