Dreamcast Development Environment ISO r2

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Quzar »

dcfreedev is hard to setup and uses an outdated version of kos.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hashmire420 »

yea i tried that one before and I never got anything to work. So if anyone could tell me what would i need to do, to set devcpp with cygwin. it would be greatly appreiciated.
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
WGR7
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

My DC_DEV dont't work propely!!!

Post by WGR7 »

Hi guys,

Recently I've downloaded the ISO of the DC_DEV_r2, after the instalation the only thing that appears is the "bash-3.00$".What is wrong?My last version r1 work perfectly here.Help me.
WGR7

"procuramos a luz mas contemplamos a escurid?o"
pnpbios
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by pnpbios »

did you uninstall the old version first?
chozen1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by chozen1 »

Code::Blocks is nice, Dev-C++, also, and Eclipse is, too. The only problem is that Eclipse is so large and would take up so much room on the CD that you wouldn't have much room for config. Plus it adds all this Java support you don't need, then you'd need the C/C++ plugin. But Eclipse is pretty, albeit large.
I would have been your father, but the dog beat me over the fence.
WGR7
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

DC_DEV_r2 problem

Post by WGR7 »

Yes I unstall the old version(DC_DEV_r1).I instaled about five times the r2 but aways apears the problem.It never go to KOS directory even that I puting the paths in the etcprofile.[/b]
WGR7

"procuramos a luz mas contemplamos a escurid?o"
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

Question.
I"m trying to get back to learning Unix (awk, sed, vi, regular commands) can this DcDev ISO allow me to do that?
semicolo
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by semicolo »

well apart from make and gcc there souldn't be any other standard unix commands in there.
You can install cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com) if you want an unix-like environment in windows.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Yeah, the Dev ISO installs Cygwin.
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

semicolo wrote:well apart from make and gcc there souldn't be any other standard unix commands in there.
You can install cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com) if you want an unix-like environment in windows.
well according to him the ISO installs Cygwin but strips all standard Unix commands.

true? not true?
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Nah. You can use ls, cd, etc. I know because I've used them before.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I was recompiling kos-ports, and this happened:
Can someone confirm this to me?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

you should probably click excluir. I'm pretty sure what happened is that it's using some sort of heuristics that for some reason identify a compiled 'load_wav.o' as something commonly found in that malware/virus.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

WGR7 wrote:Recently I've downloaded the ISO of the DC_DEV_r2, after the instalation the only thing that appears is the "bash-3.00$".What is wrong?My last version r1 work perfectly here.
WGR7 wrote:Yes I unstall the old version(DC_DEV_r1).I instaled about five times the r2 but aways apears the problem.It never go to KOS directory even that I puting the paths in the etcprofile.
I'm having exactly the same problem. Actually, it does go to the KOS directory, but the prompt line doesn't show which directory we're in:
I had to manually add the PATH=/bin:$PATH line to /etc/profile in order to get the "ls" command working. Take a look at this:
There is no home directory, there's only a few files in /etc, and probably there's a lot more missing.

I may have done something wrong. When installing the DC Dev ISO R2 for the first time (thursday, when I made the above post) I forgot to uninstall the old version of cygwin first (that's what happens when you do this kind of stuff late at night). When I noticed this on the next day I went on to uninstall cygwin so I could reinstall everything the right way. Cygwin wasn't listed in the "Add/remove programs" window, and I couldn't find any kind of uninstaller for it on my start menu, so I just deleted the C:\CYGWIN directory. And then I reinstalled the DC Dev ISO R2 following each step perfectly, and got these results.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

First off I just wanted to say don't try to mount the CD image on a virtual drive. It seems to have problems when mounting it on a virtual drive.

Fragger and WGR7: I don't know much, but I do know "profiles" is supposed to have more information than that. You should check the way you're installing Cygwin.

Ross L.: I'm not sure if the URL is still right, but the subversion package on the CD has a set of instructions to do just that. It just doesn't do it for you.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

fackue wrote:First off I just wanted to say don't try to mount the CD image on a virtual drive. It seems to have problems when mounting it on a virtual drive.
Yes, mounting it in Alcohol doesn't work, so I extracted the contents with IsoBuster. And for some reason no data-data images burns correctly here.
fackue wrote:You should check the way you're installing Cygwin.
When reinstalling it I followed the instructions accurately. The problem must be somewhere else, and I think it must be related to having a previous version of cygwin installed. Deleting the old cygwin directory may not be enough to uninstall it correctly.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Offtopic, but have you tried using BootDreams to burn DiscJuggler images?

I dunno what's the prob with Cygwin. Maybe someone else can help you.
Dreamcast alive
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Dreamcast alive »

Fragger wrote:
When reinstalling it I followed the instructions accurately. The problem must be somewhere else, and I think it must be related to having a previous version of cygwin installed. Deleting the old cygwin directory may not be enough to uninstall it correctly.
I had the same problem with the BASH-Shell. There was only the Prompt "BASH-3.00$". And I can?t see some path, but the path creation works you just can?t see it. It was the first time I tried to setup KOS. I had not installed KOS or Cygwin and things like that before.

But after I typed

Code: Select all

PATH=/bin:$PATH
in the Profile file in \Cygwin\etc\ and then typing make in the BASH shell the installiation proceeded. I think it was the path that you start in the BASH shell, \Cygwin\bin\.

After a german tutorial I made my first image with hello.c in the dreamcast\examples\ directory, but they say I would only see a black screen and no "Hello World!". Could that be?

Is GCC installed with or ready to install with the ISO from Lyingwake? Is there an easy way to integrate a compiler? If I search in the Cygwin Directory for GCC there are many matches.