General: Army planning for 4 more years in Iraq

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fatheadpi »

As for your question, I don't think they'd recall someone who flunked out of basic. Not unless there's a draft.

Just a sidenote about the whole staying in Iraq bit, saw an article at work the other day. Kind of amused me. It was these Air Force communication guys bitching about three month deployments. It was the only time that year they'd deployed. Couldn't help but think of all the Soldiers and Marines who'd consider themselves lucky to get off with a 7 month deployment, and know they'll be there for a year.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ex-Cyber »

IIRC, a 3-month field deployment is the standard for the Air Force; you can get longer or shorter depending on necessity, but they try to keep the average deployment around 3 months. Unless I'm remembering it wrong, that's not even an implied risk of joining up with the Air Force, it's an openly declared policy.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer