NeoGeo CD emulator testers needed

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Quzar »

Cool. I might consider creating a new compatability chart, just because the old one is outdated, and I really dont know how long it will be till Ian's website is taken down, but if not, it may just be a good indication of its stability.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DCmad »

I have:
  • Metal Slug
  • Metal Slug 2
  • Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
  • Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers
  • Samurai Spirits II
  • The King of Fighters 95
  • The Last Blade
  • Top Hunter

And a like for amateur webdesign ;)
Midgey34
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Midgey34 »

Your welcome to use the html I created for a NeoPop compat. list. The drop down code is a slightly modified version from Senile Team's website.

http://www.freewebs.com/dcnation/ngpc_multi.html
Remember, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:wink: hello Guys, i have tested my games of neogeo cd in this version OF THE EMULATOR,"V1" . P.S. MY DREAMCAST IS PAL

Have see a great problem at borders left and right when move the scrolling, the screen cut a part .

A lot of games work more slow "fatal fury real bout special, samurai spirit 2, fatal fury 3 :? .

The only game wich work the CDDA are "FIGHTER HISTORY, PULSTAR,"
all other are mute.

(in the version 9.3 for cdda is "=" to v1)

Sorry, i dont see different to v 9.3 to v1, the problems are ">"

Beauty the screenshot for boot disc :wink: .

However thanks quazar , and you had merc for me poor english. :|
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Games will seem slower to pal users because they are now running at normal speed. previously it was overclocked to 110% speed for pal users and for all users it had no limiting function, so it just ran as fast as possible, which just happened to be close to 100%.

as for the screen being cut apart, i think you may be referring to how there are two blocks of 20 or so pixels of the background scrolling that are visible at the bottom of the screen. These are anomolies that appear in some games as they allow stuff to render off screen (like most arcade games seem to).

please post the information that you are trying to convey in your native language and maybe i can interpret it from there?

hablas espa?ol? con eso puedo entender un poco mejor que su ingles.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:D My native language is ITALIAN
I try to write in my language,

QUAZAR, a parte la lentezza che tu hai giustamente menzionato per via del formato pal del mio dreamcast, il problema piu' grosso e' che si vedono ai laterali destro e sinistro delle schemo, dei blocchi neri quando si fa scrollare lo schermo, il che e' veramente fastidioso.

Ho provato con tutti i miei giochi, ma il problema resta. :|

----------------------------
BEAUTIFULL SPEAK MY LANGUAGE :D AHUAHUAUHAHUA
bye! :wink:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

OH. wow. i actualyl understood that. so you tested it next to a real system and it still ran slower? well, all i know is that the 9.3 ran as fast as the dreamcast could run it, without check. all i did was add checks to make sure it ran at exactly fullspeed.
xenon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by xenon »

Quzar, I am Spanish but I will write you on English ;) Sorry, but today I was very busy...so TOMORROW morning I will test my games :)
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

this only works with original neo geo cds right because neogeo cd was never availible here
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

megaman8x wrote:this only works with original neo geo cds right because neogeo cd was never availible here
if a copy is identical to the original there is no way for the emulator to know...
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

what i mean is i have the rom files so i just burn them to a disk and play?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

megaman8x wrote:what i mean is i have the rom files so i just burn them to a disk and play?
This is a NeoGeo CD emulator. NOT an AES or MVS emulator.
xenon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by xenon »

Here are the tests :D My Dreamcast is PAL.

- CYBER LIP: Runs very very well. No CDDA
- LEAGUE BOWLING: Runs perfect. No CDDA (the intro is CDDA)
- METAL SLUG: Perfect? :D . CDDA
- MUTATION NATION: No CDDA. Runs very well
- PULSTAR: CDDA. Runs very very well.
- PUZZLE BOBBLE: Simply the arcade, without music :)
- RALLY CHASE: In the IMR last versions it hanged. Now also it hangs when you start playing. NO CDDA
- SOCCER BRAWL: Wow!, no CDDA
- SUPER SIDEKICKS: No CDDA, it runs very very well
- THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95: NO CDDA. Now everything runs very well, including the backgrounds :D. Impressive
- THE SUPER SPY: It runs very well. NO CDDA
- VIEWPOINT: Perfect. No more words :) CDDA

THE emulator is very good. If you play it in a Commodore 1081 monitor, sometimes you think you are playing the arcade machines ;). Very good work. Keep on working !

:kiss)
Illicious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Illicious »

I have a first run jap DC with a chip just for playing US CDs.

Ive tried this new NeoDC v1 and no neo cd will work with it.

Screen turns orange and somtimes green.

Is this for PAL users or does it matter?

V9.3 does work thoe.
It plays just a few games with no sound.

Im trying to figure out whats wrong after making 3 boot CDs but no luck.

BTW, i am using original neo geo CDs.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Illicious wrote:I have a first run jap DC with a chip just for playing US CDs.

Ive tried this new NeoDC v1 and no neo cd will work with it.

Screen turns orange and somtimes green.

Is this for PAL users or does it matter?

V9.3 does work thoe.
It plays just a few games with no sound.

Im trying to figure out whats wrong after making 3 boot CDs but no luck.

BTW, i am using original neo geo CDs.
Does it get to a screen where there is the logo? if so then you may not have burned the bios. IF you do not get to the logo screen i suspect it may be your import chip that confuses it (as the emulator checks for the region of the DC in order to set the region of the NGCD).
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

For the next release I'd suggest a region selector - As I own a JP DC I'm in advance because my games play as they're intended to, but US/PAL users would have to live with modified content (missing blood, smaller breasts etc)

I've not expierenced the problems you've described Illicious, I burned the SBI of NeoDC v1, with my BIOS added and all my original games do play fine in my modified first run JP DC. The games that have copy protection (you'll notice a small ring on the disc) won't run, but they didn't work with NeoCD SDL v09x by IMR as well.
Insane homebrew collector.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Christuserloeser wrote:For the next release I'd suggest a region selector - As I own a JP DC I'm in advance because my games play as they're intended to, but US/PAL users would have to live with modified content (missing blood, smaller breasts etc)

I've not expierenced the problems you've described Illicious, I burned the SBI of NeoDC v1, with my BIOS added and all my original games do play fine in my modified first run JP DC. The games that have copy protection (you'll notice a small ring on the disc) won't run, but they didn't work with NeoCD SDL v09x by IMR as well.
>_<. I coded the region selector that is featured in v5 of NeoCD on. It is still in there, i just have it start out automatically picking the region based on whatever region your DC is from. You can still hold down start after inserting your game to change the region.

I'm not to sure what happens if you run a jap game in a pal DC though because it will run it at 50hz. If you are on a pal DC (running on a 50hz pal tv) i wouldnt reccomend manually changing the region to US or jap as it may cause ood problems with music syncing and speed.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

quzar wrote:I coded the region selector that is featured in v5 of NeoCD on. It is still in there, i just have it start out automatically picking the region based on whatever region your DC is from. You can still hold down start after inserting your game to change the region.
Okay, okay i didn't know that :roll:
Insane homebrew collector.
xenon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by xenon »

Quzar, I have a PAL DC and I didn't notice any problem...

The emulator runs at 50 HZ? I ask this because the emu starts at 60 HZ...

Yours,
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Shouldnt the default be Japanese region setting since the American and pal version of some games had blood turned off and things to that nature. Why would anyone want that? And to say you honestly want your fighting game in english is just stupid.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!