I think I want to get my A+

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by toastman »

|darc| wrote:I might actually go do this one day. It'd be a lot easier to land a good job this way.
An entry level job if other candidates don't have a 4-year degree in a related field. A+, while a good and important stepping stone, is pretty much the bottom of the barrel of certifications.
Not saying this to discourage anyone (I plan on getting mine as well), but realize that it will not get you a sweet job. But a lot of certifications use the A+ as a prerequisite or credit of sorts. (i.e. the A+ and Network+ together can replace the elective portion of the MCSE certification.)
So, if you plan on doing this "one day", you might as well make it "one day this year".
No signature.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

|darc| wrote:
ace wrote:How much does A+ cert cost?
About $150 or something like that
last 4 times i checked it was 150 PER test. total of 300.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'm interested in getting this too. There a site with information on it, like where to get/take the test and such?
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

A+ will be alright if you are going to work for a level 1 help desk. Other than that, it doesn't do a whole lot for you besides teaching you how to manage issues with both hardware and software for personal computers...which most of us have learned through trial and error anyway!
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

HomerCIDAL wrote:A+ will be alright if you are going to work for a level 1 help desk. Other than that, it doesn't do a whole lot for you besides teaching you how to manage issues with both hardware and software for personal computers...which most of us have learned through trial and error anyway!
Yeah, I know but the dude I talked to said that if I had an A+, I'd almost be guaranteed this job. (In case you're wondering, it's PC tech at Circuit City. It's not much, but it's a way to raise some money for school.)
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Roofus wrote:
HomerCIDAL wrote:A+ will be alright if you are going to work for a level 1 help desk. Other than that, it doesn't do a whole lot for you besides teaching you how to manage issues with both hardware and software for personal computers...which most of us have learned through trial and error anyway!
Yeah, I know but the dude I talked to said that if I had an A+, I'd almost be guaranteed this job. (In case you're wondering, it's PC tech at Circuit City. It's not much, but it's a way to raise some money for school.)
Oh yeah, totally. A+ is a shoe-in for jobs like that. And like I mentioned, it is a good first step to other certs.
No signature.
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

Maybe they will reimburse you for the A+ exam. If they do...all the better!