Dream On Magazine needs a name change: need name suggestions

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SinisterTengu »

This whole thing sounds like a really cool idea, and I'll definately be buying it. Have you contacted any places for advertising? I mean, maybe Lik Sang or other import places would pay you a bit to have an ad in the mag, and maybe even when the disc boots up or something. That could really help with costs..

And maybe you should start a preorder thing, so you can get some of the payments for it up front.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

-RaZorBakk- wrote:Where you located
New York
-RaZorBakk- wrote:how do i get it
Once the format of the magazine is decided, then the best way to distribute the magazine will be determined.
-RaZorBakk- wrote:and how many pages ..
Around 20-25. It sounds low, but you have to realize that this is quite close to a lot of other magazines since the larger size is comprised of mostly advertisements. There are no ads included in the magazine at all.
Rev. Layle
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rev. Layle »

5 bux + CD = good deal to me
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

SinisterTengu wrote:This whole thing sounds like a really cool idea, and I'll definately be buying it. Have you contacted any places for advertising? I mean, maybe Lik Sang or other import places would pay you a bit to have an ad in the mag, and maybe even when the disc boots up or something. That could really help with costs..
If the first issue is a success, this is definately something I'll look into in the future.
SinisterTengu wrote:And maybe you should start a preorder thing, so you can get some of the payments for it up front.
I learned my lesson from Chikugoyaku. I'm not going to take preorders for this. If it doesn't ship when planned, I don't want people to feel like they've been burned.

The best course is to take orders when the product is ready.
mogorman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mogorman »

I would buy it, especially at that price!
-------------------------------------------------
some say the glass is half full
some say the glass is half empty
I say thank god they gave me a glass
segasweet
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by segasweet »

Hell YES, I will buy the magazine. I love the idea.
:dc: Sega is sweet! :dc:

:mg2: Sony sucks! :mg:
mg2
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by mg2 »

|/|
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

Only $4.95, about the standard magazine price, I suppose I may purchase one or two copies :lol: :D
--==--
KScott1947
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Dream On Magazine

Post by KScott1947 »

I am absolutely thrilled that there will be a magazine available for the Dreamcast. I can hardly wait for the first issue. Please let me know how much and when available. :D
Kenneth W. Scott
smsforce
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by smsforce »

$5.00 sounds like a bargain. Count me in. :)
Brett (smsforce)
muffinman943
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by muffinman943 »

seems cool....

would u have a subscription, cuz id defiently buy a subscription :P
SLiDE
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by SLiDE »

Why not explore some advertising in the mag--I am sure that places that sell dreamcast equipt. and even mod equiptment will advertise...that will cut your printing costs way down. If you gaurentee a printing of X amount to the advertisers for dist. you can charge them acordingly even if the mag only sells a portion of the total print run (x-?). How do you think all the other professional mags do it? I used to work for a mag as an art director for all of those layouts and I can tell you they are running a smoke show--they end up throwing away millions in print over runs.

Just my 2 cents. but I am sure you can get the price down to $2.95 US if you are a bit more agressive on the ads--and I for one would love to see a regular publication that supports the DC scene as well as gives me an avenue to explore different mods for other systems as well.
-SLiDE->
Rosary
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Rosary »

Yes, I'd buy it.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Hey Metafox, what Payments would you take? (paypal, credit, mail in 5 spot?) Also would there be an option for an electronic version with a downloaded ISO, and still pay the 5 dollars? (I am just asking since I am sure you have it laid out in your PC.) For some reason I would just dig a PDF file or something along those lines.
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

Can i buy it right now, because i just came into some moeny. I can only pay with an money order, if you can P.M. me where to send the money I will do it tommorrow.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

...I'll certainly buy one, so long as the magazine itself is in print form (don't really care for reading e-zines; starts to hurt the eyes after a while). I love having interesting little oddities like this, and the whole "underground" DC development scene is such a fascinating phenomenon that I'd love to help see it grow and flourish. Which reminds me: as soon as my paycheck comes in, I need to order a copy of Inhabitants ;)
jiloup
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by jiloup »

I am interested too but i live on the island of Reunion (a french departement on the indian ocean) if you know the price of sending and you can send to me : i want to buy it
runkthepunk
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by runkthepunk »

yes i would pay for an issue i often read through issues from my collection of old mags, and i think a new magazine would be welcomed by most people. :)
SmokeyFingaz
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SmokeyFingaz »

if u can ship to germany count me in!!
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

I'd gladly pay $10 .... and it would still be cheaper than most mags here (especially the overseas ones).

Count me in :)