Headphone out for the DC?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
jemsic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jemsic »

I use a naki VGA box (cheap clear blue one) I got it off ebay for like $15 shipped. It has video outputs for vga, rca, and s-video. It has audio outputs for rca and stereo audio(which is like a headphone plug). Late at night I plug my Sony V6 headphones into the stereo audio and the volume is just fine.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

can I get a pinout for the audio visual plug thingamaroo, I hate pokin around a live box.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

can I get a pinout for the audio visual plug thingamaroo, I hate pokin around a live box.
You mean where to get the audio from? Check out this picture. I believe the top 3 pins of the "Dreamcast connector" is what you want. I'm not positive though.
ptr.exe
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ptr.exe »

riva16, they're not great, but when you pay 34p for an amp what do you expect? i used one for this and it works pretty good, theres no hissing at all.

Go into Maplins and look in the catalogue for an Op-Amp (8-pin) they should do the trick.
Orange_Ribbon wrote:It is also the reason why you can't wear tight pants. Damn anal warts.

Millenium Falcon Dreamcast
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

HTML worked in the sigs, but not anymore... I think i had a capacitor backwards. I still have my "amp on a chip"s, but I'm not into all the soldering and stuff anymore. No place to do it like my old place did...
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!