Whats a good state to move to?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Smiley »

come hang wit me in maryland..sure baltimore is crime infested, but where I live is nice and quiet (in northern maryland)
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

If you're worried about cost of living then stay out of Illinois. That's all I can suggest.

I sure wouldn't mind moving to a different state either, or a different country even. I'm tired of everything here. The congestion. Mean people. I want to live in some place more rural but not redneck or hick. I seriously was considering living in Ecuador but I dunno if that's such a great idea. I dunno, I dunno.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Texas is nice. I miss it. :(

As far as politics go, if you want to get away from the raving conservatives, move further south. Northern Texas is where most of the rednecks with rifles live.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Are taxes and cost of living all you're really worried about? What about finding a job?

I mean, with those two as your only guideline, you should be moving into the west, but not on the coast. The practically dead states - e.g., Nebraska, Montana, etc.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

SC sucks nuts. hard. NC on the other hand...

i'm kind of partial to eastern nc. no idea why either, just a nice place to live. people are friendly enough if you don't live in a yankee hating zone. of course we're about to get a 15 cent gas tax increase (or was it % ?) so we're soon to have some of the highest gas in the US outside of CA
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I really liked Arizona when I visited there. Of course it's hotter than hell during the summer, but...

All I can say is do not move to Philadelphia. It's gonna be expensive, and it tries to be a lot of different cities rolled into one. And it doesn't really work that great. If that even makes any sense. :?
Very sexy hero, omg
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

mass is pretty damn expensive. and sort of annoying.

but the midwest is useless. don't move anywhere near there. i'd say north carolina; it's summers aren't too hot but it's not too southern, especially for someone who is a northerner through and through.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

Job would be easy to find cause i work at Walmart and i can get transfored to another store.

There are other factors, like i mainly wanna live near a big city, cause i feel at home in the city. So no places like Nebraska,Idaho,Wyoming ect.