May Day Bank Holiday Teaser

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by impetus »

DC's Champion wrote:For one, it looks really old school and not like a game that should even be on the Dreamcast.
We had our suspicions that you might be a fool, thanks for clarifying.
DC's Champion wrote:And why are all these "underground developers" (the technologically inferior) working on 2D titles?!
Because nobody else is.
DC's Champion wrote:It's like I'm always asking myself "When the hell are these morons gonna create a 3D fighter?"
OK, well, when are you?

There's a difference between bashing ("looks pretty crappy") and criticism (pointing out certain elements which could use work or offering ideas or improvements). What you are doing is bashing. And if you can't offer any help or criticism, why speak up at all, only to irritate people? That's called "trolling" and it's not appreciated.

If you feel you're being bashed - you're not. You obviously don't have any sense of "netiquette" or respect for the development community, and they are simply "being truthful" according to your own logic.

Mikey242 wrote:One thing though (im sure its temporary anyway) is the explosions and the black box surrounding them (is this one of the graphical problems on the pc you talked about?).
Yeah, the PC demo uses KosINE, which shows the "boxes", but they will be removed for the DC version.
Last edited by impetus on Tue May 04, 2004 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

Well whatever. I probably could produce a game like this in under a week. With the simplistic backgrounds and sprites...it shouldn't take anyone any time less than a week.

I'm sure Ice does make pretty good games...but this just isn't my cup of tea.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

DC's Champion wrote:Well whatever. I probably could produce a game like this in under a week. With the simplistic backgrounds and sprites...it shouldn't take anyone any time less than a week.
so? i could go make a simple game if i wanted, ain't gonna stop me from releasing it
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

@DC's Champion: Ur surely very entertaining ...not :evil:

Don't bother or is there someone's forcing you to buy this game :twisted:
...or even waste ur precious time while beeing online for downloading it if it's finished?

IMO it looks good! I wanna BURN it (yeah WASTING CDRs! 8-) ) and PLAY it on DC :!:
Insane homebrew collector.
WaCk0
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by WaCk0 »

DC's Champion wrote:Well whatever. I probably could produce a game like this in under a week. With the simplistic backgrounds and sprites...it shouldn't take anyone any time less than a week.
I'm really curious to see if you can do a PORTABLE game code. I think you cant do even a text rpg.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Fine, one week from tomorrow, I expect your game to be released.
No signature.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

Whatever.

Your insults are immature and I'm sick of it. I now know how to burn a game thanks to a shining angel named Ian Michaels and his/her advice with an easy to read page that explained everything.
The problem is IF everyone here would simplify things instead of talking in "alien codes" then everyone would know how to make games in an instant.

And if you're telling me that I can't make a game with sprites in it...then you're wrong because I've ripped sprites before. (from Final Fantasy, Chrono trigger)

All I'm saying is WHY IN GOD'S name would someone keep porting "OLD" 2D games with a different name to the dreamcast? Why not just go out and buy the stupid console...it's only 15-100 bucks on ebay...and if you're working...then it should be no problem getting one.

If it were 2D like samurai showdown, KOF, groove on fight or something like Street fighter (Like what BOR mods do) then I would've congratulated him.
But this isn't a reasonable port...it's more of something a caveman would be entertained by and try coding. :evil:

So why don't you leave me alone and stop quoting me. :rumpshaker:
"Amiga, NES, SMS and all other retro consoles should be burned, spat on, stomped and forgotten. The future lies within a 3-dimensional realm...not simplistic cutout sprites."- Dc's Champion.

The only REAL hardcore Sega fan on the entire globe.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

i don't understand why your pissed off, it's not like dc programmers owe you anything
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

Whilst you're into those "old 2D games", real programmers are designing new games. These programmers release all these beta versions of games that have already been produced long ago instead of recreating the title altogether.
Why not just emulate the g*ddamned title instead of porting it and wasting a perfectly good CD-R?

Sh*t, now I am pissed because of your juvenile comments.
"Amiga, NES, SMS and all other retro consoles should be burned, spat on, stomped and forgotten. The future lies within a 3-dimensional realm...not simplistic cutout sprites."- Dc's Champion.

The only REAL hardcore Sega fan on the entire globe.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

I mostly like 2d games just because no damn loading.... DC Champ, you said you could make a game in a week so why dont you show us?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
SoldierBlade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SoldierBlade »

READY, SET, GO!!! Put up or shut up asshole. You might learn something....unless your brain leaks out of your ears.
Signatures are lame...
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

DC's Champion wrote:Whatever.

Your insults are immature and I'm sick of it. I now know how to burn a game thanks to a shining angel named Ian Michaels and his/her advice with an easy to read page that explained everything.
The problem is IF everyone here would simplify things instead of talking in "alien codes" then everyone would know how to make games in an instant.
http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=502142
Your first post, not even locked. But after Ian Micheal answered you, instead of replying in the same thread you instead create this, your second post:
http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=508395
And then spew off some nonsense about people talking like scientists and generally being an ass. Sure quzar was a dick, not going to argue that. And you constantly throw out insults, then backpedal and say, "Oh no, not you or you, but other people."
And if you're telling me that I can't make a game with sprites in it...then you're wrong because I've ripped sprites before. (from Final Fantasy, Chrono trigger)
Ok, you've ripped sprites. Good job. That took all of five minutes with Snes9x/ZSNES. Now slap some code behind it. I want to see something from you besides insults and bluster.
All I'm saying is WHY IN GOD'S name would someone keep porting "OLD" 2D games with a different name to the dreamcast? Why not just go out and buy the stupid console...it's only 15-100 bucks on ebay...and if you're working...then it should be no problem getting one.
Because it's there. Most of us are tooling around with this, we release what we create because we like to share.
If it were 2D like samurai showdown, KOF, groove on fight or something like Street fighter (Like what BOR mods do) then I would've congratulated him.
But this isn't a reasonable port...it's more of something a caveman would be entertained by and try coding. :evil:
It's not a port, it's an original.
So why don't you leave me alone and stop quoting me. :rumpshaker:
No.
No signature.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

DC's Champion wrote:Whilst you're into those "old 2D games", real programmers are designing new games. These programmers release all these beta versions of games that have already been produced long ago instead of recreating the title altogether.
Why not just emulate the g*ddamned title instead of porting it and wasting a perfectly good CD-R?

Sh*t, now I am pissed because of your juvenile comments.
Innovation is in the gameplay, not in the graphics.
You can learn a lot by recreating older style games.
And you don't need to use an entire CD-R for any of this stuff.
The only juvenile here is you.
No signature.
WaCk0
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by WaCk0 »

LOL @ speud :lol:
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

im gonna put it simply like this DC champion you shouldn't talk shit on a something you can't back up.. besides that what the hell are the controls for this game lol i couldnt get it to do anything im completely lost id love to try it but does me no good if i can't control it. i pressed every possible key on my keyboard and nothing except i got it to pause it seemed when i pressed alt look ,but the game does look decent hope on the dc verison theres more variety of enemies. every new homebrew someone contributes i welcome with open arms and mind.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Sure quzar was a dick
hey... :(

I answered all of his questions, then suggested a slight attitude adjustment... not like i called him names or made fun of him like some others
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Heliophobe
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe »

I call 'do-overs' on this thread.
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

Its not often thati do any forum modding here butyour atitude is all wrong DC Champion, i suggest a quick change or a temp ban might be in order from the admins.
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.