PSO

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gmc »

Dreamkey 3 comes with the PAL version of PSO so you can put your own ISP in.
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

Happen to know where I can find a PAL copy?
Its not quite the bargain i got but try here they list prices in $'s to so i assume they ship to the states:

http://www.videogamecompany.com/acatalo ... _Z_51.html

I ordered a VGA box and joypad from them and it came in 2 days, so they're reliable if a little pricey.
They have PSO2 for ?20/$31

THanks GMC
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Are they reliable? Last thing I want is a used copy, or end up having to deal with BuyRite-quality service.
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

Are they reliable? Last thing I want is a used copy, or end up having to deal with BuyRite-quality service.
Take a look at the line bellow the link ;)
Just because i dont agree with you on the PS2 doesnt mean im going to give you a bum steer im not a total prick :)

Search some UK game websites some dont put links to thier DC stuff but it can be found using the sites search function
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

My bad. And like I said in the previous thread, we all have our opinions.

Anyway, are all the games they are selling brand new? I dont want a used copy, because I dont know if Sega will support UK based Serial Number resets in the USA.

Oh, someone posted at the GameFAQs forums that the EU servers are down. Dosent this render the games online mode worthless if the games regional servers are down?
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

My stuff was boxed, as new though a little squashed, probaly because my postmans an arse as my GP32 arrived in much the same condition (from a different company). but if your worried about it i would email them.

Do u have a link to the thread where u read that euro DC servers where down i googled for info on it but only found some msg's on some random forums about the EU GC or Xbox servers having some down time
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Gmc wrote:Dreamkey 3 comes with the PAL version of PSO so you can put your own ISP in.
Whats Dreamkey 3?

And JDUK, heres the link.

http://s1.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme ... ic=9248178
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

Dreamkey is the UK dremacast software that hooks you up to the net.

The post is seemingly only about sever down time from the post times on them it was down yesterday some time, seeing as only 2 ppl commented it might now be up again otherwise i guess more ppl would be complaining. I see your registered on the GFAQ boards post in the EU server down topic asking if its perm' or temp' server down.

Cheers for the link

Edit: I've just asked on the planetdreamcast forums and am awaiting a reply.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Thanks. Do you think Sega Of America will reset the serial numbers of a PAL copy? Just in case I nab a used copy.

Oh, can I transfer my US character to a PAL copy of v2? If I cant, there goes about 80% of the incitive to buy a PAL copy.
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

from planet dreamcast forums re my question about euro servers being shut
"PSO will be up and running for the forseeable future, "
Email them to check its not a used copy, if in the end all you can get hold of is a used copy email sega europe to check with them if they will reset the serial. And sorry cant help you on character transfer issue again email sega.

I would also ask ppl here about compatability of dreamkey with the US telecomunication sustem the EU & the US have different telecom standards i believe.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=15113

Is this the version of PSO v2 PAL I should buy? I just want to play v2 free, but use my current ISP settings(USA). I'm using the Utopia Boot Disk.

Oh, can I transfer my US character to a PAL copy of v2?
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

That has the "Includes Dreamkey 3.0" sticker on it that would indicate it was the pal version. BUT ebayers are prone to useing pictures from web sites or nicking them from other sellers so yuo may want to contact him. But it certainly looks like the pal copy.

Got mine about an hour ago. Yes its free and Yes the servers are up.
There is a transfer option but it says to transfer from PSO so im not sure if this works from other copies of V2. might be worth poasting a thread on that ?
syco
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by syco »

Ok what version of DreamKey do i need to get it working ? im using 1 at the mo.

pso ver2 PAL comes with dream key 3, which is the latest and best version. that will get it working ok! it also works in the US and is much better than the planetweb browser that US people get. Another reason to get a PAL version, then :)
Life is pointless,
Go to Hell,
There is no life there,
Therefore it is not pointless.
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

I would love to get back on PSO but my number is screwed up. I think it was because I got hacked either that or it could be because I used Web Browser 2.6 and I heard it screws up your PSO numbers. Everytime I log in I get a message abouit using my charactor on the DC that I made it on which I did make it on mine. I heard I have to get my access codes reset by calling a number and I was wondering if there is any other alternative, if not then does calling that Sega Hotline number involve money?
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

All you need is a handy serial number reset.

Call Sega at 512-231-2429, Mon-Fri, 8:30 - 5:30 PST. Just tell them you bought a new Dreamcast and they'll reset it, no questions asked.
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

Well i was quite supprised, it being my first time on PSO and all...... after hearing about how cheating is rife ive only met one cheater after playing yesterday every one else i met was dead against it some with a 0 tollerance of grouping with ppl who cheat. (So it was a minascule amount compared to counterstrike cheaters.)

Are these the remanants of the dramcast/pso fanbase who stick around because their glad to be able to play now all the cheating b*stards are off hacking somthing else or was it always alright as long as you avoid ppl with names like $$Da Ub3r p1mp$$ or 10wNzj00!!11 ?
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

I mostly join games with people I know or played with previously, and I avoif games with anybody level 100, or with outrageous names.

Anyway, the only place Ive found with a decent amount of activity/v1 games was BLOCK01 in the Oberon. Some of the players are cool to hang with. It sucks I have to deal with this until mid-late September.
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

I've been playing block 1 of oberon too :)
I'm a big metal guy named Tron, if you see me say hi .... and give me some uber duped kit :wink: j/k
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Ill be sure ti say hi. I'm a RAmar named Amuro, and I'm usually online 6-8 PM EST, sometimes earlier. Do you have AIm or any kind of messenger program, maybe we can chat a bit.
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

Yeh im on MSN m8 ill pm you my MSM name.